Formal Night - I’m back!

3 night cruise, we are being very casual on this cruise and I didn’t plan on there being a gala/formal night.  This is the shortest cruise we have been on and we hadn’t planned on packing a lot so I am letting the boys out of wearing full suits; but dress shoes, dress pants, a shirt and a tie are a must.  I will coordinate them with the ladies but problem is the ladies have no idea what to wear!  We really need something that’s easy care and pack 🤷🏻‍♀️(Picture from the last cruise for inspo)

78E1EE29-682A-4326-B42D-68E9EF5249E6.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, Missbollinger said:

Thanks!  I’ve been shopping, us ladies are on the ‘shorter’ side so maxis are hard to find without alterations.  I will post soon with pics!

Midi length is the rage now and they will be "maxi" on you. Or else buy from the  misses petite section. My daughter is 5" and she wears maxis a  good bit   that she buys in the petite misses section. Kohls and Dillard's still have those.  I know a lot of stores like Macys and JC Penney has done away with that section but there are still stores that carry petite misses. 

14 hours ago, simplelife said:

It's almost impossible to find petite dresses. Fewer and fewer places are carrying petites and those that do (here that means Belk and Kohls)  have sportswear only.

Skirts and tops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, clo said:

BTW, if you simply google, you'll find plenty of women's clothing stores.

I do a lot more online shopping that i used to. Even online, there are fewer options, particularly for petites. And online shopping is not the same as being able to sees and feel fabrics and try on.

12 minutes ago, simplelife said:

I do a lot more online shopping that i used to. Even online, there are fewer options, particularly for petites. And online shopping is not the same as being able to sees and feel fabrics and try on.

Did you check the J Jill petites? You "see and feel" in your own home and try one and if you don't like you send it back. 

And here are some stores in Charlotte.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=deptstores&find_loc=Charlotte%2C+NC

On 8/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, momofmeg said:

Midi length is the rage now and they will be "maxi" on you. Or else buy from the  misses petite section. My daughter is 5" and she wears maxis a  good bit   that she buys in the petite misses section. Kohls and Dillard's still have those.  I know a lot of stores like Macys and JC Penney has done away with that section but there are still stores that carry petite misses. 

Talbots has both a dedicated area for petite misses in their stores, and you can also find petite misses offerings in their catalogs and online.  Shop their sales for the best discounts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 2:58 AM, DeeDee Groff said:

Talbots has both a dedicated area for petite misses in their stores, and you can also find petite misses offerings in their catalogs and online.  Shop their sales for the best discounts.

I did not mention  Talbots because there are no Talbots around where we live. I was mentioning the stores  I know about. Of course she can try online shopping  but I hate returning online. I prefer to go in person if possible, so I don't usually recommend that. . Maybe the OP has access to a Talbots.  It is not an issue for  my daughter. She is able to find things that fit her correctly. Which was my point. The OP says because she is short, maxis are too long on her.  I guess we can agree she  needs to find a store that carries petite misses, the size  range for short women.

To the OP, petites start in size 0 but go up into larger petite women "big gal" sizes. the only difference is  the length of dresses and pants, and where the waist line hits. You may find you will love that size range for pants too so you won't have to have your pants hemmed. 

I have been noticing a lot of Velvet dresses in the evening/cocktail section.  I have a New Years Eve cruise coming up and I’m having a hard time finding a dress I love and in my size. What do you gals think of velvet?

I love velvet for both long and short cruise dresses.  My favorites are very soft and drapey, less like the stiffer velveteens of my youth.

Had we still been booked on our New Year's Eve cruise, I would have been packing my dressiest dresses.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...