LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

Well, just read this entire thread, (after booking the Sept 25th NA sailing!), and it's quite a joy to see the ships in Juneau.  The view looks beautiful, and I'm sure the town will be welcoming.  I fondly remember the San Diego waves...  we lived there at the time.  Lisa, we last crossed paths on the Eurodam in Nov, 2019, and it's so fun to see some familiar names posting here.  Thx for sharing so much information (I laughed at the packing comment... before Covid, I could pack in my sleep, but now?... not so sure!) 😯

Oh, by the way, we'll have the cabin directly above yours, so would appreciate comments on movement, quiet, etc?  Thx!

Edited by julia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lindaler said:

And saw the first passengers to step off the BHB. 

Linda - brings back great memories of our last time in Alaska and you, Chavela, John and I did some geocaching right there at the pier!  😊

Question--is anyone wearing masks onboard as they walk around, like maybe for "their own protection?" idea.  Just curious, or does it feel as though wearing one would be a downer for everyone else, or?  Thank you for the wonderful information.  We so appreciate your help.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, atexsix said:

This is amazing!  Every port needs a camera like this.

They have been around for quite a few year’s. Is this your first time?

Wait to Port Everglades and Carribean seasons gets going.

You could become a Sail Away Addict!😱😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking your time out to post the "Live" thread from one of my favorite spots in the world, Alaska. I have enjoyed reading  your post, and I love your pictures. Take care and enjoy your cruise.

David

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

They have been around for quite a few year’s. Is this your first time?

Wait to Port Everglades and Carribean seasons gets going.

You could become a Sail Away Addict!😱😁

It's the first time I watched them come in, usually they are already there by the time I remember to look.  Or I'm catching them as they are leaving, which isn't a bad thing, at night when all lit up. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, zelker said:

Linda - brings back great memories of our last time in Alaska and you, Chavela, John and I did some geocaching right there at the pier!  😊

Great memories. Just ran across some pictures from that trip. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, tampacruiser said:

How firm are they with the boarding times.  We arrive next Saturday and going to catch a Lyft from SEA but I'm going to be there prior to my 12:40 boarding time?

We are also on this cruise.  We had a 12:40 boarding time and had booked a Holland America transfer from the airport. We arrived at the airport around 9. They put us on a bus and shuttled us to the cruise port by 10. We already had our pictures loaded on the Navigator and had our boarding passes uploaded. We got off the bus by boarding times. We were sent through the 4* & 5* line and we were on the ship and having lunch in the Lido by 11:30.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

We are also on this cruise.  We had a 12:40 boarding time and had booked a Holland America transfer from the airport. We arrived at the airport around 9. They put us on a bus and shuttled us to the cruise port by 10. We already had our pictures loaded on the Navigator and had our boarding passes uploaded. We got off the bus by boarding times. We were sent through the 4* & 5* line and we were on the ship and having lunch in the Lido by 11:30.

Oh this is a great update and great news! Thank you for sharing with us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, julia said:

Well, just read this entire thread, (after booking the Sept 25th NA sailing!), and it's quite a joy to see the ships in Juneau.  The view looks beautiful, and I'm sure the town will be welcoming.  I fondly remember the San Diego waves...  we lived there at the time.  Lisa, we last crossed paths on the Eurodam in Nov, 2019, and it's so fun to see some familiar names posting here.  Thx for sharing so much information (I laughed at the packing comment... before Covid, I could pack in my sleep, but now?... not so sure!) 😯

Oh, by the way, we'll have the cabin directly above yours, so would appreciate comments on movement, quiet, etc?  Thx!

Hi Julia 😃 yes very quiet, I love the aft. It has been perfect viewing location.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

Question--is anyone wearing masks onboard as they walk around, like maybe for "their own protection?" idea.  Just curious, or does it feel as though wearing one would be a downer for everyone else, or?  Thank you for the wonderful information.  We so appreciate your help.

Actually no one is wearing masks, although I saw one elderly person in a wheelchair wearing one so suspect they were being extra careful. Other than boarding we have not had our mask on but we are to wear them in port.

• Like 9

Good Afternoon, it really is a nice day here in Juneau. I had a 75 minute massage at 1:30 that I pre-booked and paid for. The cost was $151.00 but there were select times for the lower price. Then on board they showed the $151 as credit then the spa charged me the $151 plus 18% gratuity after the treatment.

since I had not had lunch I treated myself to a bowl of warm bread pudding to take back to our stateroom.

9AE89023-8609-4F96-B6E5-4534251CBA18.jpeg

• Like 22

2 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

I know that I will be on my September cruise because when I return, I am having surgery.  I can't afford a cold, flu or NORO.  

• Like 4

Tonight we have Tamarind reservations so we actually had not planned to get off the ship today especially since we will be back here in just 6 short weeks. 

I actually spoke with Seth Wayne a couple of times today. He will not be able to make dinner with us tonight but we are now planning Pinnacle lunch tomorrow.

I will get more pictures tonight of Food in the Tamarind. 😊🍣🍱

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Lisa, I hope you have a wonderful evening in Tamarind. Just curious if the sample menu in Navigator matches what is served. It seems to be missing some favorites( giant fortune cookie) and now a surcharge for the wok lobster.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 12:52 AM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

742F08AB-DF07-44A7-947A-0BC3808E2819.jpeg

4BDF705F-5886-4C81-8784-3325D3F2000E.jpeg

6A8AA74E-4704-4CDC-88DC-452F1E8B2BD2.jpeg

AE4FA738-43D3-4493-8C5D-C8C869037E92.jpeg

91C05CCC-67EE-454E-9EC5-857AD89745A3.jpeg

6990F10A-DE25-4EDB-AFD9-52CCF870EB93.jpeg

6DABFF4B-A4C6-4ECC-93A4-316158CE5E87.png

9478C1EC-9DA8-418B-9ACC-619E2B7206E4.jpeg

Enjoying your posts.  Sounds like there are a few kinks to be worked out. I almost cried over the picture of the bread pudding.  My favorite!  I’m also a fan of the Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling.  Do you know if it is covered by the glass with the drink package?  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Lisa, I hope you have a wonderful evening in Tamarind. Just curious if the sample menu in Navigator matches what is served. It seems to be missing some favorites( giant fortune cookie) and now a surcharge for the wok lobster.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

I know, I agree plus there were sushi options in the past. I will let everyone know. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2