Spirit of Adventure Inaugural Cruise live blog

Host Sharon

Hello Host Sharon …. it’s great reading your comments as you experience your cruise.  It feels as if we are almost there with you so thank you for taking the time to report back to us.

When you have a moment would you let us know the name of the solo singer act (with small orchestra) who you referred to and enjoyed so much please?
I am wondering if it could be the same amazingly talented person who my husband and I will never forget seeing on a cruise ship.  
For us the entertainment and everything else on board is a huge part of our cruising enjoyment so please keep posting so that we can continue to share your experience. Thank you !! 🥂😁

1 hour ago, BestGuessed said:

Hello Host Sharon …. it’s great reading your comments as you experience your cruise.  It feels as if we are almost there with you so thank you for taking the time to report back to us.

When you have a moment would you let us know the name of the solo singer act (with small orchestra) who you referred to and enjoyed so much please?
I am wondering if it could be the same amazingly talented person who my husband and I will never forget seeing on a cruise ship.  
For us the entertainment and everything else on board is a huge part of our cruising enjoyment so please keep posting so that we can continue to share your experience. Thank you !! 🥂😁

It was Kerry Ellis.

That isn’t the same person then … The show we saw and remember so well was another fabulous performer (am I allowed to name her on here??🤔 don’t want to breach the rules !!)  She was wonderful anyway.

We will now look out for Kerry Ellis and hope to see her on board one day !!

Thank you.

Yesterday was spent sailing round from Newcastle to Belfast where we arrived at 9 am this morning weather unfortunately was cold and windy and damp but it was still worth being on deck to see the many dolphins seals birds and five whales that we passed on the way unfortunately we were just having lunch when the Captain announced that the Coast Guard would be coming to medevac a patient who was not very well at all. However it seems adventures set a new world record of 12 minutes from the Coast Guard arriving to the Coast Guard leaving with the patient to head to Inverness hospital; we we hope they will be okay. I believe it was a suspected stroke. I had a manicure at 6 o’clock and then went straight to the living room for a drink and into dinner in the main dining room. Another delicious meal with Cornish crab starter, roast venison, and a delicate apple tart to finish. Because of the delays caused by the medevac adventure was going to be an hour late into Belfast but we are staying an extra hour and a half so no tours have been affected. As I have been to Belfast three or four times before I am staying on board today well my friend has gone off sightseeing. I am slowly working my way through the breakfast menu in the buffet. The choice is quite large from yoghurt and cereal, croissants and danish pastries, and fresh and tinned fruit to American-style blueberry pancakes and waffles all made fresh to order. There is also smoked salmon and other delicacies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Yesterday was spent sailing round from Newcastle to Belfast where we arrived at 9 am this morning weather unfortunately was cold and windy and damp but it was still worth being on deck to see the many dolphins seals birds and five whales that we passed on the way unfortunately we were just having lunch with the Captain announced that the Coast Guard would be coming to medevac a patient who was not very well at all. However it seems adventures set a new world record of 12 minutes from the Coast Guard arriving to the Coast Guard leaving with the patient to head to Inverness hospital; we we hope they will be okay. I believe it was a suspected stroke. I had a manicure at 6 o’clock and then went straight to the living room for a drink and into dinner in the main dining room. Another delicious meal with Cornish crab starter, roast venison, and a delicate apple tart to finish. Because of the delays caused by the medevac adventure was going to be an hour late into Belfast but we are staying an extra hour and a half so no tours have been affected. As I have been to Belfast three or four times before I am staying on board today well my friend has gone off sightseeing. I am slowly working my way through the breakfast menu in the buffet. The choice is quite large from yoghurt and cereal, croissants and danish pastries, and fresh and tinned fruit to American-style blueberry pancakes and waffles all made fresh to order. There is also smoked salmon and other delicacies.

