Washington Post article on Edge's first post-Covid cruise

hiccups

1 hour ago, ymncruise said:

Based on the reader comments on the article, Wa Post readers sound like they’d be a fun group to cruise with. They display such kindness and tolerance. 

I've found no matter what news entity publishes an article about cruising, loads of people jump in to comment they'd never go on a cruise.  "Petri dish" is always the primary comment.  It's funny that people that don't cruise apparently like to read articles about cruising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

I've found no matter what news entity publishes an article about cruising, loads of people jump in to comment they'd never go on a cruise.  "Petri dish" is always the primary comment.  It's funny that people that don't cruise apparently like to read articles about cruising.

How do you know who cruises and who don't?

That was unnecessarily long and didn't share a lot of the actual experiences.  Lots of pre-cruise confusion to whether testing and/or vax cards were required.  One thing I started a thread one, if X is mandating curated experiences they need to bundle two or more tours into one or increase the duration of the tours as in many cases.  If you want to see the ruins which is a 4 hour tour, due to timing, there's nothing else you can do for that day.

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

How do you know who cruises and who don't?

Well, when someone comments on an article that they've never been on a cruise or would never take one, I assume they're being honest about that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I got the union leader link to work, but you don't get the WaPo reader comments, which is really what I wanted.  Errrrr

No, you don't.  LOL.  Lots of people that look down their nose at cruising and make derogatory comments about it and people that cruise, although several cruisers responded to them.

• Like 1

I am a Washington Post subscriber.  Those comments are typical of what gets put on any article: lots of people with zero experience chiming in anyway, although there are often good comments mixed in with the bad.  Despite what many assume, WaPo is actually a national newspaper.  I see the same types of comments on Facebook when the same articles are posted there, and those comments are coming from people from all over.  How many times "petri dish" is used could be the basis of a drinking game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

No, you don't.  LOL.  Lots of people that look down their nose at cruising and make derogatory comments about it and people that cruise, although several cruisers responded to them.

I wanted them for the comic relief.  You are not on a position to tell me my desires.  

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

Well, when someone comments on an article that they've never been on a cruise or would never take one, I assume they're being honest about that.

Your original post said :loads of people", this one says "someone", there is a difference. I read several boards daily, and a small majority  of the posters who have less than stellar things to say about cruising even mention their experience or lack of experience with cruising.

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Your original post said :loads of people", this one says "someone", there is a difference. I read several boards daily, and a small majority  of the posters who have less than stellar things to say about cruising even mention their experience or lack of experience with cruising.

Seriously?  This is where you choose to focus?  If you read the comments on the original article I posted, you'd understand.