Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

Was just reading something about the USA in November will require air passengers travelling to the USA to be fully vaccinated.   Am I right in that it is the same as Royal Caribbean's policy, that a mixed pfizer/moderna shot 30 days apart is considered fully vaccinated?   

Has anyone with a mixed pfizer/moderna shot been on a cruise lately?   Wondered how things went for them?

1 hour ago, cantgetaname said:

Was just reading something about the USA in November will require air passengers travelling to the USA to be fully vaccinated.   Am I right in that it is the same as Royal Caribbean's policy, that a mixed pfizer/moderna shot 30 days apart is considered fully vaccinated?   

Has anyone with a mixed pfizer/moderna shot been on a cruise lately?   Wondered how things went for them?

I read that too. It looks like the CDC is looking at the mixed vaccines studies, they are in the "regulatory process", and might update their mixed vaccine position in due course. So it's wait and see.

Edited by DirtyDawg

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update from the CDC re MIXED VACCINES:

Interpretation of vaccine records: CDC has not recommended the use of heterologous (i.e., mix-and-match) primary series. However, the use of such strategies (including mixing of mRNA, adenoviral, and mRNA plus adenoviral products) is increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series.  The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Definitely great news! Especially for countries like Canada or Germany where mixed vaccines are used quite a lot.

steamboats

Canada has nearly 4 million people vaxxed with a mix of vaccines. I don’t know how many are cruisers, or how many even travel outside Canada…but  having the freedom to do so is a big relief. 

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Canada has nearly 4 million people vaxxed with a mix of vaccines. I don’t know how many are cruisers, or how many even travel outside Canada…but  having the freedom to do so is a big relief. 

I thought this would always happen , it never changed any of our travel plans 

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

I thought this would always happen , it never changed any of our travel plans 

You predicted a world-wide pandemic?  I guess it would depend on your travel plans as to whether they’d be disturbed.  It didn’t bother any of mine either.

1 minute ago, christinand said:

It doesn't look to me like RCCL's vaccine requirements have changed yet

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-accepted

Nope, I had the same question and I was chatting with a Royal rep last night and he wasn't even aware that the CDC has now approved the AZ+mRNA combination.  I had to provide him with the link to the CDC info.  After seeing the link, he said that they should be working on it and that we should see an update within the next 5 days -- his words, not mine.

• Like 1

Interesting development…now the FDA is saying that Americans can mix and match their booster vaccines.  They haven’t voted on it or made an official announcement but alot of indications are showing this to be true.  They didn’t mention AstraZeneca because it wasn’t used as an initial vaccine.  I find this to be amusing after all the hoopla about other countries using mixed vaccines.

Celebrity has updated their ‘approved’ vaccine mixes to be considered fully vaccinated. Someone on SM showed the table. I haven’t gone to the X website to verify it.

3 hours ago, frteach said:

Finally, the news that many Canadians have been waiting to hear. Hoping that cruise lines other than Celebrity will see the light as well. I have AZ and Pfizer. Great news for Celebrity cruisers. 

13 hours ago, TorontoNewbieCruiser said:

Nope, I had the same question and I was chatting with a Royal rep last night and he wasn't even aware that the CDC has now approved the AZ+mRNA combination.  I had to provide him with the link to the CDC info.  After seeing the link, he said that they should be working on it and that we should see an update within the next 5 days -- his words, not mine.

I hope so. I have 8 days to see if they update. Hurry up! Lol 

11 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Celebrity has updated their ‘approved’ vaccine mixes to be considered fully vaccinated. Someone on SM showed the table. I haven’t gone to the X website to verify it.

Celebrity hasn't updated their website yet as of now. Now it seems like it will be a waiting game to see which cruise line does the update first.

2 hours ago, TorontoNewbieCruiser said:

Celebrity hasn't updated their website yet as of now. Now it seems like it will be a waiting game to see which cruise line does the update first.

I can see it on the Celebrity website... under Health & Safety frequently asked questions . 

Mixed Vaccines

Edited by hancogran