Updated FAQ - Covid Test Required eff 8/15

Stevanb

2 minutes ago, imdutch319 said:

The “BinexNow Home Test” includes the remote online medical supervision. The “BinexNow Self Test” does not. Just bought the home test online as I don’t trust I can get a PCR test result in time. (Ship leaves on a Sunday, flight leaves on Saturday, test on thursday most likely will not get results before flight if demand is high. Not many rapid antigen text sites in East Phoenix Valley so went with the home test. Do labs work 24/7? I doubt it. Just thankful I have a month now to work out a backup if BinexNow Home Test is a bust. Shame on all cruise lines for making passengers scramble to get tested and results  back in 3 days time after booking and flights arranged with no guarantee of timely PCR results reporting.

It's got me a bit anxious as well.  I guess we could always schedule one of the rapid tests at the airport but wow, they are a bit costly.  I think from our departure airport, it would cost an additional of nearly $200 for both of us.  It's not the worst but we'd have to go down there a day or two before our flight as their first appointment isn't until 9 AM.  It is a rapid result PCR test and they have appointments throughout the end of the year.  So, I am planning on going to CVS but if there is a problem, will go the route of coughing up the $$ for the test at the airport.  It's a back up plan....

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's got me a bit anxious as well.  I guess we could always schedule one of the rapid tests at the airport but wow, they are a bit costly.  I think from our departure airport, it would cost an additional of nearly $200 for both of us.  It's not the worst but we'd have to go down there a day or two before our flight as their first appointment isn't until 9 AM.  It is a rapid result PCR test and they have appointments throughout the end of the year.  So, I am planning on going to CVS but if there is a problem, will go the route of coughing up the $$ for the test at the airport.  It's a back up plan....

This to say it nicely is a cluster.....

Just now, mellon1 said:

We too were worried about the new phone and the medallion and now this testing before we board and were to go and who to trust that it is approved site.  Way too much stress.  My husband wants to just forget it all and not go, especially because of the masks.  I really want to go.  We are driving, so it will take us 2 days to get there driving so we will have to stay extra days in Florida too with the testing.  

When is vacation going to get back to being relaxing and stressfree?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

The masks are one thing but the tests are just putting everyone into a tizzy.  I'm sure hoping Princess is reading this and hopefully they can come up with a partnership with a testing company so we can all do this at home via a zoom call or facetime.  

It's all probably going to work out just fine but it is sure creating some undue anxiety due to the unknown, a big one being, the delay in test results that are happening just about everywhere.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

The masks are one thing but the tests are just putting everyone into a tizzy.  I'm sure hoping Princess is reading this and hopefully they can come up with a partnership with a testing company so we can all do this at home via a zoom call or facetime.  

It's all probably going to work out just fine but it is sure creating some undue anxiety due to the unknown, a big one being, the delay in test results that are happening just about everywhere.  

So, you get to the pier and that "person" makes the decision and whoever you spoke to doesn't matter.  I find that extremely stressful.  I think they should just do the test there.  Then, what happens, if you get there and then....OK, your luggage is already sent through....how do you get it back if you test positive?  I think it would be so much easier to just have vaccinated people onboard.  

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I just looked up my account on Walgreens website.  I received the ID Now rapid antigen test.  You drive thru they hand you a swap in a sealed bag.  You swab then put back in bag, reseal it and hand back.  20 min later you have results

Is that accepted FOR SURE by Princess?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

So, you get to the pier and that "person" makes the decision and whoever you spoke to doesn't matter.  I find that extremely stressful.  I think they should just do the test there.  Then, what happens, if you get there and then....OK, your luggage is already sent through....how do you get it back if you test positive?  I think it would be so much easier to just have vaccinated people onboard.  

On Princess website they have updated how they will deal with covid, positive tests. It is in the FAQ--cruise with confidence.

3 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

They do just have vaccinated people onboard with a very small percentage of people that aren't vaccinated only due to a medical or religious contraindication, which is a very small percentage ... like .13% on the cruise I was on a week ago.  I guess the problem is, the Delta variant is popping up in those that are fully vaccinated so, they are trying to curb those transmissions.  

