Celebrity Edge cabin access

tonylander

We will be sailing on the Edge in October. I have a question about how does one access the cabin... I see that you can use your phone, but I dont want to carry it around with me.. when I board I put everything in the safe and want to enjoy the cruise.  So the question is, do they use a card ot is the a FoB.... I have been on another line that issues a wrist FoB or medallion... what is Edge using.

Thank you,

On boarding day you go directly to your room after checking in.    On the door slot you will find a sealed envelope with your sea passes inside.     You can use them for the remainder of the cruise or if you choose you can use your phone to open your door or control heating, AC, Lights and drapery.   There are also manual controls for all of them.

It's your choice but for us techno nerds that always have a phone strapped to our belt I  love technology.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KonaPoodle said:

Also with regard to the phone, the daily calendar is on there, in the Celebrity app. Are they still distributing a daily newsletter with all the activities or is everything on the app?

Last cruises I was on just before shut down they were still distributing the paper daily but had discontinued the the daily news.  

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last cruises I was on just before shut down they were still distributing the paper daily but had discontinued the the daily news.  

I think any experience pre covid shut down should be considered out if date. 😉

1 hour ago, KonaPoodle said:

Also with regard to the phone, the daily calendar is on there, in the Celebrity app. Are they still distributing a daily newsletter with all the activities or is everything on the app?

Yes. See @graphicguysemi-live review from earlier this month. This was post #122, I think.

566F2E93-8677-40E1-BC85-CFEB0DC605DB.jpeg

• Like 2