July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

Our medallions arrived yesterday for the 8/8 departure.  We didn’t want to wear the lanyards so also ordered 2 fitbit clip holders from Amazon.  Someone posted earlier about them. The medallions fit well in them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KO2T45U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am wondering now if they will be a bit inconvenient since it appears we will need to unclip them each time we need to scan the medallion.  Do you think this will be an issue?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

That way people who don't have smart phone, or don't want to hassle of messing with it; still have all their info in their cruise personalizer. 

That would be nice, but the Personalizer no longer allows the user to enter any of that required information. Only the app can be used now. 

3 hours ago, dog said:

Are there any passengers on this sailing right now from Canada? 
if so how smooth did flights, etc go for you?

Curious about this also, we fly out August 7th and the attestation form and test seem pretty straight forward.  Bit worried about the AccessCAN app but did find some videos on YouTube so should be able to figure it out. Fingers crossed lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

You will have me beat by two!  I love the Liddy talks.  I mostly love Puppies in the Piazza.  I guess they aren't doing that this time?  Were there any dog sled excursions offered?

If you ever get the chance, head to Anchorage for the Iditarod "Ceremonial Start" along C Street.  They let you pay a fee and take a ride on a dog sled with one of the mushers.  It's quite awesome! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Our medallions arrived yesterday for the 8/8 departure.  We didn’t want to wear the lanyards so also ordered 2 fitbit clip holders from Amazon.  Someone posted earlier about them. The medallions fit well in them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KO2T45U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am wondering now if they will be a bit inconvenient since it appears we will need to unclip them each time we need to scan the medallion.  Do you think this will be an issue?

Also, off and on the ship.  We bought the bracelets because of that. We just waved the bracelet at them.  They have them on ebay and Amazon…3 for $4.99. 
Zipband for fitbit.  Did not want to take off the necklace holder and don’t like for them to touch it, like when you go for a specialty coffee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153405270241?epid=2255451490&hash=item23b7aaa8e1:g:c5sAAOSw2hhcgAl~

Here’s one of the ads.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

I went back and see it.  Ohh happy days..  Have a case at the house currently...  Thanks for pointing it out and thanks again to Havedogwilltravel...  

Ohh and Havedogwilltravel try that Spellbound if you have not had it before...

Cheers

The Spellbound Petite Sirah (a Michael Mondavi family winery) was the red wine served during our November 2019 Sky Princess Michael Mondavi Winemakers Dinner…$40/pp for great service, food & wines in one of the midship MDR’s Wine Cellars. 🍷

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

If you ever get the chance, head to Anchorage for the Iditarod "Ceremonial Start" along C Street.  They let you pay a fee and take a ride on a dog sled with one of the mushers.  It's quite awesome! 

In the past this has been done by auction and can end up being thousands of dollars for that 11 minute ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farsight said:

I have the Princess Plus package, however I do not drink alcohol.  Has anyone ordered mocktails? Do they have a good selection? Especially, lower calorie ones. :classic_biggrin:

I have not done it with the Plus package, but I'd assume it would be the same.  They do have specific mocktails on the menu, but you can also just ask for anything you like in virgin style.  For example, just ask for a virgin Pina Colada or a virgin frozen strawberry Margaretta   . Anything you see on the cocktail menu could be done as a mocktail I believe. 

Edited by RRFan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

The Spellbound Petite Sirah was the red wine served during our November 2019 Sky Princess Winemakers Dinner…$40/pp for great service, food & wines in one of the midship MDR’s Wine Cellars. 🍷

This is a dinner I so very much wish to attend. I hope that we will have that opportunity and will need to learn about the way to book it. I also wold love to attend the Tuscan Dinner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nini said:

This is a dinner I so very much wish to attend. I hope that we will have that opportunity and will need to learn about the way to book it. I also wold love to attend the Tuscan Dinner.

I’ve been able to attend them on all of my Royal-Class ships cruises by calling the DINE line ASAP because like the Chef’s Table it’s limited to 12 per meal & is also not available on every night. There are 3 menus however each time it’s been the Mondavi menu which they said is the most popular menu for passengers.

I’ve read posts that it can also be requested at the PSD or through a head waiter. Once someone on our roll call organized 2 groups & requested it through the Maître d’ onboard which was successful. 😋🍷

We enjoyed a ST tasting with snacks & hope to try the dinner version in the future.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

When you have the PBP, aren't the bottles of wines available for a 20% discount?

Thanks for looking into this - didn't see anyone else post this question YET!

The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

FOUND my own answer - pasted here from the website.

For Have Dog and others - have you purchased any bottles?

Thanks for ALL the research. 

• Like 2

In the past, the percentage off bottles of wine was capped at a certain price.  Glad to see the current wording.