I did read that if you are doing a B2B, Princess will test you in between sailings for no charge.  It almost makes the B2B worth it, doesn't it?  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There is one Walgreens in Southern California (Fountain Valley) but getting an appointment is next to impossible (none).  ID NOW 

Maybe I misunderstand, but there are Walgreens all over San Gabriel Valley and the Inland Empire.  A bit of a drive, maybe, but that's what Princess has brought us to.

according to their website they do.

We will also require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.

Just now, Kay S said:

Maybe I misunderstand, but there are Walgreens all over San Gabriel Valley and the Inland Empire.  A bit of a drive, maybe, but that's what Princess has brought us to.

Not just Princess;  Hawaii required my family and Me to get one to vacation on their islands

19 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Is that accepted FOR SURE by Princess?

We will also require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.

** according to their website they do

11 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

How do you get the proof of the test? Is it a piece of paper? Is it sent to your phone or email?

you give the pharmacy your email and the results will be emailed to you.  Walgreens rapid antigen test took 20 min for email results

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

All I see is Sacramento ... but not sure how far out you are.  

We've got an appointment for a PCR at the Sac airport location. I think that will work, since people have said they've gone there several times and always gotten their results back in 12 hours or so. That location is about an hour and a quarter from us, and I think that's about the limit on how far my DH is willing to go. We're continuing to look and will be calling our doctor tomorrow to see if he can offer us something near home.

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Please notice that there are MANY testing sites in the Las Vegas area, but only one in Southern California that has the ID NOW and no Diagnostic test/Binax NOW/antigen.  Both of these tests are on the approved list.  Also note that as of today, there is no availability for tomorrow.  This is not encouraging.

https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing?ban=covid_vanity_testing

Walgreens x.png

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:37 PM, 007colocruz said:

I finally spoke to Sabrina at Princess. No refund for September 26/21 Majestic cruise. Penalty to cancel is $2135. 
They have Not gotten any memo to say otherwise. 

if you want to be on hold and listen to loud obnoxious music for over an hour call Sabrina. 
lost connection 

We want to go on this cruise   it is just the mask wearing inside that I will have difficulty with, so to respect the rules and others I will enjoy the cruise from my balcony & cabin. Got drink package.  

I'd call back and talk to someone else if I were you. I spoke to Ann Marie on August 5 at around 2 PM to cancel our September 26 sailing on the Majestic. She said due to the new mask/testing policy no fees were being assessed if cancelled before October 31 and we should look for a refund within 5-7 business days. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:50 AM, caribill said:

I agree with you 100%.

My thought is that Princess is not offering these tests at the terminal is it would cost them $$$.

Yes, it costs them money in the UK, but there they were willing to cover the costs just to get cruising started again.

Princess would need to acquire thousands of test kits and machines to run the tests and personnel to do the tests. Not sure that’s even possible. 

On 8/4/2021 at 11:52 PM, caribill said:

Nobody is complaining about a test at the terminal.

The problem is getting a test away from the terminal within the 72 hours before boarding and have the results back in time to check-in.

Nobody is complaining because they’re not doing that. If they were doing testing at the terminal there would be plenty of complaints about it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pamster said:

Princess would need to acquire thousands of test kits and machines to run the tests and personnel to do the tests. Not sure that’s even possible. 

NCL managed to do it - they did the exact same thing, i.e. went from no testing requirement to now you need a test in the space of a few days, yet they are able to test all of their passengers at the port in Seattle. If Princess WANTED to do it, they most certainly could. And incidentally they are already providing free testing at the port of embarkation for all of their cruises leaving from any port in Europe. They simple choose not to do it in the US, leaving the onus on their passengers. Not good, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, RJAM3 said:

drive through is not an option..physician must be prsent.

Drive through is definitely an option. Medically supervised just means that a medical person needs to watch it being done, or perform the collection. Medical person could be a pharmacist, nurse, pharmacy tech, anyone trained to perform it. They can watch you do it in your car.  Pretty sure it is never a physician. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, suekel said:

What I haven't seen addressed on the website or here..What if one gets Covid in late October or early November?  You have a mild case and feel better quickly or are asymptomatic....One can test positive for weeks after getting covid which is why you can't get retested within 90 days since its worthless.  

This is on the Princess Cruise Health FAQs:  Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 90 days prior to embarkation, and are fully recovered. Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and, laboratory test results that are not older than 90 days.

• Like 1