Celebrity Constellation currently in dry dock in Spain...

Stockjock

I posted this in response to a question as to the Spanish dry dock of Constellation...

Don't forget it was previously all but announced that Infinity and Constellation would be transferred to Pullmantur once they emerged from bankruptcy.  Celebrity denied this, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

A decent possibility exists that Pullmantur does not emerge from bankruptcy, but they could.  Some of the former Pullmantur crew stated a few months back that they were approached about renewing their contracts beginning in December 2021.

My personal opinion is that Infinity and Constellation will not be a part of Celebrity's long-term plans, regardless of whether or not Pullmantur is involved.  Revolutionizing these ships is quite expensive and obviously not only does business suck due to covid, but these are really old ships and they already have 2 revolutionized really old ships.  Celebrity offers a premium product and I think they have enough old ships, albeit with new lipstick on several.

I suspect they'll go "bye bye" at some point, sooner than later.  If you owned these ships in this climate, would you put hundreds of millions into them during a global pandemic when cash is tight?  I wouldn't.

This might mean something and it might mean nothing, but the dry dock is in Spain.  Guess where Pullmantur is based? (Spain).  And Pullmantur, while in a liquidation phase, does still have Horizon floating around out there somewhere.

Could they reemerge with Horizon, Infinity and Constellation?  Absolutely.  Will they?  That remains to be seen.

• Like 1