July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

As you know from my earlier post I’ve been utilizing the ocean now order get it delivered anywhere feature. Past performance to my room had been 45 min to an hour. 
At 9 pm tonight I ordered a glass of white wine, a caramel creme desert and potato chips. 
the wine appeared in 4 minutes flat!!!! Faster than sitting at the bar!  
the desert snd chips came in 15 min. 
they said there’s been more crew assigned to this feature snd the technology had been improved. 

tomorrow is glacier bay day hopefully it will stay the same. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Vines is the new crooners. The qr code menu is missing many prices. They’ve reported the issue so maybe it’ll be fixed for next sailing. But in the meantime here’s the menu. 

77D7AAC8-C7E9-4FD2-AF1D-C4CC8C96C374.jpeg

11D8691B-2F74-4B3C-942E-6C4B8E5ADFB2.jpeg

Finally got around to blowing this up and comparing the bottle prices.  More than half the wines are matching the 2019 price list.  Some are up a couple of dollars.  Perhaps they left prices as-is for old stock and only increased on ones they had to replace a lot.  Who knows?  Just guessing.  The above is only a partial list of wines available. 

If anyone cares to post photos of the full wine list, that would be super.  Or just take the photos sometime at dinner and post them after you get back home.  Thanks.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tabledance said:

How has the staff and housekeepers been doing? Are there any restrictio s tk housekeeping and your room?

Our room steward is incredible.  They only come in to clean your room when you are not present but we do catch up in the hallway to exchange pleasantries.  I don’t see any real differences between before and now except they are providing service once a day unless you request the evening service, as well.  In my opinion, this has been a long time coming and I like it better.  
I absolutely love the green and red buttons on our medallion screen outside our room.  Those signs on the doors would get lost or fall off … this makes it so much easier all the way around.  
We are still getting a paper patter, although abbreviated.  Again, better because it’s better for the environment.  I don’t believe they are ready to go paperless just yet.  Gone are all the ads for the jewelry, spa, art auctions, etc.  

The ship is spotless … not only the room stewards but everyone is constantly cleaning!  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Great question!  But I have not seen a photo of the insert page that would be in the menu folder.  On past cruise, it didn't appear until night 3 I think?

We’ve had dinner in the MDR every night so far and haven’t seen it.  However, this sailing is fast becoming the cruise of ‘YES’.  There is really no reasonable request that it seems as though the staff won’t try to fulfill.  I will try to remember to ask our waiter when we go to dinner tomorrow night.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just a short update of the last 24 hours onboard …

This sailing just keeps getting better and better.  In the Concerto signing room, we found an amazing, funny and very personable waiter that we just love and the hostess and head waiter now seem to be able to seat us in his section for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I know they can’t save a table for us when it’s busy but, luckily, the reduced capacity helps out with that a lot.  

The food has been wonderful.  
Today we went to Alfredo’s and everyone works as such a team to make sure the service is fabulous.  We arrived at noon and they were swamped but, they made it look so easy to take care of everyone without so much as a hiccup.  Oh, and did I mention the food was wonderful.  The head boss even took time to help me pick out a nice wine to go with the pizza.  

We did run into Jan Swartz at the International cafe in the morning.  She is very genuine and took the time to talk with guests and even allow a photo.  The staff really seems to just love her,  shortly afterwards, the Captain came through the piazza and also took time to talk to the guests. I know these are both extremely busy people but they seem to genuinely care that everyone is having a wonderful cruise.  All the officers staff have engaged in conversations or helping guests with finding a particular location, etc. 

The feel onboard is that of helpfulness, gratitude and appreciation!  
Alaska is such a special place and it’s rather sad to see the devastation caused by CoVid but also encouraging that the ship’s returns will help their local economy.  

Tonight’s magician / comedian was fantastic.  One thing I did notice is that this was the first time we saw the staff checking for reservations when entering the theater for the show.  It wasn’t a completely booked show either.  This may have to go into effect when they begin filling the ships to capacity, which may happen before the end of the Alaska season, form what I’ve heard.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

To those on board right now—- loving all the Positive comments & updates Princess is finally getting!!!

Can someone on-board comment on their experience / numbers allowed in shops, & out on Princess excursions?

If you have the Premium Plus package is your drink delivery to your cabin included or is there  a charge for it, like it says on Princess website? ( I was confused at an earlier post). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dog said:

If you have the Premium Plus package is your drink delivery to your cabin included or is there  a charge for it, like it says on Princess website? ( I was confused at an earlier post). 

I am generally confused with this - given drink delivery is to you, wherever you are, does the charge suddenly change when you move from poolside to your room? Do you get charged if you're in the corridor outside your room?

