PescadoAmarillo Blogging from Nieuw Amsterdam

AryMay

Some of you may be familiar with PescadoAmarillo. She and her husband are avid Princess cruisers who (up until Covid hit) would spend entire winters at sea and faithfully do daily blogs of their journeys.

They were scheduled to return to cruising on the August 8th Majestic Princess cruise to Alaska, but at the last minute have added on a week on the Nieuw Amsterdam leaving TODAY (July 31). 

Jeannie is a talented and entertaining writer and for those of us not yet cruising, following the blog is the next best thing! 

Here is the link if you want to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Pescado Amarillo Blog

Edited by AryMay
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• AryMay changed the title to PescadoAmarillo Blogging from Nieuw Amsterdam
1 hour ago, AryMay said:

Some of you may be familiar with PescadoAmarillo. She and her husband are avid Princess cruisers who (up until Covid hit) would spend entire winters at sea and faithfully do daily blogs of their journeys.

They were scheduled to return to cruising on the August 8th Majestic Princess cruise to Alaska, but at the last minute have added on a week on the Nieuw Amsterdam leaving TODAY (July 31). 

Jeannie is a talented and entertaining writer and for those of us not yet cruising, following the blog is the next best thing! 

Here is the link if you want to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Pescado Amarillo Blog

Thank you so much for this information!  I've enjoyed her blog for years.  I didn't have any idea she was cruising soon because I spend very little time reading the Princess section of CC anymore.  I really should because I have a Princess cruise booked for next summer.  Maybe...

On 7/31/2021 at 9:32 AM, AryMay said:

So happy Jeannie is blogging! I love following along with her and her DH. 

6 hours ago, Taseko said:

If anyone has an update on Jeannie or G’s safety I would appreciate it.  After following her wonderful posts for so long I feel sick about the plane crash in Ketchikan today. 

Yes, please, an update would be greatly appreciated. She hasn't written anything on her blog since Glacier Bay and ISP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseMGM said:

Yes, please, an update would be greatly appreciated. She hasn't written anything on her blog since Glacier Bay and ISP.

On her Princess Thread, where she last posted on Wednesday, she mentioned having some issues with her cell signal, which she would be relying on to make posts. Since it’s a Sea Day, I would imagine she won’t update her blog today unless she changes to a ship internet plan. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2793462-2-cruises-2-alaska-yellow-fish-sails-again/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-61587362

Prayers for all involved and onboard!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, syesmar said:

On her Princess Thread, where she last posted on Wednesday, she mentioned having some issues with her cell signal, which she would be relying on to make posts. Since it’s a Sea Day, I would imagine she won’t update her blog today unless she changes to a ship internet plan. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2793462-2-cruises-2-alaska-yellow-fish-sails-again/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-61587362

Prayers for all involved and onboard!

Thank you for this. I re-read her blog looking in vain for an itinerary (eg: we're going to do THIS when we're HERE and THAT when we're THERE, etc.) and didn't find anything. Yes, definitely thinking of all involved and onboard. I've been following a bunch of blogs really closely, because we're sailing 2 weeks from tomorrow, and while I don't know any of these people, I've gotten a feel for them, if you know what I mean? They're not "friends" per se, but they're more to me than just letters put together on a page. I've felt really affected by the very sad news and can't stop thinking of the loved ones left behind. I think my days of flying in small planes and helicopters (and even hot air balloons) are over and done with. So very sad.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CruiseMGM said:

Thank you for this. I re-read her blog looking in vain for an itinerary (eg: we're going to do THIS when we're HERE and THAT when we're THERE, etc.) and didn't find anything. Yes, definitely thinking of all involved and onboard. I've been following a bunch of blogs really closely, because we're sailing 2 weeks from tomorrow, and while I don't know any of these people, I've gotten a feel for them, if you know what I mean? They're not "friends" per se, but they're more to me than just letters put together on a page. I've felt really affected by the very sad news and can't stop thinking of the loved ones left behind. I think my days of flying in small planes and helicopters (and even hot air balloons) are over and done with. So very sad.

I so agree with this post...  I feel as though I "know" her, and the several others who have been posting from the NA.  My heart is heavy for the deceased, and their loved ones.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Thankfully, there’s a brand new blog post that’s been uploaded this morning, with details of Day 5 in Sitka. http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2021/08/day-5-sitka.html

Update: Blog posts for Days 6 and 7 have been uploaded now, as well.

Thank you and SOOOOOOOOO relieved! I haven't stopped thinking about her in the past several days, so glad to hear she's all right. Going to read now.

• Like 1