Golf Shirts Ok?

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

You may eat on the pool deck and wear whatever you like and the dress code is suspended the last night on board. 

don't give people ideas about the pool deck and whatever they like :-)  

16 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

On our last cruise on the  Navigator, the dress code was not suspended for the last night. A couple came to the main dining room in shorts and was asked to change.

Just because the staff is not aware doesn't mean it isn't true. I've seen the GM correct the staff on more than one occasion.

Have we not--at long-last--gone far enough down this particular rabbit hole?  How about this protocol:  

Last night dinner.  Golf shirt does not have to be tucked-in; and shorts can be worn if utilizing the Pool Deck venue.  Golf shirt should be tucked-in to long pants (pleated or not) at Compass Rose, Sette Mari at La Veranda; or a specialty restaurant.  

Dress in a manner which honors the top quality service and ambience of the setting--where ever one is seated.  The Staff serving us throughout the cruise does not take a night off (or dress down) from providing 5-star service.  

GOARMY!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GOARMY said:

Have we not--at long-last--gone far enough down this particular rabbit hole?  How about this protocol:  

Last night dinner.  Golf shirt does not have to be tucked-in; and shorts can be worn if utilizing the Pool Deck venue.  Golf shirt should be tucked-in to long pants (pleated or not) at Compass Rose, Sette Mari at La Veranda; or a specialty restaurant.  

Dress in a manner which honors the top quality service and ambience of the setting--where ever one is seated.  The Staff serving us throughout the cruise does not take a night off (or dress down) from providing 5-star service.  

GOARMY!

Amen...

1 hour ago, GOARMY said:

GOARMY!

I am not even sure you need to wear shoes on the pool deck, lol!

My husband often wears his short-sleeved cotton, hawaiian-style, shirts worn "out" in the dining room, depending on how formal he's feeling.

But I have a legitimate question.  If a man is unable to wear shoes for medical reasons, an he get a dispensation for the no-sandal rule?  I seem to remember Poss's husband falling into that category at one time.

12 hours ago, GOARMY said:

My DW told me pleated pants were out of fashion.  Does this mean I can wear mine on the cruise? 😉

• Haha 2

I saw a 70 year old woman in a mesh, see-through dress in the CR one night. No one said anything to her but they did swap the chair after they left. I think your pleated pants would be a giant leap forward from that...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I don’t know, even if it is the last night shorts seems a little to casual for a dining room at night.  

Agree.  Most of the time - the bags don't have to be out until well after dinner time.  There is no reason one can't throw in dressier wear at the the last minute, then set the bags out.

• Like 1