Equinox 7/25….welcome back!

Justprettynpink

It is so good to see more and more posts/threads popping up from those on cruises.  Things are gradually returning to the high seas...following and Thank you!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Hi! I hope your cruise is wonderful!  We are booked for the Ultimate Southern Caribbean cruise next month and can't wait to be on board again.  I was wondering if you might be able to post some information on shore excursions.  I received  an E-mail from Celebrity today with an update on health protocols and was a little confused about it.  I called Celebrity and the agent wasn't too informative.

This is a clip from the message.  I wanted to know if they allow you to leave the ship in ports covered by the second bullet point or are you forced to take a tour in order to get off the ship.

image.png.5bb2b02ff258ce7c6e305f5807609a07.png  

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Edited by dglass4321

15 hours ago, dglass4321 said:

This is a clip from the message.  I wanted to know if they allow you to leave the ship in ports covered by the second bullet point or are you forced to take a tour in order to get off the ship.

image.png.5bb2b02ff258ce7c6e305f5807609a07.png  

I’m virtually certain that the purpose of the second bullet point is not to permit guests to leave the ship on their own in those ports. I believe these restrictions are coming from those ports/countries. 

Things may change (either way) by the time of your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m virtually certain that the purpose of the second bullet point is not to permit guests to leave the ship on their own in those ports. I believe these restrictions are coming from those ports/countries. 

I also believe this is the case..

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for the input.  I'm hoping things relax because we prefer to wander instead of taking tours.  If we have to take a tour, we will.  I can't see being in ports and just staying on the ship.  Thanks again for the input.

7 minutes ago, dglass4321 said:

Thanks for the input.  I'm hoping things relax because we prefer to wander instead of taking tours.  If we have to take a tour, we will.  I can't see being in ports and just staying on the ship.  Thanks again for the input.

Ports that I have been to numerous times, the ship is often my happy place.  

• Like 7

I'm happy to see your posts as we are boarding on August 1st. Two questions; I did a B2B on Millennium last month and it did not have the pasta bar open, is it open on Equinox? Also, what is with the wristlets? We did not have them either. TIA

20 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Captains Club happy hour lounge has been discontinued on all ships.  You can get your CC happy hour drinks in most lounges between 5-7 pm.

Thank you. That’s definitely a bummer. We enjoyed the sky lounge conversing with people and the hors d’oeuvres.  Now that drinks are included except for some last minute fares I’ve seen, this really isn’t a benefit anymore. I hope they bring it back by our next sailing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is the Sky Lounge bar open during the "happy hour" drinks time of 5-7, please? We love to have drinks up there, regardless of whether they are "free". 

According to my Celebrity app the Sky Lounge is open every day from 4pm to 2am. If you have either drinks package they are free up to the cost limits of the package. We are on the 8/27 Equinox sailing.

We are on the 8/15 sailing of Equinox.....our first Celebrity sailing.  QUESTIONS:  What are the alternatives for lunch on embarkation day....not Specialty Dining.  Also, is there Prime Rib on the first night like on Royal ships?

Edited by Reijo

24 minutes ago, Reijo said:

We are on the 8/15 sailing of Equinox.....our first Celebrity sailing.  QUESTIONS:  What are the alternatives for lunch on embarkation day....not Specialty Dining.  Also, is there Prime Rib on the first night like on Royal ships?

For lunch there is the Oceanview Café and Mast Grill, as for the Prime Rib, yes. If you download the Celebrity app you can click on dining for each day and check out the menu in the MDR.

Cheers!

Edited by SWFL Cruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Thanks terrydtx I don't have a way to view the app, so appreciate your input. Will you be doing a live review when you sail? You are sailing on my birthday!  We don't go till Sept. 26. 

It is also our 50th anniversary but with 4 sea days I should have time to post live.