Mobility impaired question

sharont

Hello all,

I don't have a wheelchair, but use a rolling walker for long amounts of walking. I have a bad back and my balance isn't great lately, so walking through the sand on a beach is very difficult for me.  So I'm asking for suggestions for excursions in Cozumel that I'd be able to do.  I've been to nachi cocom a few times, and the last time we went, I couldn't stand walking in the sand (at that time I only brought a cane with me), so I stayed at the pool area all day, so looking for other ideas please.

Thank you,

Sharon

1 hour ago, sharont said:

Hello all,

I don't have a wheelchair, but use a rolling walker for long amounts of walking. I have a bad back and my balance isn't great lately, so walking through the sand on a beach is very difficult for me.  So I'm asking for suggestions for excursions in Cozumel that I'd be able to do.  I've been to nachi cocom a few times, and the last time we went, I couldn't stand walking in the sand (at that time I only brought a cane with me), so I stayed at the pool area all day, so looking for other ideas please.

Thank you,

Sharon

Not sure if you are wanting a beach you can access, or if you just want a view of the sea? Presumably you don’t want to walk long distances or stairs?

For a view and good facilities Money Bar would be my first suggestion which claims to be accessible but it is a man-made sandy area and access to ocean is ironshore.

My other suggestions would be Playa Azul Beach Club, Sky Reef or Buccanos but I haven’t seen them claim to be accessible. I think you would  need to confirm directly that these places meet your needs.

My other suggestions would be a private driver for the day who could take you sightseeing to suitable locations. We have used Tours Plaza many times and I am sure an email to Eduardo would be promptly answered with suggestions if you described what type of vehicle you would need and any other requirements.

Whilst you are not looking for wheel chair accessible, I found this fairly recent article that may have suggestions to help you

https://www.apieceoftravel.com/wheelchair-accessibility-in-cozumel/

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you c-leg5, I will have to search for these places and see what they're like.  I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, I guess I'll know it when I find it, so will search your suggestions and see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...