Symphony of the Seas vs. Oasis of the Seas

Music Hall is a redesign/re-theming of the Dazzles space. So, it's similar to the Music Hall on the Quantum class, but shaped like Dazzles on the other Oasis ships. They did add a second bar upstairs in the refit, though, which is nice.  

18 hours ago, Oxo said:

No, they should not. If you are using a TA, let them take charge and get it done. I assume that you made just a down payment. Have you made a Final Payment? 

What are the dates? 

SOS - June 11th - I like to book my own cruise so I have control 🙂

23 minutes ago, hollon said:

SOS - June 11th - I like to book my own cruise so I have control 🙂

I have used a TA for over 125 cruIses. Never lost control of my cruises. What control are you thinking that you may lose control over if you use a TA?

Thanks everyone for the responses. I suspected most would go with Oasis, but it seems ALL would. Gonna check with the family and make the decision that works best with schedules, not worry about which ship. 

That being said.. I too, cringe at the thought of CATS. 🤮 

1 hour ago, mcello77 said:

Thanks everyone for the responses. I suspected most would go with Oasis, but it seems ALL would. Gonna check with the family and make the decision that works best with schedules, not worry about which ship. 

That being said.. I too, cringe at the thought of CATS. 🤮 

You have another choice to make. If you choose Oasis, then you have to choose whether to:

1.go

2. sit through CATS

3. leave when you want. 

Big decisions to make. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You have another choice to make. If you choose Oasis, then you have to choose whether to:

1.go

2. sit through CATS

3. leave when you want. 

Big decisions to make. 

Please sit in back, it's very rude to leave a performance 

29 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Please sit in back, it's very rude to leave a performance 

Yes, I agree. However, when we were in the show we could not believe how many people, regardless of where they sat, left. The show is tooooooooooooooooo looooooooomg. 

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, I agree. However, when we were in the show we could not believe how many people, regardless of where they sat, left. The show is tooooooooooooooooo looooooooomg. 

Its only 90 minutes now, no more intermission either

12 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Its only 90 minutes now, no more intermission either

Thanks,  wasn't aware they reduced the time. Some may find that long. However, they have a choice. 

9 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Mama Mia is 2 hours 30 minutes

That is tooooo long. Love the movies, songs and part of this on board production. Few people stayed for the total production.

47 minutes ago, Oxo said:

That is tooooo long. Love the movies, songs and part of this on board production. Few people stayed for the total production.

Honestly, everyone stays. The end is awesome 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Another big plus for Oasis, if you need a great nap, is that Oasis has CATS.

Is CATS still the show even after it's amplification? I've been hoping they would have updated it by now.... anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought - when you’re looking at the cost of the ships, don’t forget to look at the costs of transportation, taxis/Ubers and hotels. I thought Symphony was out of Florida, and the Oasis is out of NJ (that I know - I’m counting down!).  The cost of getting there and back might eat into the discount. (I saw Cats when it was on tour…I enjoyed listening to the album much more. Had to leave early because my daughter who was little at the time, started feeling ill. I love Broadway plays but was happy to take her home!)

On 7/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, cooncat_mom said:

Just a thought - when you’re looking at the cost of the ships, don’t forget to look at the costs of transportation, taxis/Ubers and hotels. I thought Symphony was out of Florida, and the Oasis is out of NJ (that I know - I’m counting down!).  The cost of getting there and back might eat into the discount.

What is the cost of Taxi/Uber from each Air Port to Port and back? Never use Cruise Lines Transfers unless overseas and it is cost effective.