Something odd in my "Upcoming Cruises" in my Azamara account

hiccups

Like many on the board, we had an upcoming cruise cancelled, which was a replacement for an earlier cancelled cruise.  Azamara hadn't offered a L&S option for this cruise in its list, but via our TA, we're attempting to move to the itinerary that we had orginally booked for November 2020 (Brazil-Argentina). 

Anyway, today I logged into my account, and noticed we still had a cruise listed.  Because the last couple times I've logged in it's still listed the Peru-Chile cruise, I just assumed Azamara still hadn't updated the system.  Then I noticed the upcoming cruise is ""Caribbean Sunsets" on Quest, departing 1/23/22 (the ship and departure date of our Peru-Chile cruise).  I was pretty surprised to apparently be automatically lifted and shifted to a cruise that is in no way similar to the one that had been cancelled.

I've been leaving my TA to deal with Azamara regarding our L&S, but I think I'll be making a phone call to Azamara on Monday, too.

It's work on progress and I'm sure Quest will have a Caribbean winter if it can and not go to South America. They had to put your Miami to Lima cruise somewhere. I'm sure the new itineraries will come out very soon. 

Lift and Shift is becoming more and more complicated as the return to cruise date moves on and areas of the world continue to have covid issues. It's going to take some time to sort it all out. 

Phil 

That is interesting, because I still have the 7 January Miami - Lima cruise listed, and it’s still on the website.   If they have a Caribbean cruise on the schedule, and I haven’t been able to find that yet, yours is the only reference I have seen to it, then clearly the Miami to Lima cruise has to be modified somehow.  I assume your January 23 “Caribbean sunset” cruise starts from Miami?

For what it may be worth, my account page shows recent past cruises to the Adriatic and Greece, both this past May. I'm hoping to get loyalty credit for them, but I'm not holding my breath. Wish I could say we had a wonderful time, but at least there was no jet lag involved. I love Azamara, but their computer system is, shall we say, a bit quirky. Very much like my microwave and my toaster. Both have personalities, sometimes humorous, other times, not so much. Enjoy your cruise, wherever you may wind up.

• Haha 1

Our cancelled March 2020 cruise was listed on past cruises for quite a while but has now disappeared, but our cancelled October 2020 b2b cruises are still there. However our cancelled September 2021 cruise that we moved to August 2022 isn’t.

Wondering if it’s because there things attached to the booking that can be reused so it’s easier to leave them listed so agents can locate them. Reason I say this is one of the cruises was booked using 3 free days, when we recently made a new booking I asked the Azamara agent if it was worth using these (as is often the case it wasn’t) he then said as the booking was made onboard I would receive the loyalty discount from the new booking, which I wasn’t expecting but gratefully accepted.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

That is interesting, because I still have the 7 January Miami - Lima cruise listed, and it’s still on the website.   If they have a Caribbean cruise on the schedule, and I haven’t been able to find that yet, yours is the only reference I have seen to it, then clearly the Miami to Lima cruise has to be modified somehow.  I assume your January 23 “Caribbean sunset” cruise starts from Miami?

As soon as I saw the Caribbean Sunsets cruise, I checked for the cruise on Azamara's website, and it wasn't listed.  So definitely things are a work in progress.  You're correct, the cruise departs from Miami.

image.png.bcddec077e53437ed216bf7786855a3a.png

Edited by hiccups

2 minutes ago, hiccups said:

As soon as I saw the Caribbean Sunsets cruise, I checked for the cruise on Azamara's website, and it wasn't listed.  So definitely things are a work in progress.  You're correct, the cruise departed from Miami.

image.png.bcddec077e53437ed216bf7786855a3a.png

That’s right after my Quest holiday cruise. And it will go to St. John? That’s fantastic, thought all the cruise ships had to dock in St. Thomas. That’s where our cruise is going and I would much prefer St. John.

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There’s the Quest Holiday, then the enigmatic Miami-Lima, and then the Caribbean Sunsets out of Miami.   C’mon Azamara, hurry up and let me know soon—what will be the substitute for the Miami-Lima?

I agree.  I've had 2 of the 3 South American cruises canceled and all are still showing in my account.   Not sure why the Jan 7th itinerary was still hanging on because no way would Azamara sail through the Panama Canal and turn around and return to Miami to start a season of Caribbean cruising.  The cost alone entering the Canal again would be a hugh expense to them.  We'll all just have to wait and see.🙂

On my account, it has replaced my canceled 11/2  16 night Journey cruise with a 4 night Aegean Sampler on Journey on 11/2 - with the same booking number. And my rescheduled Quest cruise on 12/23 now is showing $200 of OBC, which is completely out of the blue. What the heck?!

16 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

On my account, it has replaced my canceled 11/2  16 night Journey cruise with a 4 night Aegean Sampler on Journey on 11/2 - with the same booking number. And my rescheduled Quest cruise on 12/23 now is showing $200 of OBC, which is completely out of the blue. What the heck?!

Did you lift and shift the 11/2 cruise?

Two days ago Azamara removed the Caribbean Sunsets cruise from our account.  Then I received word from our TA that our Lift & Shift to the February 2023 Argentina-Brazil cruise was approved (yay!), so now we have that one listed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hiccups said:

Two days ago Azamara removed the Caribbean Sunsets cruise from our account.  Then I received word from our TA that our Lift & Shift to the February 2023 Argentina-Brazil cruise was approved (yay!), so now we have that one listed.

Did you cancel that cruise or did it just disappear from your account?

No problem accessing my account this morning, however you have to remember this is still the RCG system which is flaky at the best of times, plenty of reports of problems on the Royal Caribbean board.

Having said that I can get in ok it’s not without problems, if I access via Azamara.com it all looks ok, although I can still see two cancelled 2020 cruises but I still think this is for reference as there are reusable perks attached to the bookings. However if I use Azamara.co.uk I can see everything but there’s a lot of programming information superimposed on the text making it unusable, it’s been like this for months.

21 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Did you cancel that cruise or did it just disappear from your account?

I’m not sure—when it first appeared I emailed our TA and told her we weren’t interested in that cruise, so I’m not sure if she had Azamara cancel it while we waited for approval on our L&S, or if Azamara removed it.

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Our November cruise which was cancelled by Azamara in the last batch of cancellations is still showing in our account today.

Mine has been replaced by a 4 day cruise that is not listed anywhere as a real itinerary 

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Mine has been replaced by a 4 day cruise that is not listed anywhere as a real itinerary 

That is so strange- what is the itinerary for 4 days? Does it end in Athens?  If it is for Journey  Nov 2 , then next cruise up would be Nov 6.

I am wondering if the Nov 6 and Nov 21 on Pursuit( only 2 sailings on Pursuit not cancelled for 2021) would be moved to Journey. Even in latest email today from CEO only talked about new Med and Caribbean cruises on Quest and Journey -no mention of any new sailings on Pursuit.  

Just trying to figure out why they keep saying our Pursuit November 6 and Nov 21 are a “go” but no new sailings are ever mentioned for Pursuit.

We were told that new itineraries for Quest and Journey would be bookable by end of month- so maybe the “mystery” of this 4 day Aegean cruise will then  be revealed as real or bogus.

1 hour ago, floridafolks said:

We were told that new itineraries for Quest and Journey would be bookable by end of month- so maybe the “mystery” of this 4 day Aegean cruise will then  be revealed as real or bogus.

I have no idea where it goes because it is not listed on their website. I think it is just an error 🙄