Approved Taxi Tours - Celebrity

OT-Miami

The Celebrity website indicates that only those on Celebrity shorex or "approved taxi tours" may go beyond the port area in Costa Maya.  Does anyone know where these approved taxi tours go?  TIA 🙂

14 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

Thanks for the insight, although I'm not sure I'm any clearer on the process than I was before🙃

Are you wanting to go somewhere particular? A particular beach club, the ruins?

Did you read the Maya Chan blog post? She seemed to discuss current details although of course that can change. I would have expected her to be sufficiently well-known and sufficiently aware of the local area to have been able to negotiate if possible.

Of course she doesn’t actually say if she was on Celebrity.

Edited by c-leg5

17 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Are you wanting to go somewhere particular? A particular beach club, the ruins?

We're not looking for any specific location, just a beach with some amenities - not necessarily a beach club. 

With all of the restrictions, I'm very concerned about inadvertently violating the Celebrity shorex policy.  There have already been reports of cruisers venturing off and being denied boarding upon return. 

Unfortunate, there doesn't seem to be any information out there, even though there have already been a couple of sailings that stop in Costa Maya...

Celebrity will direct you or point out which taxi tours/ship excursions are approved.  Otherwise don't leave the cruise center.

BTW Beaches with amenities are all beach clubs but along the malecon they run next to each other with little dividing.  Most are free loungers if you purchase food or a drink.   How many are open I'm not sure. Waiting for some late July/August ships to post.  

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Celebrity will direct you or point out which taxi tours/ship excursions are approved.  Otherwise don't leave the cruise center.

BTW Beaches with amenities are all beach clubs but along the malecon they run next to each other with little dividing.  Most are free loungers if you purchase food or a drink.   How many are open I'm not sure. Waiting for some late July/August ships to post.  

Crew, in the thread I posted above there seems to be some discrepancy  between “the taxis will take you wherever you want” and yet “someone couldn’t get a taxi to Jaimie’s”.

I posted the link to the latest blog from the owner of Maya Chan in that thread and I tend to think if SHE could only get to the cruise line beach club when she wanted to meet up with her family that are still living there, it doesn’t leave much hope for the rest of us. She must be well known in the area and have connections.

I know you have contact with Jaimie, perhaps you could get more insight?