Alaska accessible excursions with a small group

shel003

Hi,

Will be going to Alaska with Princess cruises in June 2023.  Have  done somebody research on private excursions but also plan on taking some princess excursions.  I know that when you book a wheelchair accessible excursion through the ship, only one person can accompany you and others must book he regular excursion.  There will be 6 of us traveling as a group.  My question is, do you get to see the other members of your he group cruise n the excursion once you arrive at the destination???  We of course would make sure the times match up.  We booked this cruise to spend time together and would love to share experiences on excursions.

If we won’t see each other during the excursions might have to look more at private accessible options (I use a wheelchair and can’t climb steps).  Any companies or tours you recommend that are accessible?  Here is what we are interested in:

Ketchikan- Totem Bright State Park, lumber Jack show

Juneau- Whale watch (plan to use dolphin jet boat tours), mendenhall glacier (plan to use ship tour as you can go off on your own while there), gold mine tour

Skagway- plan to take a private tour along the Klondike highway

So I guess I mainly need recommendations on private tours for totem bright, and a gold mine tour.  We are not renting cars since need tours that would pick up close to the pier.

TIA!

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

You might want to ask on the Alaska ports of call board.

For Mendenhall, there is no need for the cruise tour. There are busses that will take you from the port.

I looked into those and none of them are wheelchair accessible (you have to climb steps to board and I can’t do that).

In the past when I posted on the Alaska forum, they tell me to post here due to my accessibility needs.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, shel003 said:

Hi,

So I guess I mainly need recommendations on private tours for totem bright, and a gold mine tour.  We are not renting cars since need tours that would pick up close to the pier.

TIA!

You can take the public bus to Totem Bright. It is wheelchair accessible.

https://www.kgbak.us/784/Accessibility

21 hours ago, shel003 said:

Thanks!  Is there admission to totem bright… how much?  How much is the bus and where would I catch it?

Website with all the info for the bus: https://www.kgbak.us/145/Transit

Totem Bight website (including ADA info): http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspunits/southeast/totembigshp.htm

• Like 1