Updated FAQ - Covid Test Required eff 8/15

Stevanb

22 minutes ago, Stevanb said:

Has anyone been on a Princess ship that has been vaccinated ?  We  wanted to know if you have to wear a mask in the public areas ?

Thank You in Advance

Check out the recent "live from" (there are 2) for the first 2 Alaska cruises from Seattle.

All cruises (so far) are for 100% vax only.

It was reported the masks are voluntary, but encouraged in elevators.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevanb said:

I saw them but leaving from Fla is a different story

That's true - but currently Princess has no ships sailing from Florida, only from Seattle between now and late September, so no one will be able to give you the specific information you're seeking. 

• Like 1

Yes, effective with cruises departing on August 15th, we will require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.

Fully vaccinated guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed onboard. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting.  The full details are here:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/ .  I'm wondering if it has been prompted by issues on the ship or the escalating prevalence of the variants?  Or maybe just in line with others such as Royal are now doing.  In any event it's an interesting - and sad - development.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Very interesting.  The full details are here:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/ .  I'm wondering if it has been prompted by issues on the ship or the escalating prevalence of the variants?  Or maybe just in line with others such as Royal are now doing.  In any event it's an interesting - and sad - development.

At least Princess gave advanced notice.  Over on the Celebrity board, people were scrambling to get tested for their immediate sailings...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

At least Princess gave advanced notice.  Over on the Celebrity board, people were scrambling to get tested for their immediate sailings...

Yes!  We are boarding this Sunday and adding that requirement for us would have been a mad scramble.  I'm reading that Carnival announced the same restrictions before Princess did.  Maybe it's all of the CCL brands that are doing this?

• Like 1

At least they are accepting the rapid antigen results. Trying to get PCR results on a test within 72 hours when so many fly in a day early and results can't always be guaranteed within 24 hours is a giant pain! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

At least they are accepting the rapid antigen results. Trying to get PCR results on a test within 72 hours when so many fly in a day early and results can't always be guaranteed within 24 hours is a giant pain! 

The results are emailed so technically you could get a PCR test prior to flying within the 72 hour time period. I always hedge my bets and get 2 tests from different locations to avoid any issues with not getting results in time 

Also easy testing at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid for free.

Just check there sites for locations and appts 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

The results are emailed so technically you could get a PCR test prior to flying within the 72 hour time period 

I do understand that, but the verbiage for almost every testing site (unless you pay a crazy fee for guaranteed 24 hour results) says that results are usually available in 1-2 days but they do not guarantee that time frame. Would be a shame to get the test and then be denied boarding because your results haven't cleared yet. 

• Like 2

Just now, TinaLee said:

I do understand that, but the verbiage for almost every testing site (unless you pay a crazy fee for guaranteed 24 hour results) says that results are usually available in 1-2 days but they do not guarantee that time frame. Would be a shame to get the test and then be denied boarding because your results haven't cleared yet. 

I get 2  from different locations when I needed for work clearance in the past, just to be safe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes!  We are boarding this Sunday and adding that requirement for us would have been a mad scramble.  I'm reading that Carnival announced the same restrictions before Princess did.  Maybe it's all of the CCL brands that are doing this?

Us too!  And we leave TOMORROW because we are taking the train to Seattle and that takes two nights!  There's no way we could have gotten a test today and had results before tomorrow.  So whew!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess it is a good thing Princess canceled our cruise, as we would be cancelling under these new mask mandates.  I personally do not want to go a vacation where I must mask up everywhere.  We will wait it out.

• Like 13

We sail on August 22nd (Sunday) and plan to get the antigen test on August 19th (Thursday) that should be ok, correct?  If I remember correctly testing day does not count as part of the 3 day number..

8 minutes ago, JRWLOBO said:

I guess it is a good thing Princess canceled our cruise, as we would be cancelling under these new mask mandates.  I personally do not want to go a vacation where I must mask up everywhere.  We will wait it out.

Same here, we cancelled our cruise yesterday and so glad we did. I was not happy about no dancing, karaoke, etc but with this new set of rules, forget it! I will not pay thousands of dollars for a cruise to wear a mask and have limited entertainment

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, JRWLOBO said:

I'm not sure why they would require masks anywhere on the ship if all the passengers have to be vaccinated...and now showing proof of a negative test...and the crew is masked.  Makes no sense to this simple minded man!

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We sail on August 22nd (Sunday) and plan to get the antigen test on August 19th (Thursday) that should be ok, correct?  If I remember correctly testing day does not count as part of the 3 day number..

72 hours before arrival

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I'm not sure why they would require masks anywhere on the ship if all the passengers have to be vaccinated...and now showing proof of a negative test...and the crew is masked.  Makes no sense to this simple minded man!

Asymptomatic spread.  That is what they are trying to avoid. 

• Like 8