Really enjoying learning about how things are going on board.  For those on board, thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

The webcam in Ketchikan looks like the Majestic is docked as far away as I've ever seen - out past the tunnel.  Anyone know why when there are no other ships there today?

Is there a shuttle to the downtown area?  Wouldn't you have to walk through the tunnel to get to town?

Edited by Mary Ann 2

29 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

In the past, the percentage off bottles of wine was capped at a certain price.  Glad to see the current wording.

Really enjoying learning about how things are going on board.  For those on board, thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I believe it is for all wines under $100

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

I have not done it with the Plus package, but I'd assume it would be the same.  They do have specific mocktails on the menu, but you can also just ask for anything you like in virgin style.  For example, just ask for a virgin Pina Colada or a virgin frozen strawberry Margaretta   . Anything you see on the cocktail menu could be done as a mocktail I believe. 

If you order a virgin martini do they hand you an olive soaked in vermouth?  Just for grins

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre-cruise:

o Accept the passage contract

o Enter in passport information

o Enter credit card information

o Enter emergency contact information

o Enter in required medical information

o Select or learn about your arrival time to check in for cruise

Some of these items really should not wait until check-in time at the terminal to input to Princess. Wrong time to find out the info you bring to the terminal does not meet all they need and thus be denied boarding with no refund.

Can't this be done on the website before leaving home?

5 minutes ago, CSloan said:

Can't this be done on the website before leaving home?

No, the Cruise Personalizer online at Princess.com no longer has places to enter all this information.  This is all that is on the Check-In page now:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 3.38.50 PM.png

and the guest information is only your name!

Edited by Mary Ann 2

3 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

No, the Cruise Personalizer online at Princess.com no longer has places to enter all this information.  This is all that is on the Check-In page now:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 3.38.50 PM.png

Interesting, thanks!

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you order a virgin martini do they hand you an olive soaked in vermouth?  Just for grins

A virgin Martini is a glass of olives.

Vermouth is fortified with additional alcohol (usually grape brandy), meaning they're higher proof than most wines, but nevertheless they are still moderately low-proof, about 15–18% alcohol by volume.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Steelers36

Well let’s see if these post. The connection seems good right now. 
And on an aside the lobster tonight was excellent. 

E18BF3E0-EDC3-4E88-9015-7D18848E3DC5.jpeg

9C060E63-77D5-4F17-B3DE-BC35F4B345A6.jpeg

D14A429A-A337-46C2-B7E3-FA87A195AB78.jpeg

967248EB-4135-427A-9BB1-C347EE09DB3F.jpeg

D74F0617-D880-473E-A424-7EF14092A092.jpeg

5358C196-D2E9-4D5E-9376-66A4E77953D7.jpeg

729D86FD-613F-47A8-91BA-9C5630893F66.jpeg

CE832D1E-2BBC-4257-B660-AB34F86E66C0.jpeg

12837DA0-37FE-4A32-87F7-CC9DE90CF30F.jpeg

D9A47AF1-FBBB-44F1-B44E-8A37CEE86676.jpeg

CAA52F48-8CDA-4302-8B64-8F40B0949230.jpeg

75C799F0-D18E-423E-B316-B0E635FAEB8E.jpeg

D877D721-913C-4A76-AACC-6BDB633CE1B9.jpeg

A29DD401-866D-4A2E-AFD4-D22FFD86A831.jpeg

C01A5762-7D2A-4EDB-9D42-7FC954B4F4F4.jpeg

Looks like a great assortment, both by the bottle and by the glass 🙂

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Wow, I am loving this thread, living vicariously thru you guys!

We really appreciated seeing the Author of "A Wolf Called Romeo".   So great!

It is amazing to hear that more of the North to Alaska programs seem to be onboard for EACH sailing!

And, yes, a bit off topic...  But I was also posting how the Majestic is the one ship that does not have the Sanctuary, but the open access adult area.   I had even included links to a couple of good videos for newbies, one with the Sanctuary on the Sky Princess.

But, looks like that didn't go thru!!!

We're ecstatic that they left the Hollywood Conservatory as a non-charge adults only area! Some may miss the Sanctuary, but the Majestic isn't a cookie-cutter Royal Class, and we appreciate her differences 🙂  Can't wait to try her in March🥂

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The webcam in Ketchikan looks like the Majestic is docked as far away as I've ever seen - out past the tunnel.  Anyone know why when there are no other ships there today?

Is there a shuttle to the downtown area?  Wouldn't you have to walk through the tunnel to get to town?

actually it looks like they're docked down by the harbor, and visitor center.  I'd love to be docked there rather than closer to the tunnel (where my ships usually docks) lol

• Like 1