Nils Lindstad Leaving July 31

CA Oceanfront

Just received the email notifying me that Nils Lindstad, Azamara's Vice President of Sales and Trade Support, will be leaving at the end of the month to "spend more time with his family." Another senior management departure, no doubt due in part to the ownership change, only adds to the speculation as to what to expect from both the ship side and shoreside experience of the newly independent Azamara. I will be watching with great interest the experience of the first Azamara cruisers later this year.

10 hours ago, CA Oceanfront said:

Just received the email notifying me that Nils Lindstad, Azamara's Vice President of Sales and Trade Support, will be leaving at the end of the month to "spend more time with his family." Another senior management departure, no doubt due in part to the ownership change, only adds to the speculation as to what to expect from both the ship side and shoreside experience of the newly independent Azamara. I will be watching with great interest the experience of the first Azamara cruisers later this year.

And why would you assume that?  The email clearly stated he wants to spend more time with his family.  I think the last year changed a lot of people’s priorities. Posts like yours only add to the rumor mill and don’t do any good for anybody 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

And why would you assume that?  The email clearly stated he wants to spend more time with his family.  I think the last year changed a lot of people’s priorities. Posts like yours only add to the rumor mill and don’t do any good for anybody 

Another email i did not get 

1 minute ago, Roel94 said:

Another email i did not get 

Me neither. However senior executives often move on, reevaluate their position, maybe realise their way of doing business isn’t going to fit etc. Rats and sinking ships are derogatory and more appropriate  to sensational journalism. 

It may be that the sales and marketing approach is going to be very different from the old Royal Caribbean way and executives may be uncomfortable with changing their approach to fit whatever is coming. Happens a lot….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I didn't get an email either. I suspect it was only sent to travel partners. 

Phil 

I think your right Phil, I seem to remember the OP saying they were a TA in previous posts. The position in Azamara is one that’s not really relevant to passengers in general so it makes sense.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, laurieb said:

Well 8

14 hours ago, laurieb said:

Hi Laurie

well said

john

• Like 3