I'm almost afraid to ask this question......

halos

.....let's all be nice.

I just want to know, when dining at the Supper Clubs (I'll be at Nick and Nora's one night during my cruise) I was thinking that I should pack a 3rd formal-type dress.....OR are most folks in there just doing cruise/casual wear, so will a nice skirt/blouse do??

(My husband will definitely be wearing a jacket.)

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

You're funny, halos.... I think people are afraid to respond! I have no idea...never sailed on a ship with Supper Clubs. You could try looking for the capers for your ship...lots of them are available online...you can just google them.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

The Dinner Club on the Conquest had a fairly formal feel- more so than the dining rooms by a long shot- but there were a few people wearing what would be considered resort casual wear. I think you could wear the same formal dress your wearing on formal night or you could get away with a nice skirt and blouse.

Sensation Feb 2002

Conquest Feb 2003

Elation Sept 2003

Destiny- May 2004!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>OR are most folks in there just doing cruise/casual wear...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halos,

To really be noticed & the talk of the boards...

You & hubby should be brave and wear your favorite jeans!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Hi when I dined in the supper club on the Glory and Conquest, most women were wearing dressier clothes than casual/resort wear but not quite formal. Don't know the term for that. Probably didn't help you much.. LOL I just wore a simple black dress.

Atom.gif

Sensation.gif

Next Cruises! SENSATION 5/6/04 then MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

It's formal....or at least it was on the Legend when we were there. I'd say more formal than the dining room by far.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

The Capers on our Legend cruise listed dress for the Golden Fleece as smart casual. Although we dressed as requested, some folks didn't and the dress "code" was not enforced. Soooo, I would say dress nicely and comfortably because you'll be stuffed when you leave! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

icon_cool.gif Hi Halos. I've read somewhere on these boards that Nick & Nora's is formal. There's music and dancing and everyone is dressed.

We want to book 2 nights if we can. Heard it's fabulous!

Hey, since you won't be dining with the same people, maybe just taking 2 formal things and wearing 1 of the same to Nick & Nora's wouldn't be so terrible. I don't know! I know I'll probably overpack, as usual - lol!

Karen icon_cool.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks everyone!

Salty,

I don't bring jeans on the ship!! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif They are left at home, where they belong.

Madelinerose,

We will be dining with the same people. We are going with another family. There will be 8 of us all together in the reg. dining room. When we eat at Nick and Nora's, it will just be us 4 adults. We figured the kids could make due on their own that night. I'm assuming we'll be at the table by ourselves. I could repeat a dress, but I have an old spare that never goes out of style. I'll just throw it in the suitcase. I always overpack anyway...what's one more dress??

It's fine with me. I enjoy getting dressed. I don't get the opportunity to do it that often. These days everything is so casual. It's nice for the change of pace. And I just LOVE seeing my husband in a suit!

Thanks for the advise!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

[This message was edited by halos on 05-05-04 at 10:25 PM.]

[This message was edited by halos on 05-05-04 at 10:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by halos on 05-05-04 at 10:27 PM.]

Originally posted by fascination 5/10:

You could try looking for the capers for your ship...lots of them are available online...you can just google them.

Facination:

Thanks for the tip. I tried to google Carnival Capers and a number of things came up.

The closest thing I got was the Webshots website.

Can you tell me how I can find Glorys Eastern

iteniary specifically? Thanks

Nancy

Till we cruise on Glory again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we cruise on Carribean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;06;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived