America jazz Aug 1 Cruise

After getting off to a rough start with our Jul 11 cruise being canceled at the last minute, the Aug 1 cruise was nothing but smooth sailing and extremely enjoyable.  This was our first River cruise and it far exceeded our expectations.  First of all let me say I was quite impressed with the staff, their friendliness and dedication to making the cruise wonderful.  From the cleaning of the room, serving our meals and all other requests.  Sure they worked hard and a good percentage were only a few weeks on the ship themselves.  For the most part the service was timely, none of the horror reports I read earlier about hours to wait, 15 to 30 minutes was the norm.  They were happy and there to please.  If you wanted something a little different, it was usually no problem.  The Cruise Director Keri and Excursions Director David were wonderful, so future cruisers on the Jazz this year, you are going to have a treat.  The guest historical onboard was great and we attended all his talks.

The entertainment was excellent on board, first night we had Elvis, followed by two excellent Blue Grass groups, who played for two nights each, tonight we have someone doing Neil Diamond songs.

Tomorrow in Nashville we conclude with the Grand Ole Opry.

We have already booked our next cruise next July on the new ship Melody for Upper Mississippi in the Veranda Suite again.  Saved $2,534.  The Veranda was extremely roomy withe a great deck on top of the ship and most of all the bathroom had great walk in shower with handicap bars in the shower and commode area.  It had a safe, small refrigerator.  From the two lounges below, you can get snacks, soft drinks and ice.  I even brought back whole bottles of wine to drink later at night.  With dinning, the shows and of course happy hour, you never want for anything to drink.  During happy hours each day the treats, were to dye for!

Cruising the river was so peaceful and beautiful, the country side was picturesque.  The ports of Paducah, Dover and Clarksville were really enjoyable.  The port of Memphis, not so much!  It’s a long way down to river from buses and if you have any difficulty walking take the golf cart down. The area was unkept and covered with debris and trees washed up.  This was not ACL fault, but the city of Memphis, which is Democrat run, need I say more.  Looking forward to Nashville where we dock at Opryland.  All the excursions were great, but go to Old Glory in Clarksville if you have a chance.  All the food was excellent, we just couldn’t eat 3 meals a day, I suggest you bring tums as my body revolted on me after 3 days, just wasn’t use to it, after that I was great for rest of the cruise.

After 16 ocean cruises, this was a great change with fewer people, we had 150 on board and visiting with everyone.  We look forward to next cruise and I’ll check back when I get home for any questions.

1F07B415-1A4F-488D-B8E6-4140EA20A74D.jpeg

3A59936D-2C97-4B89-9FBC-5F3315007AA2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Texasramblinreck said:

After getting off to a rough start with our Jul 11 cruise being canceled at the last minute, the Aug 1 cruise was nothing but smooth sailing and extremely enjoyable.  This was our first River cruise and it far exceeded our expectations.  First of all let me say I was quite impressed with the staff, their friendliness and dedication to making the cruise wonderful.  From the cleaning of the room, serving our meals and all other requests.  Sure they worked hard and a good percentage were only a few weeks on the ship themselves.  For the most part the service was timely, none of the horror reports I read earlier about hours to wait, 15 to 30 minutes was the norm.  They were happy and there to please.  If you wanted something a little different, it was usually no problem.  The Cruise Director Keri and Excursions Director David were wonderful, so future cruisers on the Jazz this year, you are going to have a treat.  The guest historical onboard was great and we attended all his talks.

The entertainment was excellent on board, first night we had Elvis, followed by two excellent Blue Grass groups, who played for two nights each, tonight we have someone doing Neil Diamond songs.

Tomorrow in Nashville we conclude with the Grand Ole Opry.

We have already booked our next cruise next July on the new ship Melody for Upper Mississippi in the Veranda Suite again.  Saved $2,534.  The Veranda was extremely roomy withe a great deck on top of the ship and most of all the bathroom had great walk in shower with handicap bars in the shower and commode area.  It had a safe, small refrigerator.  From the two lounges below, you can get snacks, soft drinks and ice.  I even brought back whole bottles of wine to drink later at night.  With dinning, the shows and of course happy hour, you never want for anything to drink.  During happy hours each day the treats, were to dye for!

Cruising the river was so peaceful and beautiful, the country side was picturesque.  The ports of Paducah, Dover and Clarksville were really enjoyable.  The port of Memphis, not so much!  It’s a long way down to river from buses and if you have any difficulty walking take the golf cart down. The area was unkept and covered with debris and trees washed up.  This was not ACL fault, but the city of Memphis, which is Democrat run, need I say more.  Looking forward to Nashville where we dock at Opryland.  All the excursions were great, but go to Old Glory in Clarksville if you have a chance.  All the food was excellent, we just couldn’t eat 3 meals a day, I suggest you bring tums as my body revolted on me after 3 days, just wasn’t use to it, after that I was great for rest of the cruise.

After 16 ocean cruises, this was a great change with fewer people, we had 150 on board and visiting with everyone.  We look forward to next cruise and I’ll check back when I get home for any questions.

1F07B415-1A4F-488D-B8E6-4140EA20A74D.jpeg

3A59936D-2C97-4B89-9FBC-5F3315007AA2.jpeg

Good to hear your cruise went well. Can you email me at suek46 at hotmail dot com 

We are home in Texas now and thought I would give an update.  I forgot to mention how smooth check in was.  Just check in with a paper has all your vaccinated info and 15 minutes to get the test.

‘Nashville is a great town, we had a private tour, but several on ship did many on Saturday and loved it.  The Grand Ole Opry was absolutely fantastic, it was filled to the top, masks were optional and everyone was celebrating.  6 great artists with the Oak Ridge Boys finish the show with Elvira, that brought the house down!  The deck hands were so helpful to get you on and off boat, really great for us old folks.  Some of you might remember me saying ACL was going to pay the extra increase for flights due to the cancellation, a check for $721 was waiting for me when I got home.  I was impressed.  The river was so smooth and the weather perfect for our cruise.  Looking forward to next cruise

• Like 1