Celebrity Milly docked in Juneau with HAL NA has a reported Covid case!!!!

Destiny0315

They must be really sick to be taken away by air ambulance.

When you're dealing with thousands of passengers and crew, there are going to be Covid cases, even among the vaccinated.  I wouldn't panic if I were onboard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Roz said:

They must be really sick to be taken away by air ambulance.

When you're dealing with thousands of passengers and crew, there are going to be Covid cases, even among the vaccinated.  I wouldn't panic if I were onboard.

I doubt they were really sick possibly reported mild symptoms, the cruise lines have agreed to take passengers off and fly them home privately if they were vaccinated. My guess is they tested positive, they had to quarantine the passenger then were able to arrange flying them home from Juneau which would have the best options for air travel.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Why is this on the hal board if celebrity has the case?  Am I misreading?

Perhaps because both ships are in port together and pax from both ships are going ashore.  News is news.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

I agree with you.  What's the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam got to do with the Millenium's COVID cases?

When I was watching the Juneau webcam people were milling all around the dock. If they ended up on the same bus/boat on a private tour it could be an issue. Otherwise just a little sad news for the first few Alaska cruises. 

• Like 2

I don't remember there being discussion on here about the worthiness of posts about Hurtigruten and Aida's issues with Covid cases in Europe not that long ago, when HAL was no where near cruising again, and definitely not there at the time.

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

Perhaps because both ships are in port together and pax from both ships are going ashore.  News is news.

10 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

When I was watching the Juneau webcam people were milling all around the dock. If they ended up on the same bus/boat on a private tour it could be an issue. Otherwise just a little sad news for the first few Alaska cruises. 

Exactly.
I hope the ill passenger is OK. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I think you need more !!!! In the title.

I would only use that many exclamation points if there was a case of ebola onboard. 😁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeD4134 said:

Only 2 ways in and out of Juneau, Boat or aircraft, no roads.

Mike, I forgot about that.  Makes sense they would use an air ambulance.  Thanks for the reminder.

Our local news mentioned an unknown number of passengers they came in contact with are in isolation.  That's what I'd be more concerned about, how many people are we talking and what's involved?

I'm not afraid of COVID-19, but I am afraid of paying all that money to stare at towel animals and watch forgettable movies.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 5

I do wish HAL would do testing at embarkation.  There will always be breakthrough cases and testing won't stop the possibility of infections being detected during the cruise, but it will save others onboard from hassles if they don't share the ship with positives that could have been eliminated before the cruise rather than underway.

Roy

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 7:45 PM, Destiny0315 said:

Vaxed passenger will be taken away by air ambulance and Milly's status is now yellow on the CDC site. Reported by KTOO in Juneau.

I don't understand why you think this is newsworthy enough to start a new topic on CC.. almost sounds like you are gleeful at the news with all the exclamation points..  Another post on CC that turns into a debate of Covid and vaccinations.. aren't there enough already?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was originally posted just a short time after the two ships arrived in Juneau and was based on Alaskan media reports of public comments by Juneau and state officials along with cruise ship officials. In the larger world of Covid it was not news, but in the smaller world of CC it was!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1