If there is somewhere where the ins and outs of how PBP and OceanNow interact, please do redirect me there - I can't find the info anywhere!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KonaDave said:

Where is the best place to view the Glaciers  on the ship. Not many outside areas where you can see 360 degrees. What are your suggestions. For inside and outside viewing. 

See the source image

What a spectacular photo ! ! ! WOW nice job!  Alaska truly is a photographers dream.  I think a great spot for catching both sides of the ship would be all the way aft behind the buffet the Wake View bar!

Edited by SeaTacMike
  • Like 1

Thank you ALL for taking the time to post. Unfortunately we do not have any cruises planned. ( I keep dropping hints for New England next year)

I am telling myself that I am starting to do the research by following this thread. ( and put me firmly in the camp that absolutely loathes the Baked Alaska parade) Travel Safe!

1 hour ago, ChiefBaker said:

Perryville AK 8.2 earthquake this morning early. Any action taken?

The epicenter 65 miles SE of Perryville is about 1,000 miles from the ship. Tsunami warnings have been lifted. I doubt the ship needs to do anything other than monitor. Thank goodness! 

• Like 2

A huge THANK YOU to those who are taking their vacation time to post on this "LIVE" thread so we can get some idea of how our upcoming cruises will go!!! I've skimmed through the 41 pages so far and maybe I missed it --- if so, I apologize...This is our first Alaskan cruise and I've heard that formal night isn't very "formal" for these cruises. Can anyone help a girl out and let me know what I should pack? I usually enjoy dressing up but I don't want to be overdressed nor underdressed. Pics would be great, but general descriptions of what the evening attire represented would be much appreciated.  TIA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Tonight’s magician / comedian was fantastic.  One thing I did notice is that this was the first time we saw the staff checking for reservations when entering the theater for the show.  It wasn’t a completely booked show either.  This may have to go into effect when they begin filling the ships to capacity, which may happen before the end of the Alaska season, form what I’ve heard.  

Thanks for the update. Glad you're having a wonderful cruise. 

Regarding the show last night, were they at 7PM and 9:15PM? Do you know about tonight's show (times and act)? Trying to adjust dinner reservations accordingly. JourneyView is still not active for the 8/8 cruise.

Thanks,

Kevin & Nan

25 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Thanks for the update. Glad you're having a wonderful cruise. 

Regarding the show last night, were they at 7PM and 9:15PM? Do you know about tonight's show (times and act)? Trying to adjust dinner reservations accordingly. JourneyView is still not active for the 8/8 cruise.

Thanks,

Kevin & Nan

Just a quick observation as I'm on the 8/1 cruise in regards to the journey view. The activities have literally been inputted into the view with activities being added daily a week prior. So for example with today being Thursday, they will input all my Thursday activities for next week in.

Not sure if that's going to do the system on a regular basis, or if they're just doing that temporarily as everyone is learning as they go along with the best way of inputting all these activities or figuring out the activities they will be doing.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is excellent … we go there every day.  
We’ve gotten some really nice wines there including a Jordon Cab and a Rombauer Chardonnay.  The entire staff there is top notch!  

One of our favorite places.  Great to hear it is alive and well.  Enjoy every minute of it folks!

Cheers 🥂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Vines is the new crooners. The qr code menu is missing many prices. They’ve reported the issue so maybe it’ll be fixed for next sailing. But in the meantime here’s the menu. 

77D7AAC8-C7E9-4FD2-AF1D-C4CC8C96C374.jpeg

11D8691B-2F74-4B3C-942E-6C4B8E5ADFB2.jpeg

Would love to see as much of the list as possible, was hoping for more Italian and or French reds...

Thanks all for taking the time to post everything, very helpful!

• Like 4

It's Glacier Bay day for those of you on the ship.  Are the National Park Service Rangers still coming onboard to narrate and to sell books etc. or has that been nixed by Covid?  Enjoy your day all - I can't wait until we are there in two weeks!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It's Glacier Bay day for those of you on the ship.  Are the National Park Service Rangers still coming onboard to narrate and to sell books etc. or has that been nixed by Covid?  Enjoy your day all - I can't wait until we are there in two weeks!

According to my journey view for the next sailing leaving this weekend ... the rangers are indeed going to be onboard narrating giving lectures and will be in the Hollywood conservatory as their ranger station for those who have questions.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

One of the problems with the baked Alaska parade in anytime dining is that the timing can be inconvenient. On one cruise, our waiter had just served our entrees when they dimmed the lights to begin the parade. I doubt they would have waited until we finished eating them even if we had asked. 

I would think, that due to Covid, they would eliminate this due to the waving of the napkins.  Personally I do not like everyone waving napkins that have wiped mouths and possible blown noses.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1