Cabo All Inclusive Day Pass?

dlesh77

Hi all, Advice needed if ya got it! Excursion we had booked through third party in Cabo, that was a sightseeing tour, took us to San Jose and included lunch has been cancelled by the operator. And I cannot find something similar. Person we will be with will have limited mobility and cant snorkel, jetski etc. I was thinking of just getting a day pass at one of the all inclusive resorts. Is there any that you would recommend? I have heard you can get really good deals if you don't pay to book in advance and just show up? We will be on CCL Panorama in October.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I would search all of the beach clubs and resorts along Medano Beach.  A couple of questions:

Do you really want a pool?

Can your limited mobility person walk a bit on the beach?

The reason that I ask is that you can buy lots of food and drink on the beach for way less than you are likely to spend buying a resort day pass.

If I had to pick, a resort I would at least give the Melia a look.  It's a nice hotel with good service and I believe they sell passes for the day.  I wouldn't know if it's an all inclusive package.

The other option is a beach club.  I haven't gone there, but I think the Beach Club by Mango Deck looks nice.

One more thing - I am not sure as to how much of a discount is available just showing up the day of.  Anyone that you will talk to knows that your time is very limited and really don't have too much negotiating leverage.

My general impression is that an All-Inclusive deal requires considerable alcohol consumption to be economically worthwhile.  [As a non-drinker, I have never done an AI, so I am not speaking from personal experience.]   If you are in Cabo for a one-day port call, how much are you going to be drinking?  Will an AI be worth it? 

I agree with SelectSys, that it might be better to buy food and drink on the beach instead of buying an AI Pass. 

Or even, if your friend can't do the beach at all, just get a non-AI Day Pass and pay a la carte.  

Here's a suggestion for a great company that does tours that they tailor to cruise ship passengers' available time:  We've used them in Mazatlan for an amazing private tour of Las Labradas Petroglyph site, and they have very good reviews for their other tours as well.

https://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Cruise-Corner.htm

Have fun in October!

I was debating an all inclusive resort in Cabo but then booked the Luxury Sail and Snorkel cruise with all inclusive drinks and a lunch. I felt like I could easily do this the next time I will visit Mexico on a land vacation.   I loved the idea of taking a sailing cruise vs an All Inclusive. 

Also online you can Google passes for All Inclusive Resorts and take a taxi to the resort. 

Some of the resorts the Cruise ships send you to are not as nice. For $104 per person you can get an Adults Only Luxury resort vs the cheesy one the Cruiselines like to crowd you at.

https://www.resortforaday.com/destinations/cabo-san-lucas-day-pass/