Miami a port on August cruise

suspaul

Just got an email from Crystal regarding an itenerary change for our upcoming August 7 cruise.  After Bimini we have a day stop in Miami to embark ‘a limited number of UNVACCINATED  guests! 

It is very early and I hope I’m reading this incorrectly.

ONLY reason we selected this cruise was due to all guests being vaccinated.  Thoughts?

What is  the rationale behind this?  If correct, what a huge disappointment.  As it is we have to deal with unvaccinated daily and would never had gone with Crystal or any other cruise line if we had known this.

Thoughts please!

2 hours ago, suspaul said:

Just got an email from Crystal regarding an itenerary change for our upcoming August 7 cruise.  After Bimini we have a day stop in Miami to embark ‘a limited number of UNVACCINATED  guests! 

ONLY reason we selected this cruise was due to all guests being vaccinated.  Thoughts?

What is  the rationale behind this?  If correct, what a huge disappointment.  As it is we have to deal with unvaccinated daily and would never had gone with Crystal or any other cruise line if we had known this.

Thoughts please!

DITTO, not the product I signed up for. What are our options. 

• Like 2

I have to admit, when reading the restrictions for unvaccinated, I can’t imagine any unvaccinated person would want to follow their protocols. 

• Like 2

Thoughts please!

Not a political statement, but this is what our governor wants. 

Just got the letter as well - devastating as we were assured at the time of booking that all passengers would be vaccinated.  As for  the listed protocols for the unvaccinated- highly unlikely that particular group would adhere to them - We are Sadly cancelling our trip. Sad day for us but not going to take the risk at this time.  Don’t want to get stuck on a ship indefinitely when the positives come in and no country will allow anyone to disembark 

1 hour ago, wesport said:

DITTO, not the product I signed up for. What are our options. 

We are unfortunately cancelling.  Just got the letter as well - devastating as we were assured at the time of booking that all passengers would be vaccinated.  As for  the listed protocols for the unvaccinated- highly unlikely that particular group would adhere to them - We are Sadly cancelling our trip. Sad day for us but not going to take the risk at this time.  Don’t want to get stuck on a ship indefinitely when the positives come in and no country will allow anyone to disembark 

Question....

Do the folks embarking in Miami, need the Bahamian visa? 

I'm beyond annoyed at this new development with Miami, but will be livid if they don't need that visa.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Question....

I'm beyond annoyed at this new development with Miami, but will be livid if they don't need that visa.

I can't see how they would be exempt from the Visa, but I could be wrong.

Vince

4 hours ago, talking2u said:

We are unfortunately cancelling.  Just got the letter as well - devastating as we were assured at the time of booking that all passengers would be vaccinated.  As for  the listed protocols for the unvaccinated- highly unlikely that particular group would adhere to them - We are Sadly cancelling our trip. Sad day for us but not going to take the risk at this time.  Don’t want to get stuck on a ship indefinitely when the positives come in and no country will allow anyone to disembark 

Be interested if you get your money back!

6 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Question....

We just went on the Edge and it included a stop at Nassau for the day. We did not need a Bahamian visa to get off the ship there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, majcigar said:

Be interested if you get your money back!

Yes! Full refund - I’d rather have the trip but also don’t want to get stuck on a boat if it gets a spread of cases from the covid - due to the unvaccinated.  

1 hour ago, talking2u said:

Yes! Full refund - I’d rather have the trip but also don’t want to get stuck on a boat if it gets a spread of cases from the covid - due to the unvaccinated.  

What was the date you were suppose to sail?  Was the full refund due to cancellation insurance or was it offered by Crystal?  Were you in the 30 day 25% penalty days?

4 minutes ago, smlnd said:

What was the date you were suppose to sail?  Was the full refund due to cancellation insurance or was it offered by Crystal?  Were you in the 30 day 25% penalty days?

based on a post on the roll call threads, September 25th.

Nancy

We’re on the 7 August sailing, Nassau r/t.  Husband called Crystal this morning and was told NO REFUNDS would be given.  

Yes,  we will be on a flight for2 hours, non-stop and yes we do go to the grocery, an occasional dinner out but we have the choice of when and/or whether to go.  On a ship this isn’t the case.

Very disappointed with this change and with Crystal in general.  If we go or lose our $$$ this will definitely be a done deal with Crystal for us.  No cruise line is that special.

This is only my opinion.

We’re on the 7 August sailing, Nassau r/t.  Husband called Crystal this morning and was told NO REFUNDS would be given.  

Yes,  we will be on a flight for2 hours, non-stop and yes we do go to the grocery, an occasional dinner out but we have the choice of when and/or whether to go.  On a ship this isn’t the case.

Very disappointed with this change and with Crystal in general.  If we go or lose our $$$ this will definitely be a done deal with Crystal for us.  No cruise line is that special.

This is only my opinion.

I am to get on august 14th. Now trying to get on in Florida.

already cancel my so called world cruise

9 hours ago, suspaul said:

This is only my opinion.

Based on other reports, I would have your agent call again.  Many agents I’ve heard have been receiving fee waivers for cancellations.  That might have been a policy change at some point, or just a miscommunication among some reps.

Vince 

On 7/27/2021 at 5:49 AM, wesport said:

I have to admit, when reading the restrictions for unvaccinated, I can’t imagine any unvaccinated person would want to follow their protocols. 

I would agree and add that there will be many vaccinated people also embarking in Miami I would assume.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, Mudhen said:

Question....

There was another thread on this which I just posted to. I checked with the person at Crystal who handles this and was told those who transit the Bahamas (that is what Miami R/T is) will need a Travel Visa.  It will also be noted in the electronic vacation guide arriving on e-mail a few weeks before the cruise.

Keith

Sadly we have decided (3 couples) to cancel our Crystal sailing 8.7.2021.

With the itinerary change to Miami and the “possibility” of unvaccinated passengers and/or children this isn’t for us.  Having been so vigilant for 16+ months, vaccinated, masking, distancing and all we could do - we aren’t comfortable being on constant lookout for the dreaded red wristbands or however Crystal will differentiate guests.

I’m not saying the same could not happen here at home however the amount of money spent on the cruise, air, health visas, transportation, it doesn’t make sense to feel uncomfortable.  

This is only my opinion!

I hope everyone has a fantastic time whenever your travels are.

For Sale cheap…Bahamas Health Visas and test vouchers! 😆