Sure beats my breakfast of cornflakes with yogurt and fruit Sharon...😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Yesterday was spent sailing round from Newcastle to Belfast where we arrived at 9 am this morning weather unfortunately was cold and windy and damp but it was still worth being on deck to see the many dolphins seals birds and five whales that we passed on the way unfortunately we were just having lunch with the Captain announced that the Coast Guard would be coming to medevac a patient who was not very well at all. However it seems adventures set a new world record of 12 minutes from the Coast Guard arriving to the Coast Guard leaving with the patient to head to Inverness hospital; we we hope they will be okay. I believe it was a suspected stroke. I had a manicure at 6 o’clock and then went straight to the living room for a drink and into dinner in the main dining room. Another delicious meal with Cornish crab starter, roast venison, and a delicate apple tart to finish. Because of the delays caused by the medevac adventure was going to be an hour late into Belfast but we are staying an extra hour and a half so no tours have been affected. As I have been to Belfast three or four times before I am staying on board today well my friend has gone off sightseeing. I am slowly working my way through the breakfast menu in the buffet. The choice is quite large from yoghurt and cereal, croissants and danish pastries, and fresh and tinned fruit to American-style blueberry pancakes and waffles all made fresh to order. There is also smoked salmon and other delicacies.

What are the plans for tomorrow Sharon are you doing any cruising by us🇮🇲 like Discovery did a couple of weeks ago

18 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

What are the plans for tomorrow Sharon are you doing any cruising by us🇮🇲 like Discovery did a couple of weeks ago

I believe we are doing scenic cruising round the island.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RockyRose said:

Brilliant Blog, Sharon,

Thank you for keeping us updated, could I ask a couple of questions?  What speakers are onboard and is the laundry open.

Thanks. Rocky Rose

Laundry is open. Will need to check speakers.

We berthed in Belfast at just gone 9 am. I had decided to stay on board well the toes set off for city centre bus tours, the Giants Causeway, and the coast of County Antrim. It was nice having a virtually empty ship to explore and taking photographs. There was much activity in the port with  various ferries  is coming and going all day. I had lunch in the grill choosing a Ploughman‘s salad. In the afternoon I sat with the orca team and chatted whilst they identified the photographs I had taken the previous day of Minke Whales, common dolphins and a seal. We had dinner in the main restaurant and then went to the show which was Indigo May. 

• Like 2

Today is Saturday and around 8:30 am we reached the Isle of Man. We are circling it all morning and then anchoring off Laxey for the afternoon before sailing past Douglas and onto Liverpool for tomorrow. Most of the morning I sat on the balcony watching the scenery when the Sun eventually came out it was very very hot but has clouded over again now. I have a nice view of Laxey village from the balcony at the moment. At noon we had a solos lunch. Unlike normal such solo lunches we had to stay in  the same seat and couldn’t rotate round and talk to other people but it was still an enjoyable event. All the tables were for six people and we had set places. After a good meal of shrimp, a vegetarian frittata, and an orange drizzle pudding I need a lie down  to recover!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RockyRose said:

Brilliant Blog, Sharon,

Thank you for keeping us updated, could I ask a couple of questions?  What speakers are onboard and is the laundry open.

Thanks. Rocky Rose

Guest speakers hello Professor Nigel McLennan a motivational speaker, Sir David Durie former governor of Gibraltar and celebrity chef Kevin Woodford. We also have a port Lecturer Susan Leng.

Tonight we decided to have our dinner in the grill so as to get out early and sit on our balcony for the final sail past the Isle of Man. It was cold but lovely to watch the Sun setting over Castletown. I am not a fan of buffets preferring to have my meals served to me but the atmosphere is nice and the furnishings quite elegant tonight‘s wine was a Californian Zinfandel. All drinks are included unless you want premium spirits and beers. Once we had left land my friend went to the show and I went to have a drink in the living room before coming to the cabin to write this. We arrive in Liverpool tomorrow early and I am on a tour to Chester and Port sunlight as I have been to Liverpool a few times previously. The mid cruise questionnaire was in our cabins tonight but I really don’t have many comments. Obviously Covid has had its impact but I have very few complaints. I am especially impressed by the shower ventilation so that when you open the door from the shower there is no steam in the bathroom whatsoever. The basins are quite deep and the taps quite high so it is easy to wash your hair there instead of the shower if you wish.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Guest speakers hello Professor Nigel McLennan a motivational speaker, Sir David Durie former governor of Gibraltar and celebrity chef Kevin Woodford. We also have a port Lecturer Susan Leng.