I am so frustrated!!! I swear I'm s US Citizen

Ombud

I've been battling with the app insisting I need a visa.  Now I get an email that says:

20210721_210923.jpg.e8df89b58ab41ca6a6540e638c45e925.jpg

I submitted my California State covid vax verif, my CDC card, and my medical records. I have a US passport. I can't get a visa to visit USA and the NHS app per Google Play is for UK. 

I SWEAR I'M A YANKEE!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've been battling with the app insisting I need a visa.  Now I get an email that says:

I submitted my California State covid vax verif, my CDC card, and my medical records. I have a US passport. I can't get a visa to visit USA and the NHS app per Google Play is for UK. 

I SWEAR I'M A YANKEE!!

Got the same email re the 8/1 cruise.   Haven't been asked for a visa yet.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I SWEAR I'M A YANKEE!!

Ombud, where do we get CA State Covid vax verif?  What is the difference between that and a CDC card?  Good luck with the App!

7 minutes ago, jpasqu1 said:

Got the same email re the 8/1 cruise.   Haven't been asked for a visa yet.  

I just sent it to my PVP. This is the height of stupidity. Californian's don't get visas for USA & NHS doesn't have my medical records. 

I think I'll pack my certified birth certificate so they can see I was born in SF. I shouldn't have to but some things can only be resolved in person. I've also sent a copy of that to my PVP. DONE ✔ 

Just checked.  No longer Green. I'll see them @ terminal

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I got mine from https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

I had J&J so fully vaxed with 1 dose

My record there only has my first Moderna shot.  I've been trying to fix it for 2 months.

I just checked again, now it has my second shot as my first shot, and no second.  My county has uses mychart.  At least that has both.

Edited by abbydancer

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

I SWEAR I'M A YANKEE!!

No need to fret. It's just an automated email that just goes out regardless to everyone. Just breathe and count down the days till your cruise. You are sailing will be here sooner than you know it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

I think I'll pack my certified birth certificate so they can see I was born in SF. I shouldn't have to but some things can only be resolved in person. I've also sent a copy of that to my PVP. DONE ✔ 

As long as you have your U.S. Passport with you, that's the best and all the proof of citizenship you need.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

As long as you have your U.S. Passport with you, that's the best and all the proof of citizenship you need.

Should be, but you never know when it comes to anything that interacts with the IT department of Princess.🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

I guess you have not read the latest news that much of California including San Francisco has seceded from the US.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Most of it was stuff we already know like use the MedallionClass app, complete check-in, bring proof of vaccination, choose arrival time on app or use a table they send with boarding based on what floor your cabin is on.  But what is this?

334846255_ScreenShot2021-07-22at8_54_52AM.png.89992527d0b28fa6f93029a43b9e4412.png

Is this for cruises in England??  

Edited by Mary Ann 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

I also received the same email, and had installed NHS, but something holding me back from entering my birthdate at registration.  I know nothing about this NHS app how and where they store data, and I never like the idea of using DOB as a login criteria. First, the MC, now NHS.  I stopped there and did not proceed further.  

You deserve to be on Green if that was what you had before this NHS app.  If I was me, I would take it up again to make it Green.  Or walk straight to the Green line at check in. 

Edited by CeCe_
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

I also received the same email, and had installed NHS, but something holding me back from entering my birthdate at registration.  I know nothing about this NHS app how and where they store data, and I never like the idea of using DOB as a login criteria. First, the MC, now NHS.  I stopped there and did not proceed further.  

You deserve to be on Green if that was what you had before this NHS app.  If I was me, I would take it up again to make it Green.  Or walk straight to the Green line at check in. 

NHS is is for UK residents.  You don’t need the app.  Apparently the email was sent out to everyone not just those in the UK

• Like 2

Just now, t&atravel said:

NHS is is for UK residents.  You don’t need the app.  Apparently the email was sent out to everyone not just those in the UK

Yes, I found out later it is for UK only.  Thanks though.

Yes, I think someone at Princess screwed up and they sent the same thing they sent to UK residents for the cruise staycations to everyone on the Alaska cruise too.  And there won't be any UK residents on the latter unless they are staff / crew.  There isn't a universal app that can be used for those of us in the USA so I'm not sure what they might want us to do unless they reenable the uploading of the CDC cards to the MedallionApp.  Hoping we get a corrected notice with the right instructions.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

My husband joked that he didn't think the National Honor Society would have an app for vaccinations.  Maybe he could bring his NHS pin from High School?? 🤣

i'm guessing the 'beta' club version of the app is what Princess is using