specialty restaurant reservations

rln44

1 hour ago, nikless said:

Now I'm waiting for the date when check- in is available.  The site said 21 days prior...

I have not seen that before   this must be new

Just make sure all  your  personal info is correct  passport info  etc..

You usually get a final email about 2-3 wks prior to embarkation  print that off to take to the port

Some ports will not allow you in without proof that you are on that  sailing

34 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have not seen that before   this must be new

Found in Manage My Bookings:

"Online Check-in is available 21 days prior to embarkation. Please complete your Guest Registration Form, including the passport information for each guest, to activate the online check-in features. All it takes is a few easy steps – and you’ll make your way from the cruise terminal to your stateroom or suite in just a few minutes. We've prepared a quick and informative step-by-step guide to assist you, which can be found here." 

Our window should open Monday for the Riviera sailing.  Maybe then we will know if the EU is going to have any further impacts on our itineraries. Talking to our guide in Turkey, they are anxious to have us arrive and be able to share their country with us. Oh yes, and help their economy and all the businesses that rely on tourism. They are hurting!

Mauibabes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Found in Manage My Bookings:

"Online Check-in is available 21 days prior to embarkation. Please complete your Guest Registration Form, including the passport information for each guest, to activate the online check-in features. All it takes is a few easy steps – and you’ll make your way from the cruise terminal to your stateroom or suite in just a few minutes. We've prepared a quick and informative step-by-step guide to assist you, which can be found here." 

Thanks

Must be the new covid  embarkation procedure

Here is a new wrinkle for our upcoming cruise.  We are on a 24-day "extended journey" (pinot or flatbush insert correct terminology here).  The first leg will be with friends, the second segment with family.  Is it possible to book specialties and invite our acquaintances  from separate cruises?  We have not had this situation before.

Katie

3 hours ago, nikless said:

The Specialty restaurants opened up for us today...I was on at midnite (after a few glasses of wine) and was able to secure 7 of the 8 reservations we were allowed, with our traveling partners....not sure why it would not allow me to book the 8th-it said "invited guests had reached the limit for this restaurant", which was incorrect.  I have an email to my O agent to try and sort it out.

Now I'm waiting for the date when check- in is available.  The site said 21 days prior...

When is your sail date?

1 hour ago, KatieBelle said:

Here is a new wrinkle for our upcoming cruise.  We are on a 24-day "extended journey" (pinot or flatbush insert correct terminology here).  The first leg will be with friends, the second segment with family.  Is it possible to book specialties and invite our acquaintances  from separate cruises?  We have not had this situation before.

Katie

Katie;

I believe the current rules for extended journey/ grand voyage are:

1. Pursuant to your cabin class, you’ll be allowed a certain number of early reservations for your entire 24 day cruise.

2. If/When you are authorized multiple reservations in each restaurant, the reservation system will require you to spread those reservations out across the entire cruise.

3. Therefore, based upon the number of reservations you have in each half of your total cruise, you can invite who you like ( with their booking number) for that portion of the cruise.

A btb cruise does not generate two (2) sets of reservations. One does not get a new allowance of reservations for each segment . The number of reservations allowed are set by total cruise length and cabin categories.

Hope that explains it.

Edited by pinotlover

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Katie;

I believe the current rules for extended journey/ grand voyage is:

1. Pursuant to your cabin class, you’ll be allowed a certain number of early reservations for your entire cruise.

2. If/When you are authorized multiple reservations in each restaurant, the reservation system will require you to spread those reservations out across the entire cruise.

3. Therefore, based upon the number of reservations you have in each half of your total cruise, you can invite who you like ( with their booking number) for that portion of the cruise.

A btb cruise does not generate two (2) sets of reservations. One does not get a new allowance of reservations for each segment . The number of reservations allowed are set by total cruise length and cabin categories.

Hope that explains it.

For our 22 day voyage which has two "legs," (Venice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami) but we booked as one cruise (Venice to MIA) we were allowed 2 reservations for each restaurant....BUT...it could only be 4 for the first leg and 4 for the 2nd leg.  And booking a restaurant on the transition day (Barcelona) caused issues in being able to book 2 days for that restaurant.  So we broke it up to be 4 and 4, and nothing on the Barcelona day/evening. 

1 hour ago, nikless said:

For our 22 day voyage which has two "legs," (Venice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami) but we booked as one cruise (Venice to MIA) we were allowed 2 reservations for each restaurant....BUT...it could only be 4 for the first leg and 4 for the 2nd leg.  And booking a restaurant on the transition day (Barcelona) caused issues in being able to book 2 days for that restaurant.  So we broke it up to be 4 and 4, and nothing on the Barcelona day/evening. 

Venice proper seems highly unlikely now.  I am hoping they make Trieste the port now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We started this topic months ago.  Since then apparently due to the uncertainty about Marina's December cruise to South America (fingers crossed) a Oceania suite became available  and we jumped on it.  We can make our specialty restaurant reservations now but our friends in a veranda cabin have to wait until 45 days before sailing.  I tried to add them to our reservations but the system refused so the plan is to make our reservations now and add them to our table within the 45 day period. Also previous comments have suggested that our butler may have some success in adding them to our table beyond their 4 reservation limit.  Also have seen comments that if we order in to our stateroom we can order 4 as opposed to 2 dinners.  We'll see.

11 minutes ago, rln44 said:

Also have seen comments that if we order in to our stateroom we can order 4 as opposed to 2 dinners.  We'll see.

We had dinner for six from two or three of the specialty restaurants served course by course one night in our stateroom.   The butler earned his wings that night.

1 hour ago, rln44 said:

became available  and we jumped on it.  We can make our specialty restaurant reservations now but our friends in a veranda cabin have to wait until 45 days before sailing

I added 2 couples to my specialty reservations inside my window but outside their window for my Dec 3rd cruise. Maybe you should call Oceania

• 1 month later...

We did our FP for our 1/28 cruise so I was able to do our Specialty dining reservations yesterday. Everything seemed pretty much standard practice in making the reservations as in the past, except for one detail. 

That detail is we were allocated on the number of specific time frames we could sign up for . This means that even though 6:30 reservations were available for the evening, we were allocated only one 6:30 slot. With four reservations to make that means that at least one had to be 7:30 or later. After hitting “ confirm reservation “, the system would tell you you already used your allocation of a specific time frame.

With this policy those in lower cabin categories should have a shot also for those 6:30 slots. No longer totally first come first serve.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

That detail is we were allocated on the number of specific time frames we could sign up for . This means that even though 6:30 reservations were available for the evening, we were allocated only one 6:30 slot. With four reservations to make that means that at least one had to be 7:30 or later. After hitting “ confirm reservation “, the system would tell you you already used your allocation of a specific time frame.

And if you booked a 7:30 time slot, was that also a one and done? 

36 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Must be something new as in the past we always booked 6:30 slots for all 4 of the specialties  for 2 tops

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Must be something new as in the past we always booked 6:30 slots for all 4 of the specialties  for 2 tops

So did/could we. Don’t know when this started, but definitely in effect yesterday.

I’m waiting to see how this progresses. We have a 20 day Sirena cruise booked for next Fall we’re we get 3 reservations in each of the two restaurants, so six total. I wonder if some will have to be booked for 8:30 and later? Wait & See I guess.

Edited by pinotlover

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Yes!

Yuck.  I hope you had option for 7 and 8pm  or am I going to have one of my bookings at 9:30pm.  Also what happens if you have 8 reservations in higher categories?  I suspect they will get more flexible options.

Edited by cruisingxpert