Marella excursions

We are currently booked on Explorer 2, considering excursions in Holyhead and Dundee does anyone know their onboard cancellation terms I.e if we cancelled 2 or 3 days before would we be charged the full amount?

Again the same questions for October on the explorer. Even if they are still running with reduced capacity will the only way to get off the ship be going and staying with an organised tour.

Unless things change

In line with current guidance, you may only go ashore as part of a Marella Cruises excursion, for all cruises departing from the UK. You can book shore excursions for an extra charge, either before your cruise, or when you’re onboard via the Destination Services desk or our Navigate app.

And just where though C

Restrictions up our way are different from down your way.Bungling Boris has  opened up virtually everything  where at the mo we are still in the tier systems .

Currently we are all in level 0 or as some see it level 0.5 as there are tweaks which Nicola loves to make 

Due to come out of the tier system and back to the so called normal on 9th August.

Am I convinced?Not really

Hi Jim

Yes, two things will be interesting. (1) The FCO has to change its guidance on cruising ex-uk or you won;t be able to go anyway I think. (2) Does Marella/Tui base any changes on the rules at that point in say England (where most of the customers would fly from I would guess) or not.

3 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

That Gov Guidance was printed last March. A Lot has changed since then. Unless I've read it wrong.

They’ve not been updated recently but still stand as nothing has changed relating to international cruise travel.

There are separate regulations regarding U.K. only cruises, these were updated on 19th July in line with other guidelines.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

May have something to do with latest covid cases in Spain. Some news agencies saying that Spain and Greece going on amber plus list. We’ve cancelled our winter Motorhome trip to Spain in October for next spring. Also swapped Caribbean and Cuba cruise in January as most places on red list. I feel not many European cruises going ahead for ages but we’re see.

So it looks like cruise may go ahead. I've checked out a few tours in each of the ports of call. Very strange if it stays the same that you can't go ashore unless on organised tour. Bizarrely several tours are on your own or you will have free time on tour to explore. Question has to be if its safe to go off on your own on a ship tour why can't you go ashore under your own steam.

• 2 weeks later...

Really hope the rules change re Marella allowing passengers ashore on their own. It`s always been part of our cruise experience to go a wander on our own and not sure if I want to choose between staying onboard for a week rather than being held to ransom my Marella excursions team !

I understand that they are probably adhering to rules laid down which they must follow but they`re not exactly shouting it out loud. It`s, for us, the difference between going or cancelling right now. If anyone hears anything please post here. Thanks.

Yes, seen a post yesterday. You can ashore alone if double vaccinated . however under 17's cannot unless part of a ship tour. bizarre as we are due on the explorer 1 9th Oct for two weeks with an under 17 year old. Several off the tours over the two weeks have explore on your own as part of them.  So its okay to explore ashore with your under 17 year old if you've paid Marella for a tour.

I don't see going based upon above. Also if you search options ex Scotland in October now only ex 2 available . It also looks like the EDI 9th Oct flight with TUI is no longer going and if you are going a land based Majorca holiday that day and searching ex EDI it comes up its an Easyjet flight.