Will NCL cover the cost of return to Canada from Rome if we test positive?

zanzibargirl

2 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I am now thinking I will just continue to go to NYC- however for any type of ride back to NJ, uber, lyft, car service wouldn't one be required to tell them they had a positive test? 

What does this have to do with the original poster's question? Thread hijack .....

From the Sail Safe FAQ's:

If you are denied boarding due to a positive COVID-19 test at embarkation, the cruise line will coordinate and cover costs for travel arrangements, for you and those traveling with you if they are also denied boarding. The cruise line will not be able to assist with travel arrangements if a guest is denied boarding as a result of a violating the cruise line’s health and safety protocols.

Interesting.   I looked on the NCL Sail Safe page for the FAQ's and I'm not sure how to interpret this:

"If one person in the party tests positive for COVID-19, immediate family members, those traveling in the same cabin as the guest who tested positive and those identified as a close contact will be denied boarding.

If you are denied boarding due to a positive COVID-19 test at embarkation, the cruise line will coordinate and cover costs for travel arrangements, for you and those traveling with you if they are also denied boarding. The cruise line will not be able to assist with travel arrangements if a guest is denied boarding as a result of a violating the cruise line’s health and safety protocols."I

Now, does "travel arrangements" mean they will just cover costs for flight change fees or other penalties? Their agents will get you new flights?  It doesn't come right out and say "Hey..we'll get you all the way home".  

• Like 1

I agree with Cole.... coordinate costs for travel  arrangements doesn't mean they will charter a private flight home from Rome. You would have to quarantine In a Hotel beforehand anyhow. Doesn't say they would cover that either.

Edited by tallnthensome

6 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Now, does "travel arrangements" mean they will just cover costs for flight change fees or other penalties? Their agents will get you new flights?  It doesn't come right out and say "Hey..we'll get you all the way home".  

Exactly they will cover the travel costs to the nearest quarantine facility after they hand you over to the local authorities 😂

Seriously nobody is getting on an aeroplane with a known case of Covid.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Exactly they will cover the travel costs to the nearest quarantine facility after they hand you over to the local authorities 😂

Seriously nobody is getting on an aeroplane with a known case of Covid.

For sure! You got that right. 

• Like 1