Back From the Edge-a post cruise review of July 3-10 w/ pics

EMc&DrS

1 minute ago, EMc&DrS said:

Most of the bad reviews we had read in advance were about the entertainers being intrusive.  That is no longer an issue!

Thank you for the review!  We are scheduled to cruise in January on a back to back- however this will be on the Oasis of the Sea's.  Our next Celebrity cruise is March 2022!  

• Thanks 1

I so enjoyed your review!  While we aren’t on Edge, we will board Apex in Barcelona in October for the TA.  We hadn’t planned on dining in Eden given the pre-pandemic. reviews; however, your review and photos (coupled with that of @graphicguy), prompted us to change our minds.  We now have an Eden reservation 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bama4cruisin said:

I so enjoyed your review!  While we aren’t on Edge, we will board Apex in Barcelona in October for the TA.  We hadn’t planned on dining in Eden given the pre-pandemic. reviews; however, your review and photos (coupled with that of @graphicguy), prompted us to change our minds.  We now have an Eden reservation 😊

I hope it’s awesome. I’ve added a copy of the current menu on Edge. You do not have to choose from just one column, but are free to pick either selection from each course. 

000AE758-1935-4CD2-AE33-7603E668A44C.jpeg

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We also didn't like the rooftop Grill.  Thought it would be like the Lawn club grill on the Silly and Reflection, but it isn't enclosed and we walked out of the rooftop grill on our last pre pandemic edge cruise.  They need to enclose it and have ac and heat lamps when necessary.

Yes, we tried Lawn Grill on Equinox & enjoyed it well enough. We bought a dining package as we had a large chunk of OBC since they moved her from Europe to the Caribbean suddenly in 2018.

We LOVED Qsine...I swear Petit Chef was separate at the time. It was fine too.

35 minutes ago, KKB said:

Yes, we tried Lawn Grill on Equinox & enjoyed it well enough. We bought a dining package as we had a large chunk of OBC since they moved her from Europe to the Caribbean suddenly in 2018.

We LOVED Qsine...I swear Petit Chef was separate at the time. It was fine too.

No lawn club grill on equinox.  They have glass blowing.  Only lawn club on silhouette or reflection 

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

No lawn club grill on equinox.  They have glass blowing.  Only lawn club on silhouette or reflection 

hmmmm must have been silouette🤷‍♀️

Great review with helpful tips. I also love taking photos to document our trips and have decided to leave my Nikon behind most of the time to use my less bulky IPhone11 just as you have. I love the St Maarten plane videos and that stop is on my bucket list. We have only cruised on NCL but coincidently we are looking forward to cruising on the MSC Seashore on Nov 27th.

48 minutes ago, MrTexTJ said:

Great review with helpful tips. I also love taking photos to document our trips and have decided to leave my Nikon behind most of the time to use my less bulky IPhone11 just as you have. I love the St Maarten plane videos and that stop is on my bucket list. We have only cruised on NCL but coincidently we are looking forward to cruising on the MSC Seashore on Nov 27th.

I do miss the clarity of the Nikon pics when using the built in zoom lens. When I use the zoom on the iPhone, the pics look great on the phone and on Facebook, Cruise Critic, etc. They just are not the same when transferred to the big screen of my iMac. Oh well, way easier to just take the phone to the beach.

That’s funny about the Seashore.  We’ll be getting off as you are getting on. I’d rather be sailing your itinerary, but we had to book during the holiday week while we were off.

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

GREAT REVIEW:  thanks for posting, you should consider doing PR work for Celebrity!

Now, that sounds like a great ideal.  If I could just figure out a way to get paid to take cruises….🤔

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Quick question.  I just saw in your disembarkation information that you were wearing a mask in the customs area…were you required to put one on at embarkation in the terminal?

Yes, masks were required the entire time we were in the terminal.  As a matter of fact, we had to put them on before exiting the ship--they had staff by the exit making sure everyone was masked.

During embarkation, we had to have the mask on before entering the terminal.  When we stepped onto the ship, however, one of the first things anyone said to us was, "You can take off your mask!"

34 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Yes, masks were required the entire time we were in the terminal.  As a matter of fact, we had to put them on before exiting the ship--they had staff by the exit making sure everyone was masked.

During embarkation, we had to have the mask on before entering the terminal.  When we stepped onto the ship, however, one of the first things anyone said to us was, "You can take off your mask!"

Really, what purpose did that serve? No masks on for 7 days,  then getting off so you wear a mask? Then leave terminal and take it off. 

Just don't understand today's logic or lack of.

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Really, what purpose did that serve? No masks on for 7 days,  then getting off so you wear a mask? Then leave terminal and take it off. 

Just don't understand today's logic or lack of.

The CDC requires that you wear a face mask while on public transportation and at transportation hubs. Cruise terminals are considered transportation hubs and Port Everglades, not Celebrity, is responsible for compliance with this requirement.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Thanks for your reply.  Since no pictures are allowed in the terminal…and I don’t think any other posters had mentioned the masks I’m glad your wonderful review reminded me of masks.  Since we aren’t required to wear them where I live, I’ve always got some in the car if needed but I could very well have forgotten to put some in my carryon bag.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The CDC requires that you wear a face mask while on public transportation and at transportation hubs. Cruise terminals are considered transportation hubs and Port Everglades, not Celebrity, is responsible for compliance with this requirement.

Fully understand CDC and normally agree with them. However, this is not logical considering that we are not wearing masks now. Except,  where there is a big outbreak such as LA.

I remember sitting in cruise terminals and we could not take pictures. Yet, you could take pics in the airport. 

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Will you stop applying logic?! 😜

Yes, we as a society have stopped applying logic. We see that loss everyday.

We need to get back to the basics.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Fully understand CDC and normally agree with them. However, this is not logical considering that we are not wearing masks now. Except,  where there is a big outbreak such as LA.

I remember sitting in cruise terminals and we could not take pictures. Yet, you could take pics in the airport. 

Maybe not wearing masks is one of the contributing factors in the rising number of cases. I, for one, will be wearing a mask at both FLL and PE, whether or not they are required. I'm fully vaccinated, but don't want to become another "vaccinated so only mild symptoms" case.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Maybe not wearing masks is one of the contributing factors in the rising number of cases. I, for one, will be wearing a mask at both FLL and PE, whether or not they are required. I'm fully vaccinated, but don't want to become another "vaccinated so only mild symptoms" case.

I have been fully vaccinated since Jan 2021, both shots. I wore a mask when we were required, too.

Masks are not the issue here. Vaccinations are! Over 30% refuse to get them. Those that refuse to get the jab are those that refuse to wear a mask. It is still a political iissue. JMO!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for your reply.  Since no pictures are allowed in the terminal…and I don’t think any other posters had mentioned the masks I’m glad your wonderful review reminded me of masks.  Since we aren’t required to wear them where I live, I’ve always got some in the car if needed but I could very well have forgotten to put some in my carryon bag.

Don't forget you'll need masks if you plan to get off the ship.  We had to wear them out in all three ports on our trip, but not at the beach.  I know they are requiring them in Mexico for those on the Western Caribbean itinerary.