I tested positive for Covid on Adventure 7/24 Sailing

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

This is your clue that these are people who merely test positive while in the hospital, not people who are in the hospital for covid.

Hospitals aren't testing vaccinated people for covid if they aren't there for covid reasons. But they will test unvaccinated.

Supposing you work in a South Florida hospital -- if this is true wonder which hospital it might be as the majority of SoFlo hospitals are reporting otherwise.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jtd724 said:

Exactly instead of going to the hospital and getting on ventilator you’re either going to be asymptomatic or have a minor cold. Out of that 167 million vaccines given I believe there are still only 1000 deaths after the vaccine way better 95% efficiency.

If anyone wants to dispute the number of deaths out of the vaccine go right ahead I’m just recalling a Fox News excerpt without looking it up on Google.

whatever the number is it still way way way better than 95% efficiency.

From an axios article based on cdc website 

F54D9CC0-823F-4CFD-B357-29212DCBC2E8.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And everyone assumes it is a quarentine of a couple of weeks. If they end up requiring a negative test the lock up could go much, much longer.

Oh man, excellent point. Reminds me of the famous sitcom theme song, "A 3 hour tour". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You agree to the terms when you board the ship. You aren’t going to be able to demand or deal with the cruise line. You test positive you will be quarantined until the PCR test results. If that test is positive then you will leave the ship at next port. End of story

Yes. The cruise contract says the cruise line can act at its "sole discretion." There is no room for negotiation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Quarantined is considered treated with kid gloves.  How would you have handled this situation.

Just wondering, what are the CDC protocols when you vacation outside the USA.  

You can't come back without a negative PCR test. We are taking our daughter to grad school in a month In Spain . If we test positive  we will be placed in a quarantine hotel until we are negative and healthy enough to travel back home. Fortunately the Delta is winding down in the EU but I'm still a teeny bit apprehensive. 

Our hotel has arranged transport to and from the hospital testing facility.

54 minutes ago, kearney said:

When we decided to book on AOS for August... I found policies with Covid coverage. I had seen the attached article on Covid travel insurance and then went to Squaremouth.com and looked at various policies... ended up choosing one there... it was more expensive than past coverage... https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/ (this article appears to have been updated). I figure between the current "cruise with confidence" Royal program, my travel insurance with covid coverage... and the required Bahamian travel health insurance... there will be a lot of lawyers figuring out who pays to get me home... but I am a belt and suspenders person... Our policy was $210... and if I recall the cruise and airfare were about $1900. 

Ok, so 210 with the Cruise Line assuming all costs associated with getting home after a positive test result. I wonder how much it will go up once they stop covering it. 

10 hours ago, Coconut Crew said:

I’ve been seeing some posts about what it is like testing positive for Covid on Royal so I thought I’d share my experience.  Not looking for judgement but …

{{{Snipped}}}}

Thank you SO much for posting about this! We wish you a rapid and complete recovery from any symptoms.

To everybody:

Please, let’s not get this thread locked by arguing about various statistics.  I’d really appreciate being able to see updates from OP about how things are resolved. Plenty of other places to discuss that.

Jane

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

ICU was 10% full 2 weeks ago? If that's true then that's one poorly run hospital

And remember states report total hospitalized that have tested positive for covid, not total people in the hospital for covid treatment. North Dakota is one of the few that has data broke out "for covid" and "with covid"

Agree, where I'm at ICU's running about 80-85% with some lowest CV in Nation and same as pre CV. When we had some Highest was 90-95% and never ran out of space. Then people forget some Hospitals have 10 ICU Beds(or less). Website shows my States Historic Breakdown CV and non in ICU, interesting read when see actual and changes. Not usually what many think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

After the latest goings on, I think we are almost getting to the point that both vaccinated and unvaccinated will be required to have that type of insurance.

I really believe that will be a requirement in the next 4 weeks. That will be the next ball to drop for cruising? That might be the final straw for some cruisers.

Got to think that type of insurance is really expensive and once the insurance companies know you need it to cruise the the price will just go up and up.

I guess we will see.

Insurance will be one cost, the higher cost may be time....how much time must one spend in quarantine before coming home? If retired not a problem other than maybe more dog or cat boarding fees, if still in the work force will add up fast.....not to mention if your employer even continues your employment. 

My employer currently has a rule that if you travel out of province for any reason regardless of vaccination status you must stay home and quarantine at home for 14 days on your own time. Sure you can use banked time or extra vacation time owing but not many can manage that. 

8 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

You can't come back without a negative PCR test. We are taking our daughter to grad school in a month In Spain . If we test positive  we will be placed in a quarantine hotel until we are negative and healthy enough to travel back home. Fortunately the Delta is winding down in the EU but I'm still a teeny bit apprehensive. 

Our hotel has arranged transport to and from the hospital testing facility.

I’m not 100% certain this is the latest update. It was « updated  July 6th, 2021»:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Excerpt from « Required Testing before Air Travel to the US »

« If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get tested no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight, or be prepared to show documentation of recovery (proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel). »

Edited by JaneStarr
To fix formatting

58 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I wonder how much travel insurance will cost that includes emergency private transportation home in the very likely event that you test positive while on a cruise.....or if it will even be available while we're still under an official world wide pandemic. Might just become cost prohibitive.......if that happens Royal will have to continue to eat the cost if they want people to cruise. 

Quarantining in a contracted hotel sounds like a more viable option financially speaking but once again, who will pay and who has that amount of time to give up?? I know I don't.....

No one knows yet.......

Travel insurance is available now that will fly you home in the case of a medical emergency. What that means is you have to be sick enough to require a higher level of care or extended care.

What is not available is insurance that will fly you home in a private jet just because you test positive. Royal has set high expectations, but it just doesn’t happen that way with insurance. I do not expect Royal to continue their assistance plan once it expires. People will have to evaluate their risk to cruise and plan to be responsible for their own arrangements.

What is more likely to happen if someone tests positive is quarantine in a hotel until a negative test allows them to fly home commercially. There are clauses in existing policies that will reimburse some of these expenses. A few specifically allow extra funds for quarantine.

The cost of third-party policies, those not purchased from the cruise line, is determined by the cost of the trip and the age of the policy holder. Insurance is regulated by the state so it does not matter from whom you buy it. The cost of the identical policy will be the same, but price will vary according to types of coverage and dollar limits.

In short, when the assistance plans run out, you will pay.  Consider travel insurance. There is a Cruise/Travel Insurance forum here on CC that can help.

You are truly Blessed to have recovered and had the where-with-all to let us into your personal journey. Hopefully we all know that Covid is real and we must continue to get vaccinated, wear our mask, social distance and wash our hands.  

We all kwon that there is no vaccine known to mankind that is 100% accurate and effective. For now the Covid vaccines are all we have. Please encourage everyone to get vaccinated; the Vaccine is working for what it was designed to do.

God Bless you and your family.    

• Like 2