Panic over uploading covid vaccine cards....

Shippy

This might seem very mundane to some but we are old and VERY technically challenged.

I just spoke to MSC on another matter, after waiting on hold for an hour, and they also explained what happens closer to boarding date.

Apparently they will email us 48 hours before sailing & we will have to upload (?) are covid vaccine cards then.

We will also have to bring them to the port & take a rapid antigen test.

I am worried about the test because I know you can have false positives but my husband is more worried about how we would upload the cards. We are going into Miami 2 days later so will not have access to our home computer.

Any ideas ???

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

but my husband is more worried about how we would upload the cards. We are going into Miami 2 days later so will not have access to our home computer

A very legitimate concern if for no other reason that I would leave for a Florida port well before 2 days before sailing.  And, I am not lugging my computer or printer with me!  One more "issue" that tells me I am not cruising in the near future with such requirements.  

Good wishes that you will be able to do so without excess stress!

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

This might seem very mundane to some but we are old and VERY technically challenged.

I just spoke to MSC on another matter, after waiting on hold for an hour, and they also explained what happens closer to boarding date.

Apparently they will email us 48 hours before sailing & we will have to upload (?) are covid vaccine cards then.

We will also have to bring them to the port & take a rapid antigen test.

I am worried about the test because I know you can have false positives but my husband is more worried about how we would upload the cards. We are going into Miami 2 days later so will not have access to our home computer.

Any ideas ???

Do you have a smart phone? you can usually upload pictures from your smart phone. Or if you are staying at a hotel many still have business centers where you can access a computer and upload a picture that way. 

• Like 1

US protocols may differ, but for the UK Virtuosa sailing I did, they were also checking paper versions of that at the port. I doubt they would turn you away if you had the proof to hand to show them at check in. 

They'd also asked everyone to upload a photo to the app beforehand, but were redoing it for everyone that I saw, so while early online submission may be easier for them in some things, they still rely on manual checking at the port. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 1

Shippy,

do you have a family member who is tech savvy and could do it for you?

You could provide them pictures of (or the opportunity to take photos) the cards weeks before your cruise. Also provide your MSC login. Then once you get the email notification, forward that email to them.

easy peasy

In my case, when I log on to my medical provider's website, I am able to click on the card to download it.  But as others mentioned, I've also taken photos of the front and back of my physical cards and saved the photos to favorite.  On Apple, you click on the heart symbol on the photo itself and that adds it to favorites.  Then to retrieve, visit photos and go to the favorites folder.

Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions.

I wound up taking a picture of both cards on my Ipad mini.

They are safely stored there & i can attach them to the email when I get it.

This works out great for me because I find the phone a bit small for me to do anything on.

• Like 5