Equinox 7/25….welcome back!

Justprettynpink

On 7/25/2021 at 5:40 PM, kokopelli-az said:

We sail on the Equinox Aug 8.

In your wristlet photo, are you sitting at a bar?    Just wondering if you can actually sit at the bar on bar stools.  And also if the Martini Bar is iced if you happen to notice.

Enjoy!

Yes I was sitting at a bar….. no social distancing there….

Capt just announce 1 vaccinated guest tested positive for Covid… they are isolated and will get off tomorrow in Nassau. They had cold symptoms and went to the medical center so they were tested.

Contract tracing was done and those with close contact tested negative…

Edited by Justprettynpink
  • Like 1

They will test you at no charge for Sunday's cruise. Everyone is panicking about this for no reason. The ship is the safest place you can be. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 7-Night Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Sunday, August 1. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes.

If you are able to provide negative test results, from an antigen test taken within 48 hours of embarkation, you will not be required to take an additional test at the pier. Proof of a negative result will significantly expedite your check-in and boarding process. Should you receive a positive test result or be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

Celebrity Equinox will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  https://www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting your observations. Some questions for you, please:

Would you know who the key crew is? Captain, CD?
Your Ocean View cafe experience? I read about your MDR experience and was wondering.
Your guess on capacity of the ship?

Do you find the theater very crowded or any other venues to be packed?

Thank you.

I personally think it’s what they should do. Now before they leave the port, they know all are covid free. Unless you had to have testing done to hop on a plane, before going to the ship, any one including those that were vaccinated could have been a positive. Thank you Celebrity….as if I needed another good reason ( ahahah) to cruise with you !

bravo

Brockmom

Btw…I am curious…is this before they take your luggage….to load on the ship ?

29 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

They will test you at no charge for Sunday's cruise. Everyone is panicking about this for no reason. The ship is the safest place you can be. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

I’m doing a b2b, and wondering how I get a COVID test for 8/8 sailing. I did not get the same email as you did for the 8/1 sailing, but saw several posts that Celebrity would be doing the test for the 8/1 cruise.

Just now, Margarita Jane said:

I’m doing a b2b, and wondering how I get a COVID test for 8/8 sailing. I did not get the same email as you did for the 8/1 sailing, but saw several posts that Celebrity would be doing the test for the 8/1 cruise.

We did B2B on Millennium last month and they will give you the test onboard the day before. Very easy process.

• Thanks 2

Thanks Prettypink for all the very informative posts. Enjoying them all.

A quick question re the internet package in the Always Included promo. Are you allowed to do international calls using apps such as WhatsApp & Skype via the included amenities?

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, cruise101 said:

Thanks Prettypink for all the very informative posts. Enjoying them all.

A quick question re the internet package in the Always Included promo. Are you allowed to do international calls using apps such as WhatsApp & Skype via the included amenities?

Thanks in advance.

It stinks… I could not do messenger video call… or a voice call…. Being able to post on cruisecritic is difficult.

18 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for posting your observations. Some questions for you, please:

Would you know who the key crew is? Captain, CD?
Your Ocean View cafe experience? I read about your MDR experience and was wondering.
Your guess on capacity of the ship?

Do you find the theater very crowded or any other venues to be packed?

Thank you.

The CD is Eddy Jenkins and Captain Tasos

The Oceanview Cafe was a nice experience. There is beverage service and getting the food from the crew was easy and fast.

We are sailing with 50% passengers and 50% crew

The theatre has been nicely spaced out until last night when someone decided to sit their party right next to us… most nights there was two or three seats between parties.

Hope this helps!!

32 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

It stinks… I could not do messenger video call… or a voice call…. Being able to post on cruisecritic is difficult.

I have just figured out wifi works a whole lot better midship public areas vs in our midship cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justprettynpink said:

The CD is Eddy Jenkins and Captain Tasos

The Oceanview Cafe was a nice experience. There is beverage service and getting the food from the crew was easy and fast.

We are sailing with 50% passengers and 50% crew

The theatre has been nicely spaced out until last night when someone decided to sit their party right next to us… most nights there was two or three seats between parties.

Hope this helps!!

Thank you for replying. Have a safe cruise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

I have just figured out wifi works a whole lot better midship public areas vs in our midship cabin.

I've experienced that a number of times.    On one cruise in a RS I  couldn't connect at all and had to go to mid-ship.    When I  mentioned to the concierge they had a router installed in my room and suddenly I had great connectivity.     I've also found  pre-covid that it really slowed down just after departure thru before dinner. 

• Like 1