Blue Lagoon Island vs Pearl Island

larry_s_taco

We are cruising in on the Celebrity Reflection Oct. 21, 2021. I'm looking at shore excursion and wondering if I should pick the Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break or the Peal Island Beach Day with lunch. Does anyone have any input on either or both of these islands? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I did the Blue Lagoon Beach excursion a couple years ago.  The beach itself was beautiful but what I didn’t like was it took us one hour to get there and I think they were just taking their time because coming back it only took 20 minutes. The lunch that’s included is just OK nothing special. As I recall hotdogs and hamburgers so your basic cheap lunch.  Alcoholic drinks are available for purchase. 

I don’t like when excursion is advertised as four hours but the first hour is transportation getting there. The next time I’m there I plan to just take a taxi to one of those all inclusive resorts. I think that will be a better bargain all around. 

On 7/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, larry_s_taco said:

We are cruising in on the Celebrity Reflection Oct. 21, 2021. I'm looking at shore excursion and wondering if I should pick the Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break or the Peal Island Beach Day with lunch. Does anyone have any input on either or both of these islands? Any help is greatly

On 7/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, larry_s_taco said:

We went to the Blue Lagoon in 2019 and were very disappointed. The boat ride was actually nice. The beach was just a lagoon and not great. The lunch was laughable, they had pre made burgers and not much more, oh I forgot the orangeade. You had to submit a ticket and were watched in case you tried anything fancy. LOL. To leave we had to wait for almost an hour for the boat, lined up in the sun. The staff was not friendly. The boat ride was the best part. We are sailing 08/07/21 and we're going to try Pearl Island, hopefully that's not such a rip off. I'll let you know. I am debating renting the VIP Cabanas, I wish someone who's tried them would let me know if they are worth the high price.

20 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

Thanks. That gives me some very good insight.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

LOVED blue lagoon when I did the excursion in 2019. A very calm and relaxed day at the beach. Beautiful and clear water. Lots of loungers (at least the day I was there) and a basic lunch. When I found out the ports had changed and we were going back to Nassau, the first thing my mom said was, can we go back to the blue lagoon. It did take about 30 mins to get there, but I did not find it to be too long myself.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the Blue Lagoon tour. The lagoon itself was nice, but it is very small. The beach is in bad need of grooming with many tree roots and debris exposed through the sand.  There was even pieces of broken concrete at the water line in multiple places. They had a bar area, but the beers were over priced; we didn't check on the drink prices. They had a BBQ lunch provided. We are use to the mediocre food provided on the islands, and expected the same. The food was far worse than the other island buffets we have been to. The only kudos for this tour goes to the employees of the island, and ferry. Everyone we met was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. The staff on the ferry going over were very informative, and  entertaining. The ride over on the ferry was very nice. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, larry_s_taco said:

Just an update on the Blue Lagoon tour. The lagoon itself was nice, but it is very small. The beach is in bad need of grooming with many tree roots and debris exposed through the sand.  There was even pieces of broken concrete at the water line in multiple places. They had a bar area, but the beers were over priced; we didn't check on the drink prices. They had a BBQ lunch provided. We are use to the mediocre food provided on the islands, and expected the same. The food was far worse than the other island buffets we have been to. The only kudos for this tour goes to the employees of the island, and ferry. Everyone we met was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. The staff on the ferry going over were very informative, and  entertaining. The ride over on the ferry was very nice. 

Thank you so much for coming back and updating us!

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, larry_s_taco said:

Has anyone been to Pearl island to give their opinion? I’m going in 30 days and need advice between the two. I’ve seen comments say Blue Lagoon was better and I’m debating. 

• Like 1