Redeeming your FCC online

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

When you redeem your FCC online is it applied immediately?

Sorry but you get the "It depends"

There are different types of FCC and different ways they were issued over the past months, it also depends on if the money has been linked to the FCC.

One system they still have not figured out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

When you redeem your FCC online is it applied immediately?

I applied mine online easily.  I remember it going on within the hour as I received an email from Royal showing the credit on my statement.  (edited)

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

I didn't know if someone had Royal had to look at the pricing on your booking to apply them , say in the case where you think there might be a pricing error😇 to your advantage.  Guess it's probably best to NOT apply them IF that were the case

• 2 weeks later...

I fully regret trying to redeem online, specifically to applying the amount to a different reservation. The redemption team did not correctly apply it and customer service is telling me that it was an error and I have to wait 30 days for the remaining amount to be issued back to me, and then I have to call back to have it reapplied. I regret not doing it on the phone with someone the first time where I could discuss how it would be applied to someone. The 30 day way is completely contrary to the policy of waiting until your cruise is over to get a new voucher , but the support assured me I would be issued a new one within 30 days. Very confusing and frustrating.

I used the redeem link on Tuesday. I got printable confirmation saying:

"YOU'RE ALL SET

Your request has been submitted for Booking ID: XXXXXX. No additional action is needed on
your part. You'll receive an e-mailed copy of your request as a confirmation of receipt shortly.

After confirming that the reservation is eligible for Cruise With Confidence, we will issue and
send the Future Cruise Certificate within 30 days.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future! Thank you for your support and
loyalty."

However, I have not received the confirmation email, and my reservation shows up online still. So I used the support form, but looks like that support takes days to reply. Now I'm in phone calling them, and was given heads up that wait time may be more than an hour.

Bit frustrating,.. I wish there was easy way to get Confidence that Cruise With Confidence works.

I've found that the people I'm talking to on the phone are very accommodating at working through the vouchers, given you have someone who knows what they are doing. I would still strongly recommend people apply vouchers by phone instead of the site, even if you have to wait on hold.

45 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

I've found that the people I'm talking to on the phone are very accommodating at working through the vouchers, given you have someone who knows what they are doing. I would still strongly recommend people apply vouchers by phone instead of the site, even if you have to wait on hold.

We had a similar experience yesterday; the associate on the phone was very patient, went through everything in great detail, and we ended up having all our future cruise credits (from a 2020 Oasis cruise RCL cancelled) applied to a 12/31/2021 Anthem cruise and a July 2022 Oasis cruise. As it turns out we got the equivalent of trading the 2020 Oasis for a 2022 Oasis, and as a bonus got a 9 day Anthem for about $1,000 bucks (balcony) for the two of us. The 125% FCC really worked well for us, and I hope it works well for all you all!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Online I redeemed our FCC from an August 2021 cruise cancelled by us.  Took eight hours to receive the email stating the FCC were applied to our July 2022 cruise.  Did not realize that it could not be applied to tax & fees.