Success in changing embarkation to Miami?

MomC

Posted (edited)

We are scheduled to sail out of Nassau on August 7 but would rather board in Miami August 9.  Has anyone been able to make that switch?  Seems easy to me but I have been waiting 36 hours for an answer. Lots of moving parts to coordinate if we can change,

Edited by MomC

• MomC changed the title to Success in changing embarkation to Miami?
1 minute ago, MomC said:

We are scheduled to sail out of Nassau on August 7 but would rather board in Miami August 9.  Has anyone been able to make that switch?  Seems easy to me but I have been waiting 36 hours for an answer. Lots of moving parts to coordinate if we can change,

The bookings are opening so you should get an answer.  If you have a TA have them followup right away.  The issue is the timing of your cruise being very soon, but changes are occurring just not sure about one so soon.

Keith

• Like 1

I'm also interested in this. We don't sail until Sept. 4th so we have some time. I asked our TA to look into it yesterday but haven't heard back. I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has any success with changing their embarkation from Nassau to Miami. TIA

I was scheduled to sail on Sept. 11 out of Nassau.  My TA just changed me to Sept. 13, round trip, Miami.  Easy peasy.

I am not happy about the (slim) possibility of unvaccinated people onboard, (truly, who would accept those onerous restricitions?), but I AM very happy to not be facing the (slim) possibility of being stuck in a hotel in the Bahamas for 14 days if I somehow contract Covid on the cruise.  This will save me the cost of a pre-cruise hotel in Nassau because I'm much more confident about being able to get to Miami on a non-stop flight on embarkation morning.  Also happy to avoid the chaos of the Nassau airport on Saturdays.

I will likely not getting off the ship more than once or twice.  The ship is my trip :)  And I really hope we can sit at the Cove bar by then.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

I'm also interested in this. We don't sail until Sept. 4th so we have some time. I asked our TA to look into it yesterday but haven't heard back. I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has any success with changing their embarkation from Nassau to Miami. TIA

Your TA can and should do this today and the answer is yes.

Keith

• Like 1

Likewise changed to Miami.

My TA states that there is some confusion on the part ofCrystal.

She is still working  out some transfer details I.e. credit for land pkg and insurance.

Her opinion is that Crystal is not ready for this change.

anyway I am pleased with the change of embarkation. Less hassle.

Does anyone know if we will still need a Bahamas visa?

OK.. my story…

long time Crystal traveler.. booked July 11 Luxury Bahamas cruise of fully vaccinated cruise round trip Bimini.. also purchased the prepackage at Ft lauderdale and Bimini.. TWELVE HOURS before our flight we were notified Bimini was not a port anymore and we needed to get to Nassau on our own dime as well as fly home from there., not feasible and way too expensive on that short notice. 
we then rebooked for September 12 out of Bimini… still fully vaccinated cruise. Costing more to change our flights as well as losing the Bahamas visa cost. AND paying for another visa.

Now one of the luxury Bahamas stops is a day in Miami .

our choice get a 25% refund or book a future cruise or fly to Bimini and then return to Florida. And go back to Bimini to fly home 

so we changed to boarding in Miami and our pre cruise charge will be refunded.. when? Who knows??

have large credit on air fare but we have decided for now to go on the cruise and make the best of it. Am I happy with the way Crystal has treated us?  NO …. Not customer service .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winefoodandsong said:

I was scheduled to sail on Sept. 11 out of Nassau.  My TA just changed me to Sept. 13, round trip, Miami.  Easy peasy.

I am not happy about the (slim) possibility of unvaccinated people onboard, (truly, who would accept those onerous restricitions?), but I AM very happy to not be facing the (slim) possibility of being stuck in a hotel in the Bahamas for 14 days if I somehow contract Covid on the cruise.  This will save me the cost of a pre-cruise hotel in Nassau because I'm much more confident about being able to get to Miami on a non-stop flight on embarkation morning.  Also happy to avoid the chaos of the Nassau airport on Saturdays.

I will likely not getting off the ship more than once or twice.  The ship is my trip 🙂 And I really hope we can sit at the Cove bar by then.

Great attitude!

4 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

She is still working  out some transfer details I.e. credit for land pkg and insurance.

I don't know the answer to whether a Bahamian visa is needed if we embark in Miami. I do know that we did not need the visa to get off the ship 2 weeks ago when we stopped for the day in Nassau on a Celebrity cruise.

• Like 1

Keith and others!

I booked two legs myself and changed it at 3 pm today. Booked my hotwl and flight today.

but so far my agent seems to be having problems with crystal. She was told to fill out a for,..she has two legs as one booking number.

wrll,as of 635 Wednesday I switch everything but no proof by crystal of  the of the two weeks she booked.

no one I know done a form. I just said yes and it was done.updated on my account. I am getting  on  august 16th and off sept 6th..no matter what.

easuer if you had booked yourself.

1 hour ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

I don't know the answer to whether a Bahamian visa is needed if we embark in Miami. I do know that we did not need the visa to get off the ship 2 weeks ago when we stopped for the day in Nassau on a Celebrity cruise.

I would think not. I cannot imagine how they would enforce it since in most stops we were tendered and there were no “officials” around.

21 hours ago, bayonejoe said:

I have posted on two other threads; one specific about the visa.  I was told by the person who would know at Crystal Cruises that those boarding in Miami (considered to be transiting Bahamas) will need the visa and this will be noted in the Vacation Guide which comes out a few weeks before the cruise ends.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just switched from Aug. 28 Nassau to Aug 23 Miami.  Yes, we need a Bahamas VISA.  But according to CDC website, the Covid test to return to the US is ONLY for those traveling by airplane.  So, I don't think we need to add the Covid testing to our Bahamas VISA if embarking from Miami.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smlnd said:

We just switched from Aug. 28 Nassau to Aug 23 Miami.  Yes, we need a Bahamas VISA.  But according to CDC website, the Covid test to return to the US is ONLY for those traveling by airplane.  So, I don't think we need to add the Covid testing to our Bahamas VISA if embarking from Miami.

Great for you but does show how ridiculous the US govt is - basing policy on mode of transportation is lunacy 

Happy to report that I successfully got our embarkation switched to Miami on September 6th.  Then I changed our airfare and we managed to save several hundred dollars on that switch.  I feel so much more comfortable leaving from Miami. Thanks to all those that shared their experiences.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, winefoodandsong said:

This will save me the cost of a pre-cruise hotel in Nassau because I'm much more confident about being able to get to Miami on a non-stop flight on embarkation morning.  Also happy to avoid the chaos of the Nassau airport on Saturdays.

Hooray for everyone who was able to change to Miami if they wished!  Great! 

Just a note of awareness - Miami airport is no less chaotic than Nassau’s. In all my travels everywhere, my worst experiences in terms of chaos, lost luggage, flight delays, waiting in line, crowds, etc. have always been in Miami. Not trying to rain on anyone’s happy plans at all - just don’t want people who are hesitating to change to think Miami airport will be faster or less crowded. 

Have fun and have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Just a note of awareness - Miami airport is no less chaotic than Nassau’s. In all my travels everywhere, my worst experiences in terms of chaos, lost luggage, flight delays, waiting in line, crowds, etc. have always been in Miami. Not trying to rain on anyone’s happy plans at all - just don’t want people who are hesitating to change to think Miami airport will be faster or less crowded. 

Maybe so but they do have a Centurion Lounge  (Amex) and many other lounges to avoid the crowds. We have found it to be quite wonderful. FAR better than the chaos of Nassau last Saturday. We were in Delta and the checkin was not bad comparatively but the boarding area was WILD

9 hours ago, smlnd said:

My Visa not been done yet! Part of my cruise I. Booked and moved it Tuesday. The part my agent booked still not done. I was on a 14 day RT  and someone at Crystal giving her the run around l

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Been going in and out of there for years. Never had a problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smlnd said:

Did you get a clue when you would get the new boarding pass?

I am getting on earlier in August and the person I spoke to was it needs to go to another dept and I not heard back yet.

also she never made it clear about the Visa. Nor did my agent.

Hi, I am also interested in switching from Nassau to Miami for my 9/11 departure.  For those who successful switched, does Crystal give you a hard time?  Is there a fee/charge involved?  Please share any information/process to do the switch.  Also, where do you embark in Miami?  I assume it will be less work and hassle than Nassau.  Thank you very much.

I did not have any problems switching to Miami and it was in the 30 day window which would have been a 50% cancellation penalty.  They did not charge any fee or penalty.  There is a big cruise ship port in Miami so I would assume that is where you board.  Still waiting to hear where we will get our rapid test.  All of our on-line information transferred to the new cruise, except our shore excursions and dining reservations.  I was able to re-book the shore excursions but get a "500 error" message when trying to do the dining.  I also updated our flights and hotel information.

56 minutes ago, smlnd said:

I did not have any problems switching to Miami and it was in the 30 day window which would have been a 50% cancellation penalty.  They did not charge any fee or penalty.  There is a big cruise ship port in Miami so I would assume that is where you board.  Still waiting to hear where we will get our rapid test.  All of our on-line information transferred to the new cruise, except our shore excursions and dining reservations.  I was able to re-book the shore excursions but get a "500 error" message when trying to do the dining.  I also updated our flights and hotel information.

I was able to switch.I had booked a leg and my agent had, For some reason mine was easier. The agent says Crystal and They say she wrote it wrong, all done  on phone.

flights and hotel are booked. Much easier I think.

just wear mask everywhere in Florida