Iona Dress Code

ScratchTheRat

Hi all.

Ive read the dress code pages of P&O’s websites.

just want to check my info is correct.

daytime is cruise casual - wear what you like.

evenings are smart casual so jeans and smart t-shirts/polo shirts and shirts okay.

on a 7 night cruise on Iona there will be ONE gala night where it’s black tie.

does that sound right?

Yes, that looks okay.

P&O FAQ for casual:-

Evening Casual

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal for Evening Casual nights, for example casual separates or dresses for ladies and open-neck polo shirts and casual long trousers (not shorts or 3/4 length trousers) for men. A jacket and smart trousers can be worn but are not compulsory. T-shirts are also acceptable but should not have any offensive symbols or language on them. Smart dark denim is also fine, but not trainers, football shirts or tracksuits. Please see below examples/ideas.

51 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I’m hardly going to buy a wardrobe full of trousers just for 7 days on a cruise! I have no need of them when home. 

If I only had jeans to wear I wouldnt book a cruise. I wouldnt go out locally  at night to a restaurant for a meal and wear jeans never mind a cruise.

Just now, majortom10 said:

If I only had jeans to wear I wouldnt book a cruise. I wouldnt go out locally  at night to a restaurant for a meal and wear jeans never mind a cruise.

What you would do and what I would do are very different! The point was what I’m allowed to do on the ship, which is nothing to do with your or my tastes but rather the rules put in place. I’m a platinum cruiser on other lines without ever needing to wear anything special, this is just my first on P&O

• Like 3

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry it might upset many but I would not wear jeans in the evening on any ship just personal choice.

I think smart Jean's are now fully accepted as very suitable smart casual attire. My two sons, now either side of 50, have worn them regularly since they were in their twenties.

• Like 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

I think smart Jean's are now fully accepted as very suitable smart casual attire. My two sons, now either side of 50, have worn them regularly since they were in their twenties.

Yeah, I work a corporate management job and nobody at my office wears “smart” trousers. We all wear jeans!

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Yeah, I work a corporate management job and nobody at my office wears “smart” trousers. We all wear jeans!

were booked on Iona same week as you ! 

Steve (Bristol)

2 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I think I'm gonna make a Vlog about this topic actually. It's often contentious!

Definitely taking my smart jeans in September, they cost a lot more than a pair of M&S slacks. 😉

Edited by sammyh25

3 minutes ago, sammyh25 said:

Definitely taking my smart jeans in September, they cost a lot more than a pair of M&S slacks. 😉

1 minute ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Damn right! 

That reminds me of back in the days when I used to go to work.

Was in posts for years where most of the time we wore jeans.  Joined a new team, after two days of wearing jeans was told not allowed to wear jeans except for Fridays.

Fast forward a couple of years, a change of senior management and jeans now allowed all days.

After a few days of wearing trousers, the same person who told me I couldn't wear jeans asked me why I was still choosing to wear trousers.  

My answer was along the lines off when I wear the **se out these trousers, they will cost me £10 to replace from Primark.  If I wear the **se out of a pair of Levi 501s it will cost me £80....

Continued wearing trousers till the day I retired...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

That reminds me of back in the days when I used to go to work.

Was in posts for years where most of the time we wore jeans.  Joined a new team, after two days of wearing jeans was told not allowed to wear jeans except for Fridays.

Fast forward a couple of years, a change of senior management and jeans now allowed all days.

After a few days of wearing trousers, the same person who told me I couldn't wear jeans asked me why I was still choosing to wear trousers.  

My answer was along the lines off when I wear the **se out these trousers, they will cost me £10 to replace from Primark.  If I wear the **se out of a pair of Levi 501s it will cost me £80....

Continued wearing trousers till the day I retired...

I'm just a big fan of wearing what you feel comfortable in. Some love to wear jeans, some like trousers. What other people wear doesn't affect me and my dinner in any way 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammyh25 said:

Doesnt matter what they cost they are still denim jeans just with a fancy label on.

1 minute ago, ScratchTheRat said:

There's a lot of threads about it so it seems something that people are willing to fight about, so certainly a great vlog topic!

I guess I will pass on that.🤣. Perhaps there are lots of threads, but you started this one.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 2