July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

7 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@HaveDogWillTravel or anyone else on the sailing.  Have you seen Jovie yet?! If you do, please tell her Carolyn & Steve say hi!

Yes!  I’m sorry I didn’t post sooner. I met her first day and have had several wonderful moments with her. I did pass on your regards and she sends hers back!

EC307E2F-305C-4F77-BDC8-3689A7668FA1.jpeg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, ctipton55 said:

When does the departure time choices show up in the app.   We need to let our shuttle know what time we are getting off the ship.    thank you.

You should have a disembarkation form to fill out just like always. Most have gotten it from their steward but I did not so I went to guest services and got mine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, franktown said:

Realize even if you could pick a departure time it does not mean you will get off the ship at that time there are way to many variables.  The ship could be late arriving, customs has to clear the ship etc.  On are last cruise in 2019 even though we docked around 6AM the ships did not let the first passengers off till 8:30.  Never did find out what exactly what the problem was.  Our flight wasn't till 1so it was not a problem for us.  

Will there even be customs to clear for a ship that has only visited US ports?  I am very interested in hearing how the disembarkation process goes and I do hope that someone posts about that when they are off the ship.  So much great information shared thus far.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Possible to get a "Vines" report?

Cheers

Vines is the new crooners. The qr code menu is missing many prices. They’ve reported the issue so maybe it’ll be fixed for next sailing. But in the meantime here’s the menu. 

77D7AAC8-C7E9-4FD2-AF1D-C4CC8C96C374.jpeg

11D8691B-2F74-4B3C-942E-6C4B8E5ADFB2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You should have a disembarkation form to fill out just like always. Most have gotten it from their steward but I did not so I went to guest services and got mine. 

Can you tell me what the time options are?   Just need an idea to give to shuttle company.   Thank you.

32 minutes ago, dskenn said:

For those of you sailing in club class.  You can order this every evening. I ordered at the beginning of cruise and said I want 4:30 daily.  

DCE4EA66-76A0-48FA-81FC-7A34DD4D29C7.jpeg

Yum! They look the same as ever. Enjoy the cruise - four more days?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

It is essentially like a mini chef's table with multiple courses with turns of different wines. At $40 per person. On the Royal classics in to the main dining rooms have a lovely table that's surrounded by a beautiful little wine cellar where they can tuck this dinner. During the meal the chef will come out and explain to you what's being served. 

I think of it like a Crown Grill type meal with with wine included.  The $11 up-charge from a CG meal is well worth it.  More intimate.  My preference has always been the Mondavi theme WM dinner which I think is the most common/popular.  It is very nice to have it in the special area of mid-ship Deck 5 DR.  You can see it on the deck plans as the typical location.  But, yes, I think we both think it is good value - IMO, better value than the Chef's Table.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Vines is the new crooners. The qr code menu is missing many prices. They’ve reported the issue so maybe it’ll be fixed for next sailing. But in the meantime here’s the menu. 

77D7AAC8-C7E9-4FD2-AF1D-C4CC8C96C374.jpeg

11D8691B-2F74-4B3C-942E-6C4B8E5ADFB2.jpeg

Thank you! I see you can order the Jordan Cab Sav by the glass - even with an extra charge over the $12 Princess Plus price - I'll be having that one. Your ship 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes!  I’m sorry I didn’t post sooner. I met her first day and have had several wonderful moments with her. I did pass on your regards and she sends hers back!

EC307E2F-305C-4F77-BDC8-3689A7668FA1.jpeg

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, muffin said:

Let’s talk medallions!  How are most people wearing theirs and are they convenient or a pain?  I’m thinking of just getting an old fashioned card as I know just where to put it on my body / clothing for different needs!  Don’t like the idea of presenting my neck to,be scanned for a drink etc!     am I being silly? 

You can keep the medallion on your body just like the card.  We just carry ours in a pocket.  Like that it opens the door of the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing the menus makes me wonder if the famous Twice-Baked Goat Cheese app has made an appearance?

I still see no Curtis Stone features like the Sea Bass and Mussels dish, the Chicken Pot Pie dish.  I wonder if they intend to add these in time? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

I have a few questions.  How late did you arrive?  How early did Princess notify you of the late arrival?  And did you ever find out the cause of the late arrival?

Thanks!

I believe we arrived 45 to 60 minutes late and they notified very early on .. which was probably the day before.  I think I heard it was due to strong winds heading up but I can’t be completely sure as I don’t even remember where I heard that.  Hopefully someone else has been paying attention better than I was that can answer your question with more certainty.  
It did push our tour back by over an hour, which would have been ok if it weren’t an all day tour.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Possible to get a "Vines" report?

Cheers

It is excellent … we go there every day.  
We’ve gotten some really nice wines there including a Jordon Cab and a Rombauer Chardonnay.  The entire staff there is top notch!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is excellent … we go there every day.  
We’ve gotten some really nice wines there including a Jordon Cab and a Rombauer Chardonnay.  The entire staff there is top notch!  

Thrilled to hear that! I'm looking forward to the Jordan Cab. Enjoy - EVERY sip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Does anyone know if we are still able to order steaks from the Crown Grill while we are in the MDR?

Great question!  But I have not seen a photo of the insert page that would be in the menu folder.  On past cruise, it didn't appear until night 3 I think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

I never saw a confirmation that they were having a top 40 event and what number of days the cutoff for it was. I realize that my cruise in a few weeks will probably have more passengers, but it would be great to make the cut again. On my Alaskan cruises in 2019, there were fewer than 50 Elites on board.

Their are going to do it, but the report back is going to be done differently.  We ask the captain  circle  host on Instagram 

• Like 2