I am so frustrated!!! I swear I'm s US Citizen

Ombud

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Most of it was stuff we already know like use the MedallionClass app, complete check-in, bring proof of vaccination, choose arrival time on app or use a table they send with boarding based on what floor your cabin is on.  But what is this?

334846255_ScreenShot2021-07-22at8_54_52AM.png.89992527d0b28fa6f93029a43b9e4412.png

Is this for cruises in England??  

I received this from my Princess Cruise Vacation Planner this morning:

‘If you received an email about downloading the NHS app please disregard it. That app is for UK residents.”

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

I got mine from https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

20210721_213409.jpg

I had J&J so fully vaxed with 1 dose

Ombud:

Just curious. I went to this website so I could have a copy of my vaccination card on my phone. Once it provided the info I didn't know what to do with it. I want it easily accessible on my phone but there was no option to "save". I ended up taking a screenshot of it. What else can you do to "save" this info to your phone?

I wish they would make these things more user friendly.

8 minutes ago, adstz said:

Ombud:

Just curious. I went to this website so I could have a copy of my vaccination card on my phone. Once it provided the info I didn't know what to do with it. I want it easily accessible on my phone but there was no option to "save". I ended up taking a screenshot of it. What else can you do to "save" this info to your phone?

I did a screenshot. It's saved in Gallery on my phone. I also printed copies.

@adstzi also did a screenshot & will print it out when I print out my door sign (lost computer / printer to homeschooled kids)

PVP M states as noted above: "Please ignore that part.   I'm sure it was only meant for those sailing to the UK for the Summer sailings For UK residents only.   It mistakenly got included for those of you sailing to Alaska."

However she also suggested that I just bring my Passport and check in as requested (blue lane). It should be quick with my time being so early (11:30-11:45). The times on the flyer are for those who don't get an arrival time via MC. At this point I don't have anything to worry about with the app or odd emails from Princess. 

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, I think someone at Princess screwed up and they sent the same thing they sent to UK residents for the cruise staycations to everyone on the Alaska cruise too.  And there won't be any UK residents on the latter unless they are staff / crew.  There isn't a universal app that can be used for those of us in the USA so I'm not sure what they might want us to do unless they reenable the uploading of the CDC cards to the MedallionApp.  Hoping we get a corrected notice with the right instructions.

Yes, definitely a screw up to send it to US citizens!

I don't understand why I uploaded our vaccination cards and now there is no sign of them.  DH thinks maybe someone decided it wasn't secure enough?  Or HIPAA rules prevented it?  Or they were afraid that people might think that meant that they didn't have to bring them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I guess you have not read the latest news that much of California including San Francisco has seceded from the US.🤣

Actually there was a petition to vote for that ---- maybe the rest of the US got tired of our constant ballot measures that were later determined illegal and kicked us out???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Actually there was a petition to vote for that ---- maybe the rest of the US got tired of our constant ballot measures that were later determined illegal and kicked us out???

Was the petition for just San Francisco or the entire state of California?

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Was the petition for just San Francisco or the entire state of California?

I think it was part of split California in 2 or 3 and might have just been my zone. Did we accomplish that and no one tell us ? (OK. Can laugh about it during the light of day)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Yes, definitely a screw up to send it to US citizens!

I don't understand why I uploaded our vaccination cards and now there is no sign of them.  DH thinks maybe someone decided it wasn't secure enough?  Or HIPAA rules prevented it?  Or they were afraid that people might think that meant that they didn't have to bring them?

It definitely has nothing to do with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).

Having spent most of my law federal law enforcement career conducting health care fraud investigations there is much confusion about the HIPAA privacy rules which provide protections for your individually identifiable health information that is held by “health care providers and health plans and their business associates.”  The HIPAA privacy rules set forth how and with whom your health information can be shared with and it basically prohibits anyone in the health care industry from releasing your medical information without your permission (except for specific circumstances when they can disclose it to law enforcement without your consent).

It is not a violation of HIPAA for a private entity like a cruise line to ask you to provide proof that you received a COVID19 vaccine.

• Like 2

There is NO WAY I would want to check in going by what deck I happened to book and get shafted from an early check-in.  What a mess.  It's just arbitrary and people aren't ready to board early or late by what deck they happened to book on.  

9 hours ago, abbydancer said:

My record there only has my first Moderna shot.  I've been trying to fix it for 2 months.

I just checked again, now it has my second shot as my first shot, and no second.  My county has uses mychart.  At least that has both.

