Current Diamond Plus Onboard Discounts

mzlisap

Ok I just got back from the Ovation, August 20th,  but I didn’t buy the drink package so I can’t remember the current discount for Diamond Plus. I was traveling with someone who had never been to Alaska so we were off the ship when in port. Now my husband and I are going again and we have been numerous times so we will likely stay onboard except for eating some local food. So if you’ve just gotten off of a sailing and remember the current discount can you help? 

Edited by mzlisap

• mzlisap changed the title to Current Diamond Plus Onboard Discounts
3 hours ago, mzlisap said:

Ok I just got back from the Ovation, August 20th,  but I didn’t buy the drink package so I can’t remember the current discount for Diamond Plus. I was traveling with someone who had never been to Alaska so we were off the ship when in port. Now my husband and I are going again and we have been numerous times so we will likely stay onboard except for eating some local food. So if you’ve just gotten off of a sailing and remember the current discount can you help? 

D+ get 30% off the onboard price of the package.  But remember, as D+, you already have 5 free drinks on your SeaPass each day.  You would have to consider how many drinks ABOVE that you would purchase, to see whether the price of the package is "worth it" to you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Along with the 5 drinks loaded on your Seapass card and if you're D+ with 340 points or more you can select wine as one of your C&A loyalty rewards

Correct me if I'm wrong here:  D+ may select one wine at 175 pts.  At 340 pts, D+ may select two wines.  What I can't recall and can't find at this time find in T&C:  Is cruise length a factor?

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

D+ get 30% off the onboard price of the package.  But remember, as D+, you already have 5 free drinks on your SeaPass each day.  You would have to consider how many drinks ABOVE that you would purchase, to see whether the price of the package is "worth it" to you.

Talking to others last week on Ovation, it seems many are of the mind that a drink package no longer has the same value if D/D+/P levels = 4/5/6 drinks.   I haven't done the math.

9 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here:  D+ may select one wine at 175 pts.  At 340 pts, D+ may select two wines.  What I can't recall and can't find at this time find in T&C:  Is cruise length a factor?

Thanks. I stand corrected. You are correct. I should know better as we aren't at the 340 point mark yet. :classic_rolleyes: Wishful thinking. 😉

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Welcome-Drink-Bonus-Gift-1.pdf

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

The additional ammenity gifts don't show up until 7+ day cruise.

3-6 nights cap out at one gift

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bethco said:

Diamond does not get the free bag of Wash/Dry/Fold laundry.  It is more like a $10 discount.

On post 2 where the D+ offers are posted, the D+ is a 10 dollar discount.  I thought it was free too.  Perhaps just this cruise?

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

On post 2 where the D+ offers are posted, the D+ is a 10 dollar discount.  I thought it was free too.  Perhaps just this cruise?

On the top of Services it says free bag.  Then at the bottom of the list it says $10 off.  So you can do a free bag and then a 2nd discounted bag for each D+.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. I stand corrected. You are correct. I should know better as we aren't at the 340 point mark yet. :classic_rolleyes: Wishful thinking. 😉

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Welcome-Drink-Bonus-Gift-1.pdf

Wasn't there a thread that because of C-19 protocol no water or wine provided in the cabin.

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Wasn't there a thread that because of C-19 protocol no water or wine provided in the cabin.

We received both.  But I believe you are correct:  an earlier thread suggested we wouldn't get these.  There were deliveries of cookies, c-covered strawberries, macaroons/candy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

We received both.  But I believe you are correct:  an earlier thread suggested we wouldn't get these.  There were deliveries of cookies, c-covered strawberries, macaroons/candy.

Recent cruise?

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We were just on Adventure and we each could get a free bag of laundry.  Just sent out one as I don't want the majority of our clothes washed in hot water and then thrown in a dryer.  Would rather bring my stuff home and wash it.  Only sent out my work out clothes.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

To us the package is totally worth it.  Remember - those 5 vouchers count against a bottle of water, a soda, a coffee - not just a drink.  My husband drinks at least 2 specialty coffees a day, I drink 3 to 4 bottles of water and at least one soda a day.  So buy the time we have drinks, the beverage package totally pays for itself.  The nice thing about the vouchers are that they are not limited to you.  So if we are with someone who doesn't have the package and they want a drink, I can use one of my vouchers to "buy" them a drink and not break any rules about "sharing" my beverage package.  I will give another example - when on Adventure - my husband wanted a drink with a double shot and an espresso.  Waiter said - I will use your drink package for your drink and then use 2 vouchers for your extra shot and your espresso.  So it works great.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I'll wait until we are on our next cruise to see what we get in our cabin from our previous requests. 

Edited by davekathy

When we were diamond, we received 3 free drinks from 5-8, and since we didn't drink, we could get 3 Coke Zero's in the can at any bar. Now that we are D+ members, Is the free 5 drinks anytime of day, and do they still let you get soda?

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

The nice thing about the vouchers are that they are not limited to you.  So if we are with someone who doesn't have the package and they want a drink, I can use one of my vouchers to "buy" them a drink and not break any rules about "sharing" my beverage package.

The sharing police may still disagree with you.

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes I know about the 5 drinks as I just got off on the 20th. We like to drink the coffees and fresh squeezed juice in the morning. I also drink lots of bottled water.