Manage drink packages

Barbara H

Hi all, our travel agent purchased us the premier beverage package, but it's not yet showing up on the medallion app.  We get the message to purchase a drink package when I click on manage drink packages.  Anyone else seeing this?  When I log onto princess itself, it shows that we have the package.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Barbara H said:

Hi all, our travel agent purchased us the premier beverage package, but it's not yet showing up on the medallion app.  We get the message to purchase a drink package when I click on manage drink packages.  Anyone else seeing this?  When I log onto princess itself, it shows that we have the package.

Thanks!

You need to be a little more specific please. Do you mean Princess Plus or (PBP) Premium Beverage Package. In any case we always see the option to buy PBP when we go through the Manage Drinks section.

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

You need to be a little more specific please. Do you mean Princess Plus or (PBP) Premium Beverage Package. In any case we always see the option to buy PBP when we go through the Manage Drinks section.

But when you click through to that option, does it not say you already have it?

I know it works that way with pre-paid "crew incentive."

3 hours ago, Barbara H said:

Thanks!

Print your proof from the TA and the website.

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I do see it on the Princess website, but not on the app.  I believe it was gifted through princess plus.  

When I click on manage drinks packages, it just pops up with "Purchase a drink package pre-cruise, please visit cruise personalizer."  

I will print it off, and I can show them on my iPad when I log onto princess.  I'm just trying to have as much ready in advance as possible.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Barbara H said:

I believe it was gifted through princess plus.  

Sorry to be picky, but it was not 'Gifted'. Princess Plus costs more than Saver fare and I think it is a great deal, but there is a cost for it.

And Yes, it is strange that you have an option to buy PBP when you already have Plus. I have not seen anywhere on Medallion that it lists items like this or OBC etc.

Edited by Tedferg

23 minutes ago, Barbara H said:

It does, but it doesn't show it on the medallion.  Maybe it will once we board the ship.  

Print the travel summary and bring it to your cruise ... that will document you have the pkg, and they can take care of it for you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry to be picky, but it was not 'Gifted'. Princess Plus costs more than Saver fare and I think it is a great deal, but there is a cost for it.

And Yes, it is strange that you have an option to buy PBP when you already have Plus. I have not seen anywhere on Medallion that it lists items like this or OBC etc.

Sorry if you misunderstood.  Yes, I know the Princess Plus cost more.  It was comped by my travel agent, hence, gifted.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, echoshipmate said:

I guess no one knows the answer to your question, including me, Why does the drinks package not show on the app, but does on the website. At least, I believe that was your question. 

I know.  Probably just more problems with the medallion.  I did as many suggested and printed off the verification.  I was just hoping to avoid spending time at guest services working it out.  

Thanks all.

The included beverage package does not show on the app when you select "manage drink packages". Don't worry about it. It's not supposed to show up there. It has absolutely nothing to do with the app.

Note: There is no "managing" to be done with the beverage package. It just "is" and there's no manipulation needed. I believe the section of the app is geared more toward purchasing. You don't need to purchase a drink package as you already have it.  The beverage package works just like it did before the stupid app. Your package is "in the system" and every bartender, server, etc. can see that you have it. Of course it still wouldn't hurt to take a copy of your Travel Summary with you. I always do but have never needed it.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

Thanks all.  I do see it on the Princess website, but not on the app.  I believe it was gifted through princess plus.  

When I click on manage drinks packages, it just pops up with "Purchase a drink package pre-cruise, please visit cruise personalizer."  

I will print it off, and I can show them on my iPad when I log onto princess.  I'm just trying to have as much ready in advance as possible.  

That's not gifted. You paid extra for the plus features.

Sorry if you misunderstood.  Yes, I know the Princess Plus cost more.  It was comped by my travel agent, hence, gifted.  

If it was gifted as you mention it is a really great gift. The plus package which includes crew gratuity, wifi and the premier beverage package typically costs $40/pp/day over the no frills fare. Maybe Princess is offering T.A.'s special promos. 

• Like 1

I believe that “gifted” is shown because you bought the upgrade through your travel agent. Through the paper work exchange between cruise line and travel agent it appears to be gifted. Not sure but I believe this is the case.

• Like 1

Go in to your Personalizer. It should be listed in your Travel Summary and it is also listed in the Onboard Services. Click on that tab and scroll down to the end of that page.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

I believe that “gifted” is shown because you bought the upgrade through your travel agent. Through the paper work exchange between cruise line and travel agent it appears to be gifted. Not sure but I believe this is the case.

Yes. Whenever we have a promo such as a comped specialty restaurant dinner it shows on the web site as a "gift" from the TA even though it was part of the promo from Princess.

The things below were part of the package we booked through Princess. We paid the added cost for Princess Plus to get them yet they still show up as a gift from the TA. Even the box of chocolates was a Princess promo for Valentine's Day. None of these things were actually gifted by the TA but they all show up as gifts from him.

image.thumb.png.bc10f074d33217a26693318403e96814.png

image.thumb.png.f6b7cc94880663a6c6751faf7790fb58.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

My summary shows my perks are compliments of my TA but they're actually paid for by me buying the plus package.

Just one thing to add.

When we have managed to be one of the first groups to board and I go get my first drink, I have gotten into the habit of asking the bartender for sure if the package shows up. On 2 different cruises, it didn't show up yet and he said they must not have loaded the packages yet for the cruise! On my last cruise, it was 2 hours later and a trip to Customer Service before it was loaded. I found this really annoying and likely the cause of several charges that shouldn't have been on people's bills.

This was pre-pandemic and pre-Plus so I hope they have fixed this problem by my next cruise.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, echoshipmate said:

I guess no one knows the answer to your question, including me, Why does the drinks package not show on the app, but does on the website. At least, I believe that was your question. 

As a former IT dork, the answer is most likely that the website and app are working off 2 different data sources/databases that have not been sync'd yet due to the sync schedule or a bug.  This is very common in the business as there is often a bit of worry about letting an app have access to the official record.  If it's a sync delay the problem will correct on the next run, otherwise could be a bug. 

• Like 1