Sailing in Greece? Send us your report!

Host Bonjour

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

The best way (especially if you have luggage) is to simply take a taxi.  There are always plenty of taxis at ATH so you should have no problem.  Taxis are required to use their meters.  While some taxis will accept credit cards this is not guaranteed so you should be prepared to pay in Euros.  If you do want to use a credit card make sure to raise this issue with the driver before you get into the taxi.

Hank

Thanks so much for the tips! Much appreciated!😊

9 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Agreed.  It's a flat rate of €35 to downtown whether using the taxi rank or ordering the return via Uber (which the taxi drivers use in Athens.)

If I'm going straight to Pireaus, I've used the Airport X96 bus for just €6.

The current fixed rate taxi fare from the ATH Queue to Pireaus is 55 Euros (we just used this 3 weeks ago).  For us, cruising on the Seabourn Ovation, it was a terrific deal.  Our taxi driver dropped us right at the check-in tent (where we had to get a COVID test) and since we arrived on our own (not on a large group transfer) we were immediately tested and checked-in with no delay (of lines) except for the 15 minutes waiting for our COVID test results.   

Hank

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thanks for these tips! We are very excited. I do, in fact, have Excellent Yachting booked! I am a little hesitant though...even though I know we'll love it. I hate to dedicate an entire day to it. 😞

It's a wonderful day on and in the water and a welcome addition to dusty ruins and beach days.  Think of it as a "cruise"! 😉

Here's a little taste of snorkeling amongst the rock formations and caves. That clear water though! 😍

Our boat was the Mamma Maria captained by Iannis.

20210823_101357.jpg

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

@Steeler Nation At Sea convinced Nate today so we’re set for Excellent yachting.

2 important questions:

they serve wine, right?

because if said wine, there’s a restroom, right?! 😬🤣

There was definitely a toilet on the boat.  Double check with them about the wine.  We did a private day trip with a group of about 22.  I was remembering beer, but, not wine so I checked photos.  I see no beer or wine in any of our 290 plus photos which is definitely abnormal for this group.  🤔