Antigen Testing For Those Returning To The USA and PCR Testing For Those Returning Canada

Keith1010

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Or cancel my cruise which I don't want to do.  What I don't understand is if Crystal has the ability to do PCR tests, why not offer it to Canadians for a price.  I don't imagine there are lots of us.

The issue is not the price.  The issue is the time it takes for the results and that there are limited staff and getting all the other quick tests done requires lots of resources and an entire day and then there are the other tests such as for crew.  

I would recommend writing to on board guest services to see if there has been a change on this.  I only asked the other day but it can't hurt to ask since things can be fluid.

I found this on one of the Bahamas site.  It is on San Salvador.  I don't know if they do the PCR test but it might be worth checking into.  I know they do testing for COVID.

I hope this helps.

Keith

San Salvador

COCKBURN TOWN COMMUNITY CLINIC

Testing has begun by appointment
Nurse Aleta Rolle
San Salvador
(242) 331-2105

• Thanks 1

PCR testing requires specialized, sophisticated and expensive lab equipment and trained personnel, unlike the rapid antigen test. Viking is the only cruise line I’m aware of that has a PCR lab on board their ships.

6 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

PCR testing requires specialized, sophisticated and expensive lab equipment and trained personnel, unlike the rapid antigen test. Viking is the only cruise line I’m aware of that has a PCR lab on board their ships.

According to Keith,  Crystal has as well.

From Keith" The issue is the time it takes for the results and that there are limited staff and getting all the other quick tests done requires lots of resources and an entire day and then there are the other tests such as for crew.  "

Good news from my travel agent.

Some initial good news from the executive team regarding the onboard testing.  If a guest needs a PCR test to return to their home country, the guest can purchase it onboard for $125.  This is effective immediately.  We ask that the guest(s) advise the ship that they need a PCR test once they board. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Good news from my travel agent.

Some initial good news from the executive team regarding the onboard testing.  If a guest needs a PCR test to return to their home country, the guest can purchase it onboard for $125.  This is effective immediately.  We ask that the guest(s) advise the ship that they need a PCR test once they board. 

That's great news. I assume the turn around time is 24hrs like everywhere ? 

Hope you feel a bit more relaxed now.

Scott

• Like 2