Future Cruise Deposit

majortom10

6 hours ago, lissie said:

I'm actually very, very picky about my cabin - I have it down to about 6 inside deluxe on  deck 1!  (I get seasick).  So yes have sailed once  and have 2 bookings and they were all saver fares with us choosing the exact cabin. 

Free car parking is of little use when you have to fly in from NZ - the only advantage of the more expensive fare class was I think priority in choosing a dining time or table size - but we prefer late seating and large tables and no one else does so we don't have any problem getting what we want LOL 

Well the system must be different where you are than in the UK because if you book a Saver fare in UK you do not get to choose your cabin number and position that is down to Cunard and you dont get any perks to get those privileges you have to book Select.

Edited by majortom10

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Update.

Called regarding 14

Cunard’s computer says NO, only 8

So, one has to now put everything, including hard copy evidence, in writing to challenge the computer.

Update.

Challenge correct.

It appears that when the FCDs were reinstated after Cunard cancellations, Cunard failed to extend some of the dates, so immediately the 6 disputed FCDs were reinstated they were considered expired and automatically deleted.

Requested for all 14 FCDs to be extended to be used for the new 23/24 releases towards the end if this year, failing that, one asked for a full refund.

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Update.

Challenge correct.

It appears that when the FCDs were reinstated after Cunard cancellations, Cunard failed to extend some of the dates, so immediately the 6 disputed FCDs were reinstated they were considered expired and automatically deleted.

Requested for all 14 FCDs to be extended to be used for the new 23/24 releases towards the end if this year, failing that, one asked for a full refund.

If you don’t mind me asking…. Did you need to wait for a reply from Guest Relations to get this resolution? Or was someone at the contact centre able to help? 

We are in the same boat (ha!) but need an urgent response that isn’t forthcoming!!

18 minutes ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

If you don’t mind me asking…. Did you need to wait for a reply from Guest Relations to get this resolution? Or was someone at the contact centre able to help? 

We are in the same boat (ha!) but need an urgent response that isn’t forthcoming!!

As your matter us urgent use this Email address to bypass the oxymoron of Customer Services

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

If you made fresh bookings in lieu of cancelled cruises for which you had FCDs, , the FCDs might already have been applied for you. On checking, ours were.

28 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

If you made fresh bookings in lieu of cancelled cruises for which you had FCDs, , the FCDs might already have been applied for you. On checking, ours were.

One’s 14 were over and above those already allocated to new bookings.

2 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Apologises 

No problem. 🙂

I think it's fair to say your accumulation of still unused FCD will be rather unique. We always have a fistful but they are now utilised and others may have theirs applied too, like us, without knowing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Update.

Challenge correct.

Update.

There has been a resolution, but one is asked by Cunard to keep the content confidential and not broadcast or publish the details.  One will respect confidentiality.

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

A non-disclosure agreement. Interesting that Cunard appear to want to keep the details of their doing the right thing secret. What could that possibly mean?

No idea but there's no better way of stirring up interest than announcing one can't say anything! Better to have said nothing at all!

• Like 3

I do not think it will mean the return of FCDs but if it does having been told they were not available on a recent Seacation so was not able to buy any I will be very disappointed. Think it is more likely that those who have already purchased them they will be honoured.

I am sure that FCDs have been cancelled by the bean counters at Carnival to save money on giving out "free" OBC but I do think it will backfire on Cunard and cost them money and not save it. I will be very disappointed if Summer 2023 programme is not released for booking before the end of my cruise on QE in November so we can book onboard. If it isnt then we will not be booking at a later date due to the loss of substantial OBC lost by not booking onboard  a Cunard cruise in a Grill suite at no small amount and will look at other non Carnival cruise lines.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I am sure that FCDs have been cancelled by the bean counters at Carnival to save money on giving out "free" OBC but I do think it will backfire on Cunard and cost them money and not save it. I will be very disappointed if Summer 2023 programme is not released for booking before the end of my cruise on QE in November so we can book onboard. If it isnt then we will not be booking at a later date due to the loss of substantial OBC lost by not booking onboard  a Cunard cruise in a Grill suite at no small amount and will look at other non Carnival cruise lines.

I am sure that the bean counters are trying every way possible to save money. Not just in Cunard but all lines, as they have been haemorrhaging money for over 18 months! They need to get back into profit.

While it lasted FCD was a great benefit. Sadly all things have changed: at least we still have ships to give us a holiday, even if the cost will be more expensive in the future.

Other lines offer free this, that and the other, but it is all included in the cruise price. No company could afford to give thousands of passengers free drinks every day of the year or free flights, It is just going to be the case of being subjective when you book, to get the most appealing and cost effective package for one’s aspirations.

• Like 2

We will miss the FCD as we always had a couple on the go but I agree with LadyL1 in that it's been a dreadful time for all businesses. We're happy Cunard survived and as the company is more than FCD for us, we will take it on the chin and look forward to the release of the '23 summer itineraries. Early birds catch the cabins they want, and all that.  🙂

Well I am sorry to stay but unless we can book onboard in November we will not be booking at least 2 cruises with Cunard for 2023 and will look elsewhere at either other cruise lines or land based holidays. Although the bean counters think it will save Cunard money I think it will actually have the opposite effect and lose them customers altogether not everyone will take it on the chin and especially lose the possibility of $800 obc.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Well I am sorry to stay but unless we can book onboard in November we will not be booking at least 2 cruises with Cunard for 2023 and will look elsewhere at either other cruise lines or land based holidays. Although the bean counters think it will save Cunard money I think it will actually have the opposite effect and lose them customers altogether not everyone will take it on the chin and especially lose the possibility of $800 obc.

I completely understand but it all depends on the criteria used for booking Cunard.  For us, the FCDs were always a bonus. We have booked without them in the past and to book with them was icing on the cake.  🙂

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Gomac said:

Is there any update on FCDs being offered onboard again or do you still have to book a specific cruise to get the OBC?

Thanks

One’s thoughts.

On next cruise will book 4, 5 or 6 cruises (possibly even more) onboard to receive OBC. Then, as allowed under the current Cunard policy, look to move each cruise en bloc, like for like without penalty or loss, when new brochure is launched.

On the morning show (OH insists on watching it)Yo Yo announced on QM2 in June that you could book a future cuise, get OBC and free parking etc and transfer it to another cruise  already published or not to any of the 4 ships and take your onboard benefits with you. Does not have to be  of higher value. This is what we did.