One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not missing anything. 

Does this mean we can facetime and you can administer the test at my house???  I would love it.  My SIL the anesthisiologist could too!

I hope exm can clear this up soon!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wasn't being snarky. Some people on here know what my profession is.

I don’t. 

This whole testing process has been stressful as it is, and now i learned my test might become a problem on Saturday. I am too exhausted from all of these rules changes and I will deal with it on Saturday if needed. Thanks.

Edited by exm
  • Like 2

Very happy that both the hubby and I have our negative tests — he’s doing his visa now 🙂. Having a cup of coffee, then off to finish packing since my day got waylaid getting a new phone for my daughter so that we can keep in touch while we are in the Bahamas.  Go figure it would stop working right before we leave (but happily not after).  

Been hearing from a lot of people that they are getting their visas approved promptly — most within a couple of hours at most.  So good news for everyone in the “decrease stress” department.  And once he has it, he can complete his VeriFLY as well. I’ve heard mixed reviews on whether VeriFLY is worth doing, but it’s easy enough, and free, so why not.

Tomorrow night we will be checking in for our flight, since we are staying at an airport Hyatt, so that we can further decrease our stress.  We have a 6:30am flight on Friday, and I don’t want any last minute hiccups at 4am.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, exm said:

I don’t. 

This whole testing process has been stressful as it is, and now i learned my test might become a problem on Saturday. I am too exhausted from all of these rules changes and I will deal with it on Saturday if needed. Thanks.

I’m sure they will just have you do a test at the hotel if needed.  I know they have done that for at least one other person, and given the conflicting and ever changing information, it better not be a problem.  

3 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I’m sure they will just have you do a test at the hotel if needed.  I know they have done that for at least one other person, and given the conflicting and ever changing information, it better not be a problem.  

Thanks. And if needed, I can run across the street for such a test. Not overly concerned, just annoyed with this process. Testing my 5 year old ourselves in front of the camera was stressful as is.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, exm said:

Thanks. And if needed, I can run across the street for such a test. Not overly concerned, just annoyed with this process. Testing my 5 year old ourselves in front of the camera was stressful as is.

It gets a bit wearing, but we are almost there!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

It gets a bit wearing, but we are almost there!!!

These are strange times indeed. Relieved we both have a negative Covid test. I found the Bahamas health visa very stressful due to the fact it kept kicking me out and I had to re enter info over and over! Finally is approved and paid for. Now only one more health survey to be filled out on Friday then off to the airport Saturday morning. Look forward to seeing some of you next week!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

Here’s B2b info if you need it!

E53C6B4F-F040-4FE5-B58F-F61A4C41F91A.jpeg

D9A33115-5AF4-40A2-844C-C965F0D83201.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing this info— we are super excited about finally doing our first B2B and knowing what to expect is so helpful— especially with all of the extra hoops travel demands these days

Woo Hoo — we are all set to leave tomorrow as far as packing and documentation goes- we have a few non cruise things to do (pesky vet decided the dog needs one more post op visit before we go 😜) but very excited to be heading to our pre-cruise hotel tomorrow evening.

• Like 3

I’m too busy having an amazing time on this cruise to post a comprehensive review — so I’ll be sure to do so on Saturday. However, I’ll just say that despite the stresses of multiple tests and visas and hoops — this has HANDS DOWN been the BEST cruise we’ve ever taken. The service, the food and the entertainment have all been first class. The crew is bending over backwards to make this an amazing trip — and they’ve succeeded.

• Like 6

Kind of surprised but we were able to check in and get our boarding passes online this morning.  VeriFly was key for that since we had completed the checklist last night.  We also have tsa pre, so maybe that was partly why as well.  I've heard that you can't check in online for Bahamas, so was just planning on paying for our bags.  Of course couldn't find anyway to do that 😂 but we are otherwise set.  Be warned, our flight (early morning LAX to MIA) looks to be oversold-- They are currently offering $500 per seat to switch flights, so i suggest being early to the airport for your flight because I doubt ours is the only one oversold

2 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Kind of surprised but we were able to check in and get our boarding passes online this morning.  VeriFly was key for that since we had completed the checklist last night.  We also have tsa pre, so maybe that was partly why as well.  I've heard that you can't check in online for Bahamas, so was just planning on paying for our bags.  Of course couldn't find anyway to do that 😂 but we are otherwise set.  Be warned, our flight (early morning LAX to MIA) looks to be oversold-- They are currently offering $500 per seat to switch flights, so i suggest being early to the airport for your flight because I doubt ours is the only one oversold

Good for you!  I believe Verifly only works with particular airports.  I completed it 3 days ago and I could not check in online this morning for Detroit.  We are staying near the airport this evening and going over to check-in tonight at the airport so we don't have to deal with the line at 4am tomorrow morning.  We're only taking carryon luggage.

Went to Cabbage Beach and had a coconut filled rum cocktail. Delicious, and great beach.

Also went to the Pirate Museum (that’s my son) which pleasantly surprised me. It’s short (about an hour at most) but very entertaining.

Tomorrow a relaxed day at our local pool, pack and we are heading Saturday at 11:20 from our AirBNB to the Hilton. Have a plan B in place also in case the antigen test becomes problematic (clinic right across the street). 

945350B0-52A5-42CF-B1DD-AD9196C690DB.jpeg

7C64733C-6BAB-4171-937B-197DA95F5CD3.jpeg

Edited by exm
  • Like 6