The Daily for Saturday July 31, 2021

richwmn

Thanks for all the daily information and photos of Loreto, have not been to the town, it looks very pleasant.

@kazu good news that your BFF husband is making progress.

@cat shepardam enjoying  your travels in Iceland, thank you.

@St. Louis Salthanks for sharing your Iceland experience and photos,

@Crazy For Catsthanks for photos of your stateroom, have a fabulous cruise.

It's the first day of August, so the day began with saying "Rabbits, white rabbits"  July seems to have passed by very quickly.  It's raining Temperature 9  C.

Stay safe and take care everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:13 PM, AncientWanderer said:

Jane, could you please share a little bit more about what you did in Loreto?  We are trying to figure out the ports on that HAL itinerary, and aren't sure what to do there.

Thanks so much

My apologies for being so late in responding to your post. I only do Holland America excursions or walk around on my own if it is someplace I have been before. Our first time in Loreto we took the Loreto On Foot excursion which I enjoyed very much because our guide was so knowedgeable and had a wonderful sense of humor. Our second stop in Loreto we took the San Javier Mission excursion which was interesting to me as I enjoy getting to know all of the Spanish missions in both Baja, Ca. and Ca, The third time I just walked around the town spending a lot of time in the Plaza, All three time we enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta and Traditional Clambake which included Folklorico Dancing by both professionals and my favorite, the local children.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

My apologies for being so late in responding to your post. I only do Holland America excursions or walk around on my own if it is someplace I have been before. Our first time in Loreto we took the Loreto On Foot excursion which I enjoyed very much because our guide was so knowedgeable and had a wonderful sense of humor. Our second stop in Loreto we took the San Javier Mission excursion which was interesting to me as I enjoy getting to know all of the Spanish missions in both Baja, Ca. and Ca, The third time I just walked around the town spending a lot of time in the Plaza, All three time we enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta and Traditional Clambake which included Folklorico Dancing by both professionals and my favorite, the local children.

Jane

Thank you so much for the response!  It sounds great.  My favorite ports are the ones where you don't have to go far to have a nice day.  I'm really looking forward to this interesting itinerary.  Thanks again

• Like 1