Lift & Shift & Double Points Promo

18 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Hi.  Has anyone done a lift & shift for a booking which qualifies for double points promo?  Current verbiage mentions exisitng bookings and eligible sailings running through December 2022.

296430154_DoublePointsPromoasof7-31-2021.thumb.JPG.bbfc951dd63aef121b32f9b466a6d6e9.JPG

It will be based on the date the ship sails. 

I did an L & S from Rhapsody  March 2021 to Harmony March 2022. I will be getting double points for it. Actually quadruple points as we are in an Owners Suite.  Also just booked 8 day Southern Caribbean on Explorer next October also in a suite to get us to Diamond by the end of next year.

We will probably call tomorrow and find out what we can do.  Current cruise is Dec 21 and want to move it to Dec 22.  Only thing we have paid so far is the deposit.  Final payment is in September.  Basically want to see if they will move our deposit from Dec 21 to Dec 22 or if there are any penalities/fees for the move.

19 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Unless they've changed it recently - lift & shift is only an option for cruises they've canceled. You can use CWC to get a FCC and put that on a new cruise, but they're not price protecting (which was what l&s did).

You are correct.  I was confused.  😞

Bottom line is finding out if I will forfeit my deposit for moving the cruise from Dec 21 to Dec 22 and/or incur any change fees for moving the booking.

14 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

You are correct.  I was confused.  😞

Bottom line is finding out if I will forfeit my deposit for moving the cruise from Dec 21 to Dec 22 and/or incur any change fees for moving the booking.

You can cancel under cruise with confidence and get 100% FCC for whatever you paid so far. There may be a wait for them to be in your account though if you want to use the FCC to book the new cruise. 

2 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

We will probably call tomorrow and find out what we can do.  Current cruise is Dec 21 and want to move it to Dec 22.  Only thing we have paid so far is the deposit.  Final payment is in September.  Basically want to see if they will move our deposit from Dec 21 to Dec 22 or if there are any penalities/fees for the move.

This can be moved without any penalties. 

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Unless they've changed it recently - lift & shift is only an option for cruises they've canceled. You can use CWC to get a FCC and put that on a new cruise, but they're not price protecting (which was what l&s did).

You can also just move your deposit without penalty and avoid going the whole FCC route. 

Done!  I was able to transfer the deposit to same itinerary for Nov. 2022 and change from a starboard junior suite to an aft junior suite for about fifty dollars additional total cruise fare.  Color me happy!  🙂

Edited by dream2cruise
typo correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

Done!  I was able to transfer the deposit to same itinerary for Nov. 2022 and change from a starboard junior suite to an aft junior suite for about fifty dollars additional total cruise fare.  Color me happy!  🙂

Good to know, thanks! Was this a refundable deposit or non-refundable?