Go here: https://chat.myturn.ca.gov/?id=17

Use the virtual assistant to resolve your issue. You are offered the choice of "my information is incomplete" or "my information is missing". Mine was totally missing ant this site fixed the issue for me. I now have my electronic verification.

Take a picture of your drivers license and one of your vaccination card. Answer the questions in the Virtual Assistant and upload your photos. It takes 2-3 weeks but it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adstz said:

Ombud:

I agree there should be a "SAVE" button or something. I saved the QR Code as a picture. That "should" be all that is needed. However, I also saved a screen shot with the code and the printed info. I then opened the page on my laptop, used the "snip" feature in Windows 10 to copy the page, put it into a Word document and then saved it as a PDF. I sent that to myself via email and have it saved on my phone as well. Overkill but what the heck.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Go here: https://chat.myturn.ca.gov/?id=17

Use the virtual assistant to resolve your issue. You are offered the choice of "my information is incomplete" or "my information is missing". Mine was totally missing ant this site fixed the issue for me. I now have my electronic verification.

Take a picture of your drivers license and one of your vaccination card. Answer the questions in the Virtual Assistant and upload your photos. It takes 2-3 weeks but it works.

Done that 3 times now.  Maybe I'll get a text saying they fixed it, and maybe they actually will.  Thanks though.

26 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Done that 3 times now.  Maybe I'll get a text saying they fixed it, and maybe they actually will.  Thanks though.

Ummm... It specifically says you only have to do it once. It seemed like forever to me but was actually only about 3 weeks. I got a text saying they had updated my information. Since it was a text, when I tried again I used my phone number. Nope. I got the same old immediate reply that it didn't work. Sooo... I tried my email (which had also repeatedly bombed out) and it worked great.

I wasn't convinced it would actually work so hadn't submitted my wife's info but, now that I know it can work I've submitted copies of her stuff as well and we will wait again.

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ummm... It specifically says you only have to do it once. It seemed like forever to me but was actually only about 3 weeks. I got a text saying they had updated my information. Since it was a text, when I tried again I used my phone number. Nope. I got the same old immediate reply that it didn't work. Sooo... I tried my email (which had also repeatedly bombed out) and it worked great.

First time I submitted the troubleshooting ticket, it didn't have me upload my stuff.  Then, a week or so later I got a text that it was fixed.  It wasn't.  So, I waited another two weeks and tried again.  Still broken.  New ticket, and uploaded everything.  I guess I'll wait until I get a text telling me it's fixed.

46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I agree there should be a "SAVE" button or something. I saved the QR Code as a picture. That "should" be all that is needed. However, I also saved a screen shot with the code and the printed info. I then opened the page on my laptop, used the "snip" feature in Windows 10 to copy the page, put it into a Word document and then saved it as a PDF. I sent that to myself via email and have it saved on my phone as well. Overkill but what the heck.

In FireFox I used the print to PDF functionality to save the web page to a PDF and then sent the PDF to my mobile phone. I also printed paper copies of the page.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

There is NO WAY I would want to check in going by what deck I happened to book and get shafted from an early check-in.  What a mess.  It's just arbitrary and people aren't ready to board early or late by what deck they happened to book on.  

Well if the app does not work correctly on your device the you really don't have an option do you ?

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Well if the app does not work correctly on your device the you really don't have an option do you ?

Show up at the beginning and tell them App not working.  Called Princess and they couldn't get me working or in an Arrival Group.

Correction issued. Guess I'll try to get my passport to stick or call that # cruzsnooze posted. Maybe I can get the Green Lane back. But only giving it 1 more try ~~~~ enough others keep banging their head against the wall that the Blue Lane will be fast at 11:30

Screenshot_20210722-120553_Gmail.thumb.jpg.0126631fe9d7866e26c5859716042428.jpg

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

It definitely has nothing to do with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).

Having spent most of my law federal law enforcement career conducting health care fraud investigations there is much confusion about the HIPAA privacy rules which provide protections for your individually identifiable health information that is held by “health care providers and health plans and their business associates.”  The HIPAA privacy rules set forth how and with whom your health information can be shared with and it basically prohibits anyone in the health care industry from releasing your medical information without your permission (except for specific circumstances when they can disclose it to law enforcement without your consent).

It is not a violation of HIPAA for a private entity like a cruise line to ask you to provide proof that you received a COVID19 vaccine.

And it would not also be a violation for them to ask you to grant permission from your provider to release that information to them.

• Like 1