Best Personal Transport from Port Canaveral to MCO Orlando Airport?

CPoneCruiser

My wife and I are taking a cruise and plan on getting a rental car from MCO airport and spending the day in Orlando before an evening flight home.  What’s the best personal transport from Port Canaveral to the airport?  We actually may use the same from the airport to MCO on the way to the cruise…

1 hour ago, CPoneCruiser said:

My wife and I are taking a cruise and plan on getting a rental car from MCO airport and spending the day in Orlando before an evening flight home.  What’s the best personal transport from Port Canaveral to the airport?  We actually may use the same from the airport to MCO on the way to the cruise…

Try Cruise Control......(888) 416-8830

• Like 1

Why not rent the car in PC/Cocoa Beach and then return it to MCO?  All of the local rental agencies offer shuttles from the port.  We've used Avis several times (mostly for a corporate discount rate) and have been happy with the service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Why not rent the car in PC/Cocoa Beach and then return it to MCO?  All of the local rental agencies offer shuttles from the port.  We've used Avis several times (mostly for a corporate discount rate) and have been happy with the service.

Closed right now (covid)

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

I don't expect any changes around here in the near future

Really.....I would think that as more cruises start to sail from PC the rental places will open back up.

I would think when the port opens, the secondary businesses will open too.  Not sure the Covid hot spot will change that.  People WILL come.  If there is a demand for rental cars as a result, the rental companies will open.

Before I got your replies, I purchased a rental car at PC with return at MCO.  I’m hoping they are open then because I didn’t know they were closed when I booked it.  It’s with Avis.  

All this said, what transportation would you recommend from MCO to our hotel in PC the day before the cruise?

3 hours ago, CPoneCruiser said:

Before I got your replies, I purchased a rental car at PC with return at MCO.  I’m hoping they are open then because I didn’t know they were closed when I booked it.  It’s with Avis.  

All this said, what transportation would you recommend from MCO to our hotel in PC the day before the cruise?

My post #2 is a company you might consider.

4 hours ago, CPoneCruiser said:

Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the two most often suggested shuttle companies pre-virus.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, Ashland said:

Really.....I would think that as more cruises start to sail from PC the rental places will open back up.

Rental vehicles are very scarce, even in large airport areas. Many companies sold off their fleet to reduce expenses. As things started to rebound, car manufacturers ran into chip shortages. The demand for new cars is very high so they have no reason to offer huge discounts for fleet vehicles. A friend's son works at Enterprise. They are just now getting to 50% capacity for filling reservations. No one is getting a car type they reserved. The next person in line is offered the next car available. "You have a reservation for a Luxury Full Size SUV. We have a Chevy Spark for you. Do you want it? No, OK have a good day. Next. We have a Chevy Spark for you do you want it? No, next." And that is how theirs is running currently. Not all of them are this way, my local one isn't but they are limited. 

10 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Rental vehicles are very scarce, even in large airport areas. Many companies sold off their fleet to reduce expenses. As things started to rebound, car manufacturers ran into chip shortages. The demand for new cars is very high so they have no reason to offer huge discounts for fleet vehicles. A friend's son works at Enterprise. They are just now getting to 50% capacity for filling reservations. No one is getting a car type they reserved. The next person in line is offered the next car available. "You have a reservation for a Luxury Full Size SUV. We have a Chevy Spark for you. Do you want it? No, OK have a good day. Next. We have a Chevy Spark for you do you want it? No, next." And that is how theirs is running currently. Not all of them are this way, my local one isn't but they are limited. 

As I said...things will change. I'm not needing a rental until April 2022 for MCO to PC.

• 4 weeks later...

Car post shortages are going to keep rentals at a premium. You may rent a car and not have one available. Car manufacturers are not selling fleet vehicles at massive discounts. Rental companies can buy at MSRP which they won't. With reduced number of vehicles, there will be a premium. My friend runs an Enterprise on the west coast of FL. If a car is available, the next in line can choose to have it or no car. Enterprise is renting without inventory.

Another friend has their Lexus if the shop. It cannot be driven without a specific part. They have been waiting 2 months now. They were just told that parts for service may not even be available until 2023. They are in a battle with the dealership to provide a new car or buy that one back for current value. The dealership is no longer giving out loaners so they have to rent a car until they can give their back. It is a mess and no signs of getting better. All I can say is don't get in an accident because it could be a much bigger pain.