The Daily for Sunday August 08, 2021

richwmn

Yes, a bunny hug is like a hoodie; it’s a term that seems to be very regional.  They’re very cozy, whatever they’re called!

Here’s the family playing soccer last night.

C45F68DE-4F64-4029-A8B4-CCC45A785FBE.thumb.jpeg.86018a8a36bea7c769b2c6feafdbda81.jpeg

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Yes, a bunny hug is like a hoodie; it’s a term that seems to be very regional.  They’re very cozy, whatever they’re called!

Here’s the family playing soccer last night.

C45F68DE-4F64-4029-A8B4-CCC45A785FBE.thumb.jpeg.86018a8a36bea7c769b2c6feafdbda81.jpeg

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you, Gerry! Definitely a very special picture. A celebration of family! Sheer joy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I hope DH wasn't TOO disappointed.

Roy

Fortunately, we went with very realistic expectations.  The Phils had already taken the first two games of this series, moved into first place...and today was Roy Halladay Day where they retired his uniform number.  Lots of alumni players in the house, and Wheeler...and ex-Met...was the Phillies starting pitcher.

Wheeler pitched a gem and no matter your team alliance, if you're a fan of the game (and DH and I are) you have to respect a pitching performance of a complete-game start of under 110 pitches in today's era.  Interesting stat DH discovered tonight...after allowing a hit to the first Met batter the top of the first, he retired 22 consecutive batters before giving up a walk to Conforto in the 8th.  That is the most consecutive retired batters for the Phillies since...May 29, 2010 - the day Halladay tossed a perfect game.  It was a performance meant to be on Halladay's day.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'm not gonna pick favorites, because that might start a family fight, but I've seen some beautiful pet cats pictured here today.  Almost as pretty as my long-gone Sweet Pea.  ❤️

Our Sophia. Went to live with a precious friend as Allen was horribly allergic to her. She's the queen bee amongst 2 other kitties!

1218201055~2.jpg

• Like 17

Well I was finally able to go back and read the posts I missed. Somehow that’s happening more frequently for me. 

I enjoyed all the pictures of today’s port but I don’t think I’ll ever seek it out as a must see. 

We got the new iPad purchased very quickly and set up quickly but it took forever to undo the older iPad so Craig can start using it. Dang all those passcodes!  

@DeeniEncinitas Your watercolor of the turtle is absolutely beautiful!  What a talent you have. 

@puppycanducruise I wrote a reply earlier but CC gobbled it up. 😉 Anyway I wanted to thank you but it really is a small pool, the pool company called it a party pool. But we enjoy it and it brings the family together. 

Have a great evening!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺Bruno! I know all about you and from me I welcome you to our family!! I know I am 2 months late!! All I can say is adorable on your fur baby!

I am anxious to hear about your up coming cruise and have fingers crossed all goes well for you and dad with the antigen tests soon!

Denise😊

Thanks Denise!  I hope it goes well too.

Our kitty is an Abyssinian, they have slightly larger ears then other breeds.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our Sophia. Went to live with a precious friend as Allen was horribly allergic to her. She's the queen bee amongst 2 other kitties!

1218201055~2.jpg

Joy, I remember you posting back in the day about your Sophia.  So hard to part with!  Is your friend close enough to visit?  That would be nice, to watch kitty grow up.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Joy, I remember you posting back in the day about your Sophia.  So hard to part with!  Is your friend close enough to visit?  That would be nice, to watch kitty grow up.

We see pictures of Sophie all the time! Paula sends us updates. Jerry is the 3 legged cat (shot by a 22) and he LOVES her! They have an adorable routine of helping Paula with her crossword puzzles and chasing the resident bunny who sleeps with them. A wonderful friendship for these orphans!

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We see pictures of Sophie all the time! Paula sends us updates. Jerry is the 3 legged cat (shot by a 22) and he LOVES her! They have an adorable routine of helping Paula with her crossword puzzles and chasing the resident bunny who sleeps with them. A wonderful friendship for these orphans!

That's a really precious mental picture to end my day with.   And probably for a lot of others, too.  Super sweet to think about.  Thanks for the update on Sophie! 🥰

(Darling name, too!)

• Like 5

Thanks for all the daily information , gorgeous cat photos and the port photos. Good to see the care list becoming smaller. Our cat who rules our home is at present sound asleep

This morning had a very brief snow shower, pleased that we have missed the heavier snowfalls travelling up the country.   Sunshine since, but a very cold wind.

@DeeniEncinitas you have such talent with your beautiful painting.

@kazuappreciate seeing the photos of your flowers.

@ger_77lovely photo of the soccer game, precious memories.

Take care, stay safe everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, dfish said:

…  The next night as they led me to my table I could see it was with the same couple and I did something I was ashamed of, but had to do.  I stopped them and said no.  Seat me anywhere else, in the kitchen if you must, but not with them!   I was told that many people had complained about sitting with them so I suggested they be given a two top from now on.  

The last solo cruise I did I was seated with 3 couples, one of whom I had sat with the previous night. This was around day 11 or so of a 14 day cruise. This left 1 seat open at the end of the table. One of the ladies near me looked at the empty seat and expressed her concern that it might be filled with another solo. She made it clear she was fine with me sharing the table, but she asked the waiter to remove the final seat so a particular guy wouldn’t be seated with us. They had had an unpleasant experience a few nights before with the “chap from the Isle of Wight”. I think everyone at the table groaned. We had ALL had such an experience. (Assuming, of course, there was only 1 solo male meeting that description onboard, who apparently had been raised by wolves. His behavior was truly inappropriate.😱) So the 7 of us had a lovely dinner, knowing we would not have a “visit”.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 8/8/2021 at 6:37 AM, aliaschief said:

Good morning from the beautiful MS Nieuw Amsterdam. Having a pretty sunrise and enough movement you know your at sea.

We had a delightful dinner in the Tamarind with John and Maria. Great conversations!

Wearing a mask is nothing new yet there are a few who are either ignorant or defiant.

Ship is sparkling and the crew is as wonderful as ever.

We are quite content to sit on our verhandha and enjoy our love of being at sea.

Neptune is opening in 30 than breakfast in the Pinnacle at eight!

Life is good! Thanks for the Daily.

Hi! Loving all the posts about the first few cruises of the season on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We will be cruising on 9/18 and I'm thinking of making a reservation at Tamarind for the first night. What's a good time for that? I'm afraid of having FOMO haha so want to make the right decision. Happy sailing....