Just Finished Cruising Scarlet Lady - Ask me any questions..

desire882x

On 8/23/2021 at 1:24 PM, shook said:

I have a question about the alcoholic drinks. From what I can tell from their website, It seems there are no alcohol drinks that are included in the cruise package price - that you either pay for each drink as ordered or there is a $300 drink tab you can purchase - but The Tab says it allows "premium" drinks. Are there "regular" beers and wine etc included in your cruise package without additional charge, or do you pay for each drink onboard (charged to your room).PS - Do you pay for the drinks in the minibar as well? Thanks!

"Premium Drinks" are the coffee/team items from the Grounds Club, juices/smoothies that are made to order and the Red Bull offerings.

18 hours ago, MLJS said:

When I asked on FB messenger, this is the reply I got back:

The Bar Tab is assigned to the booking. If the booking has two persons in the cabin, both will fall under the Bar Tab for use. 🥂

Nothing stopping you from buying someone else a drink either...

• 2 weeks later...

- was there enough space under the bed for luggage?

-did you have a hard time getting into restaurants? I'm hoping the limited capacity helps with this.

-do they offer the typical daily cruise things like trivia? Are there mass game night type evenings or mass karaoke (I know they offer private karaoke)

-i saw a mention of free sparkling drinks at sail away to drink- is this true? great time to drink up 😉

5 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

- was there enough space under the bed for luggage?

Absolutely none in my cabin (a solo insider). 

-did you have a hard time getting into restaurants? I'm hoping the limited capacity helps with this.

Not at all. I’d prebooked all mine on the app but I saw plenty of people getting walk-ups.

-do they offer the typical daily cruise things like trivia? Are there mass game night type evenings or mass karaoke (I know they offer private karaoke)

There was some trivia, yes - I didn’t go but like everything I’d expect it to have a Virgin twist. There was no mass karaoke that I saw. Do not expect typical cruise ship entertainment.

-i saw a mention of free sparkling drinks at sail away to drink- is this true? great time to drink up 😉

Yes, up on the pool deck for an hour.

Edited by gumshoe958

41 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

Price for faster wifi, i hear the regular wifi can be iffy..?

We were told that in the UK sailings, the reason the Wi-Fi was "poor" was that it was set up for the Caribbean sailings out of Miami, so hopefully shouldn't be too bad unless you'll be looking to stream films, play games etc. Paying for faster Wi-Fi in the UK wasn't an option for this reason.

However on the UK sailing the Wi-Fi was fine for web browsing, mail, Facetime etc - never tried streaming films (no need with the up to date choices on the TV), but on websites with embedded videos, these took quite a while to open.

Don

15 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

Do you get to pick your bracelet color? I am sailing in <30 days so I know I most likely won’t have my name but curious on color. 

In the UK sailings bracelet colour was Black and Gold for "Rock Stars" booked in the suites and red for everyone else.

Most "sailors" had their personalised name on their bracelets but due to delivery issues a few didn't and these had generic messages such as "Ahoy Sailor" and "Nice to sea you" on them.

Mind you to get the best connection for using the bracelet as a key and paying bills etc it was best to wear the bracelets with the name side down!

Don

Edited by Quacks the Cruiser
missed a piece of advice

On 8/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, sarakenny said:

Do they offer separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the dreaded "conditioning shampoo"? Are they generous with hangers in the closet? I'm starting to think about what I need to pack for my October cruise. TIA (And thank you for your short review! Looking forward to the full one.)

Hi, yes they did!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

Can you order more than one app, entree, dessert etc like on other lines?

I didn’t try ordering more than one entree but they certainly didn’t have an issue with two appetisers.

In the Mexican (Pink Agave) they have small, medium and large plates and you can mix & match as you desire.

• 2 weeks later...